View Poll Results: Which actress has the nicest voice?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Number 1

9 22.50%
  • Number 2

7 17.50%
  • Number 3

0 0%
  • Number 4

0 0%
  • Number 5

4 10.00%
  • Number 6

1 2.50%
  • Number 7

2 5.00%
  • Number 8

2 5.00%
  • Number 9

14 35.00%
  • Number 10

1 2.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which actress has the nicest voice?

Quote Originally Posted by kiropuppy
    i like #1 the most. she sounds the most confident and she has a nice voice
    #2 sounds really weak and boring
    #3 has like this blabbery voice
    #4 sounds too calm
    #5 sounds like she has a really big mouth and is gawking
    #6 this one i like third to best
    #7 kind of raspy
    #8 incredibly low
    #9 this one i like second to best.
    #10 little raspy and it sounds like her mouth is kind of big
    ROLFIMAO!!!

I think 1 and 9 are the only ones I like.

1. A bit overconfident/overprepared, but clear and precise...this is Shu Chang, and the singing that followed is not as good as her speaking voice
    2. Weak, sounds shy, boring, inexpressive, but not too bad to listen to
    3. Sounds too enthusiastic and rough and reporter-like.
    4. Too mumbly and teeth-sounding (I mean it sounds like when you are speaking but barely make a space between your upper/lower jaw). Needs to enunciate.
    5. LOL I agree with the big mouth and gawking comment.
    6. Sound quality is not good...this is obviously Gao Yuanyuan (I was guessing it was GYY, but when I saw sunny voted for her I confirmed the fact). Her voice is okay. Not the best, not the worst.
    7. Okay...
    8. ZHOU XUN. That is so ZHOU XUN. Very low and takes a while to get used to, but I can at least understand what she's saying, so it's clear.
    9. This one's not bad...not as clear and precise as #1, but soothing and not too inexpressive either.
    10. Ady An Yixuan, obviously. Her voice is...a bit sharp, and not soothing like we'd wish. But I think she has good expression in her voice acting.

I find that news anchors tend to have nice voices.

However, I think the natural colour of your voice isn't as important as how expressively you use it. If your voice is nice naturally but you have no expression, then that's not as good as if you have a mediocre voice but great expression. I think with voice acting expression is extremely important. Can see why they use dubbing artists though. Which is why LYF's voice (or dubbing artist) always has lots of expression while her face lacks it.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly Wine
    I think 1 and 9 are the only ones I like.
    good assessment Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Wine
    I find that news anchors tend to have nice voices.
    of course they have nice voices - they're selected for their looks and voice - and ability to read off the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly Wine
    I think with voice acting expression is extremely important. Can see why they use dubbing artists though. Which is why LYF's voice (or dubbing artist) always has lots of expression while her face lacks it.
    i've been saying this all along. real acting must include real voices! the only time you lend your voice is for animation or unseen characters. So when you take this into consideration - none of the mainland actors can act if they had their voices dubbed.
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetSurfr
    i've been saying this all along. real acting must include real voices! the only time you lend your voice is for animation or unseen characters. So when you take this into consideration - none of the mainland actors can act if they had their voices dubbed.
    Interesting adaptations of my username (if I could I would change my username to "Minmin"), but I must disagree with your comment. Since when did LYF = all the mainland actors? First of all, some of the actresses in this poll, such as Zhao Wei and Zhou Xun, don't even get dubbed, yet their acting is generally not considered subpar.

The XLN dubbing artist is seriously the best part about LYF's XLN. LYF can perfect her art of being a vase, but less people will criticise her acting because her dubbing artist will make up for it.
    Last edited by Sparky; 12-26-06 at 09:14 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky The Canine Warrior
    Interesting adaptations of my username, but I must disagree. Since when did LYF = all the mainland actors? First of all, some of the actresses in this poll, such as Zhao Wei and Zhou Xun, don't even get dubbed, yet their acting is generally not considered subpar.
    I was under the impression that mainland series are dubbed by professional voice actors? The whole cast of ROCH06 (excluding Screaming Monkey) were dubbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Interesting adaptations of my username (if I could I would change my username to "Minmin")
    Excellent decision Then you wont be mistaken by nasty net as a dog Eer, you know I am joking dont you Pls do not flare up again.. Well, if you want a name change, you can either seek a moderator or the admin or create another account but start with 0 post count. And dont follow dragonpuke's bad example and starting posting with double accs, you would get banned for that
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    I was under the impression that mainland series are dubbed by professional voice actors? The whole cast of ROCH06 (excluding Screaming Monkey) were dubbed!
    No duh, in that case, they could always get a better dubber for Zhou Xun in LOCH. They don't dub all the time.

And Vicki isn't dubbed most of the time when I watch her series, I'm not sure about the other actresses.

Amy chan always kept her own voice.

Most mainland serials have the voice of the actors dubbed whereas HK (TVB), Korean and Taiwanese serials tend to use the actual voice of the actor. Funny thing is that contrary to their series, most mainland movies have the actor dubbing his/her own voice in the movie. I actually prefer series (mainly period ones) which are professionally dubbed because it standardizes the accent/speech and does away with voices which sound too modern, hence spoiling the ancient mood. Actually apart from costume dramas (which makes up most mainland series), most modern serials do not have the voices of the actors dubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertl
    Amy chan always kept her own voice.
    That's probably because she's a HK actress, most of them do not have professional dubbing for their characters in series. I dont mind hearing their own voices in HK serials but i find it pretty annoying if their voices aren't dubbed in mandrain series/movies because of their heavy accent which differs greatly from the usual Taiwanese or Beijing accent and of course, incorrect pronunciations.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 12-27-06 at 02:07 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

My top three...

[3] No. 8 <=== sounds like she's really confident and articulate.

[2] No. 10 <=== sounds like someone who's carefree and having fun

[1] No. 9 <=== damn, she sounds sexy as hell. her voice gives me a tickly feeling in my ear.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I still go for 8. The other voices, some just sounds like they want to act all cutesy, which is annoying, while some sound whimpery. Number 8 sounds mature and strong
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I still go for 8. The other voices, some just sounds like they want to act all cutesy, which is annoying, while some sound whimpery. Number 8 sounds mature and strong
    Sugar, your voice would win hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Fearful
    Excellent decision Then you wont be mistaken by nasty net as a dog Eer, you know I am joking dont you Pls do not flare up again.. Well, if you want a name change, you can either seek a moderator or the admin or create another account but start with 0 post count. And dont follow dragonpuke's bad example and starting posting with double accs, you would get banned for that
    lol you're the one that called me a dog, or a female dog, actually. I thought you can't have two accounts...as for dragonite, she (oops almost typed "he" again) didn't get banned, did she? I don't think I'll change my username, even if you insist on continuously calling me a "female dog."

Quote Originally Posted by NetSurfr
    No that's only Zhang Jizhong and ROCH. I think LYF was dubbed less because of the natural colour of her voice, but because her voice does not have the ability to speak expressively, based on interviews. LOCH was definitely Zhou Xun's real voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    lol you're the one that called me a dog, or a female dog, actually. I thought you can't have two accounts...as for dragonite, she (oops almost typed "he" again) didn't get banned, did she? I don't think I'll change my username, even if you insist on continuously calling me a "female dog."

LOL, I bet that you do adore that name very much, well it's your internet girlfriend, recruit netdriftr, who so "romantically" thought it for you.

IS no 9's voice Zhang Ziyi's like what sunnysnow had said, anutie 0-0-0?
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    LOL, I bet that you do adore that name very much, well it's your internet girlfriend, recruit netdriftr, who so "romantically" thought it for you.
    lol how is net my internet girlfriend if we've confirmed he's a guy? Just because you are confused about genders doesn't mean everyone else is omnisexual...or at least I hope not

I still like Minmin better though, for Zhao Min. Or maybe I'll make my username *LyF4eVa* just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    Sugar, your voice would win hands down

*stuffs 0-0-0* don't know what u talking about. I think 0-0-0 would win hands down. Me nominate 0-0-0-
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

mainland actors and actress doesn't dubbed their voice many time whereas taiwan and HK actors actress dubbed more than mainland stars..

maybe coz of the intonation and pronunciation?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerogame
    mainland actors and actress doesn't dubbed their voice many time whereas taiwan and HK actors actress dubbed more than mainland stars..

maybe coz of the intonation and pronunciation?
    i tot it's meant to be the other way round
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    Private Fearless you are delusional again. You said Sparky sounds like a dog's name. I merely brought this to light what you really implied by that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    *stuffs 0-0-0* don't know what u talking about. I think 0-0-0 would win hands down. Me nominate 0-0-0-
    oh this is a tough one - who has the better voice, Sugar or 0-0-0?
    0-0-0 has a really pleasant voice for a young kid, while Sugar has an american accent...