Thread: Kau Mor Tze's inner power - no hope of recovery, or just extremely difficult?

Default Kau Mor Tze's inner power - no hope of recovery, or just extremely difficult?

After Kau Mor Tze lost his inner power to a fire deviation in DGSD, he resolved to never practice martial arts again. His reasons were twofold: 1). he'd gained an epiphany through his near-death experience and became enlightened, and was therefore no longer interested in martial arts, and 2). it would be either impossible or extremely difficult to rebuild his inner power back to its previous level.

So was it impossible, or just extremely difficult? Was his system so messed up that he could never hope to regain his inner power no matter what kind of divine martial art fell into his lap or how hard he trained, or was it just extremely difficult considering he would have to start over from scratch and rebuild what had taken him decades to build up in the first place (decades he no longer had ahead of him due to his age)?

I think it depends on the state of his meridians, channels, etc. and if the new inner power practice has a means of repairing the previous damage.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

he was only fifty, and he has already gained great insight into the hights of inner power training, so his progress would be faster then before. ZWJ gained great inner power in about five yeass of training advaced 9yang inner power. JMZ should be able to regain his inner power in at least ten yrs time.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

The answer to this question is really a matter of my favourite term round here - 'Plot Device'.

Its just a matter of what the author wants. He can have JMZ rebuild it slowly, or have the usual 'Wuxia Freak Accident' where JMZ actually gets X times his orignal power because his pathways were 'cleared' and how the empty ocean absorbs water more easily yadda yadda.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

North Beggar Hung 7 Gung was kind of in the same boat as Kau Mor Tze after being injured by West Poison Au Yeung Fung. The 9 Yum Jen Ging enabled Hung 7 Gung to fully recover in two years time. If Kau Mor Tze had the 9 Yum Jen Ging or the 9 Yeung Jen Ging, could he conceivably rebuild his inner power to its original level (or perhaps even higher) within a few years?

Well, a couple differences. The major one is that IIRC Duan Yu actually fully absorbed Jiu Mozhi's internal energy (I'm surprised no one mentioned it). That's different from suffering some wounds.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Well, a couple differences. The major one is that IIRC Duan Yu actually fully absorbed Jiu Mozhi's internal energy (I'm surprised no one mentioned it). That's different from suffering some wounds.
    Cheung Mo Gei was able to go from virtually nothing to Greats-level in the span of five years using the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. Hypothetically, the same could work for Kau Mor Tze, couldn't it? Unless some kind of physiological mechanism necessary for inner power generation/storage was irreparably damaged in Kau Mor Tze's body, it probably should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Cheung Mo Gei was able to go from virtually nothing in the span of five years using the 9 Yeung Jen Ging. Hypothetically, the same could work for Kau Mor Tze, couldn't it? Unless some kind of physiological mechanism necessary for inner power generation/storage was irreparably damaged in Kau Mor Tze's body, it probably should work.
    Hypothetically, it's possible. However, it'd be much the same as with anyone else learning 9Yang. However, I do have one caveat; as we could see in XAJH, people who have had their internal energy 'fully absorbed', a la Hei Baizi by LHC, seem to suffer major health problems, to the point where RWX didn't even find Hei Baizi worth keeping alive. So it's possible that JMZ was actually physically damaged due to having ALL of his internal energy sucked out of him.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

The following are just some general observations.

When Jiumozhi's power got absorbed, he didn't seem to suffer any major health complication, Seeing how he just got up and climbed a well and all, which means his internal energy wasn't "life energy" -- the kind that you die from if gone (i.e. Xiaoyao Pai elders).

Since it isn't life energy, then it can be cultivated again. In fact, is his case even different from somebody who just exhausted a lot of internal energy?

People like Yideng and Zuo Lengchan werre exhausted and could barely make a gesture after they transmitted massive internal energy. On the other hand, Jiumozhi seemed perfectly fine after he lost it all. So if he REALLY wanted to gain it back, I say it definitely wouldn't be more than Yideng's estimated 5 years.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Didn't Duan Yu suck his energy up? I don't think he should have his energy anymore but he could always cultivate his energy back up a second time. The second time around things should be much easier since he should be very experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Didn't Duan Yu suck his energy up? I don't think he should have his energy anymore but he could always cultivate his energy back up a second time. The second time around things should be much easier since he should be very experienced.
    And if he has a shortcut such as the 9 Yeung Jen Ging or the 9 Yum Jen Ging, it might not even take as long as five years.

It would probably only have taken him 3 months to regain his inner power with 9 Yin.

There's something... just not quite right with that.

I think it's because if KMZ could recover most of his internal energy in less than a year... what if DY drained him again? That's at least 30 boost of energy there. Does this mean DY could potentially surpass XZ's level in less than 10 years if KMZ cooperates?

I think that energy draining skills does something to the capacity as well such that it's not the same as simply exhausting your energy. Of course, this is only because I tend to feel that skills have to be "balanced". Stuff like BMSG already mostly disprove that idea but I still cling.

Part of inner power cultivation is opening certain meridians in a body, he's already done all that. He just needs the time to re-acquire lost energy.