View Poll Results: The relation between GJ/YG haters n the sequence of the knowing about LOCH n ROCH.

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I knew about LOCH earlier than ROCH n I dislike YG + XLN

21 50.00%
  • I knew about ROCH earlier than LOCH n I dislike GJ + HR

9 21.43%
  • Other ideas

12 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which one did you know about earlier, LOCH or ROCH?

Quote Originally Posted by ltcuoi
    So who played the role in that version?

yeah, carman lee is the one that played XLN in the 1995 version. i don't think gong li ever played a version of XLN... and now i'm starting to question if gong li was ever in a JY series

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cbb.beelink.com.cn/20020308/lrd0002.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    YG is basically fine when i read the novel, i hate YG because ROCH is definately overrated / overplayed and did not show JY's full potential. and those emo comments about YG and XLN are getting too annoying

if you don't trust me, go visit Chinese (especially HK) JY forums, you will be disgusted by those fanboys
    That is true, YG as a character was much better in the novels. i found his thoughts rather relatable in the books, but the adaptions doesn't do him much justice since a lot of his character is inside his head (though i don't mind seeing the like of ppl such as louis koo on screen )
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

i know about ROCH before LOCH but i love GJ and HR more than YG+XLN
    i've got no idea why i really feel so but perhaps GJ and HR are more interesting to read and you can feel their love for each other. ROCH was more like a love story and YG's cry for "GuGu" was so annoying rather than romantic
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

I would have to say no. She does mostly movies doesn't she? She was in that pathetic DGSD movie with Frankie Lam and Cheung Man among others.

Actually, I like Huang Rong and Yang Guo the most (more so when they were young). I think Kwok Jing is too stupid and I think Little Dragon Girl is too boring. So in a way, I guess my actual answer is a tie if we are strictly taking Kwok Jing from LOCH only.

Come to think of it, of the HSDS couple, I only like one of the mains too. Am I the only one who likes none of the three main couples?

I only like Kwok Jing (old) and Huang Rong (not as much as when she was young) from ROCH.
    Last edited by Felix; 12-26-06 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    hehehe i was a 13 year old girl when i saw ROCH with carman. AND i thought she was BEAUTIFUL... if your story makes you perverted, what does that make me ...errrr nvm don't answer
    I agree, when I first saw the 1995 version of RoCH I thought Carmen Lee was very beautiful.

I don't remember which one I watched first, I have been watching the older version with my family since I was 3. I know that while I like both very much I happen to favour RoCH while disliking Yang Guo.
    I think that LoCH couldn't hold my interests as long as RoCH could, but I liked a lot of the characters in LoCH.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    YG and XLN are too mushy for me...GJ and HR are more of a cute couple
    So I guess I'm just different
    actually... i think most people would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Come to think of it, of the HSDS couple, I only like one of the mains too. Am I the only one who likes none of the three main couples?
    which are the three main couples?

I actually saw HSDS first, than LOCH.
    Read the novel but believe it or not, I have yet to watch an adaption of ROCH!!!
    I'm cold, wet and incredibly grouchy.

I knew about LOCH before ROCH. I saw LOCH82 first as a kid before ROCH83. I also saw LOCH94 before ROCH95. But I like Yang Guo more than Guo Jing. This doesn't mean I dislike GJ/HR though. I don't hate GJ/HR. But I like ROCH Huang Rong (old) more than LOCH Huang Rong (young). I'm neutral towards XLN. I neither like nor dislike her.

So, which story I know first does not affect my liking/disliking of the characters.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-29-06 at 06:04 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Well, so you're one of the six exceptions of my *theory* so far. ^.^
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

I knew about LOCH first and I simply loved Guo Jing and Huang Rong so much. Then when I read ROCH I found it so annoying and I hated Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu. But then DGSD is my favourite story.

i know about LOCH first and i love GJ and HR. but then when i know ROCH, i like this one much better. i love the couple YG and XLN much more.

LOCH. The movie with Fu Shen as Guo Jing. Most of you are probably too young to remember that.

I saw ROCH first, and it certainly biased me against GJ and HR (well, mostly HR). Without the relevant background info from LOCH, HR just seems conniving, paranoid and rather malicious at times in ROCH when YG is involved. With the LOCH background filled in, I can understand why she feels the way she does but first impressions tend to be difficult to change.

As for the whole GJ vs. YG, that probably has less to do with the order you've read/seen it, and more with personality type. A sort of Captain America vs. Spiderman if you will.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

i watched ROCH adaption first and read the asipic comic version first. then the novel translation. LOCh later but i don;t hate any of the characters, but Yg and XLN are my favorite.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

i think i saw ROCH (Andy's version) first before any others when i was super young, so i don't remember much about his version. Then came LOCH 94, then ROCH 95,98 and recently LOCH 82. I don't hate any of them but I find myself simply liking GJ and HR (young or old) more.

I knew about ROCH first - the Singapore version starring Christopher Lee. But I like the couples in both ROCH and LOCH equally. I couldn't pick one over the other.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I heard of, watched, and read ROCH first, but found XLN to be annoying as hell. I read and watched LOCH after, and really liked GJ and HR.