10 28.57%
  • Same level as Little Dragon Girl

11 31.43%
  • Smae level as He Zhu Dao

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Strong is Guo Xiang???

Default How Strong is Guo Xiang???

Due to the craziness of YG fanboys, most of this forum only knows that Guo Xiang is an emo young girl who's in love with YG

But Guo Xiang is actually the founder of the Er Mei School, a school that's after Wu Dang, Shaolin, and it's ranked higher than Kwun Lun

Guo Xiang's martial art is vast at the beginning of HSDS, and he also chieved 1/3 of 9 Yang, you can imagine how strong she can be when she grew up

So actually, how strong is she???
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

IMO, she is superior to a LOCH Great and equal to a pre-16-year-ROCH-Great.
    But in your list that choice doesn't appear so I had to choose the 2nd choice: LOCH Greats.
    Guo Xiang is very intelligent so she would most likely have been as powerful as Zhang Sanfeng if she had spent most time for meditating instead of finding n dreaming about her Yang da ge.
    Such a pity.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 12-25-06 at 11:29 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

QQR level in LOCH.
    Weaker than XLN
    Jack of all trades doesn't make one all mighty.

Judging by their legacy, it seems that by the end of HSDS, Shaolin's Kong generation monks, Wudang's 7 heroes, and Emei's Nun Miejue all reached similar level in martial arts, with Abbot Kongwen slightly ahead of the other 2 schools. In my humble opinion, This suggests that Damo =~ Zhang Sanfeng =~ Guo Xiang.

Same level as He Zudao? Impossible IMO. He Zudao possesses roughly equal internal power as 16 year old Zhang Sanfeng, which means Post-116 year old Zhang Sanfeng probably =~ 4x He Zudao. So do we think that Wudang founder Zhang Sanfeng =~ 4x Emei founder Guo Xiang, when the 2 schools have roughly equal reputation and same level of successors?
    Last edited by PJ; 12-25-06 at 10:25 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I like to believe that by the time she founded E'mei, Guo Xiang is on the level of the Greats, considering E'mei is up there behind Shaolin and Wudang.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

I vote more or less equal to ZSF at same ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    I vote more or less equal to ZSF at same ages.
    I agree, thus I voted about the same as ZSF....though the answer is quite misleading, seeing how ZSF lived more than 1/2 century longer than dear GX...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Between Xiao Long Nu and God.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

I never think she's stronger than Lin Chaoying..

OT: To think about it, if GX is so "GREAT", why not her disciple Fengling, grand-disciple Miejue and then grand-grand disciple ZZR?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    OT: To think about it, if GX is so "GREAT", why not her disciple Fengling, grand-disciple Miejue and then grand-grand disciple ZZR?
    Great martial artists don't always produce great students. South Emperor 1 Deng had four students: which of them reached Greats level? East Heretic Wong Yerk See had multiple students: granted, he sabotaged them and himself by crippling their legs, but even if he hadn't, were any of them on the path to Greathood? Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Cheung 3 Fung each had seven students...none of whom became a Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Great martial artists don't always produce great students. South Emperor 1 Deng had four students: which of them reached Greats level? East Heretic Wong Yerk See had multiple students: granted, he sabotaged them and himself by crippling their legs, but even if he hadn't, were any of them on the path to Greathood? Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Cheung 3 Fung each had seven students...none of whom became a Great.
    Good point, Ken. I am not sure on the skill levels of Guoxiang's successor, Fengling. But it seems to me that those disciples you mention are of higher skill levels than Miejue and (initial) ZZR.

I may be misremembering Zhang Sanfeng's fight with He Zudao, but without any real training he seemed to perform at least as well as Guo Xiang in her fight with the monk Wuse while she presumably had a few years of instruction.

She definitely put up more of an actual fight in knowing actual stances but Wuse could easily subdue her any time he wanted and only wanted to see her skills. He Zudao looked like he had a bit more trouble than Wuse, making me think ZSF is naturally (much even) more talented than GX and I personally think she did not reach Greats level.

Let's not forget Huang Rong had a similar fight in LOCH with the Jin mercenaries, was always able to learn most skills instantly, but in the end she did not reach near Greats level. Like mother like daughter maybe?
    Last edited by tape; 10-04-18 at 11:18 PM.

Well but YG once say she's can reach YD level "someday" when she get "old" which I think she have a potentiality to be one of "Greats" though not ROCH Greats level IMHO (only Wuji/Zhang The Man reach this stage) but at least she is at LOCH Greats level (same like Lin Chaoying)..

before estimate her level, lets guess she passed away at what age , so we can estimate how long she had been training in martial arts. did Mie Jue ever saw or met Guo Xiang? if not , then guo xiang died at very young age, younger than common people, then her martial arts should not that peak yet

Perhaps around 60s and if I'am not forget she become nun and build Emei at age 40s..
    Bedewei I highly doubt Mie Jue ever met her

Given YG mentioning she'd probably reached YD's level someday (I'd guess YG would be a good person on who can reach the GREAT level...), I'd guess she hit Great level at some point.

Tangentially, Z3F had to have hit the Great level before he hit 100... I'd guess in his 40-50s given he is a genius.

Tangential point 2, given YG's legacy being YDL, I'd also guess she is also at that level (also given full mastery of 9yin).

Sorry for pouring cold water. To me, GX's level may match her mum, HR.
    Actually what skills do Guo Xiang have? From family side, parts of Nine Yang, Golden Wheel Monk (did he impart her anything in the end?)? Is it mentioned anywhere some great fights by GX to show her "greatness"?

I think it's relevant to explore how old Gwok Seung was when she passed away. She had talent. She had access to advanced martial arts techniques. What she might not have had much of, however, was time. By the time that HSDS proper begins, approximately 74 years after 19-year-old Gwok Seung's notorious visit to the Shaolin Temple, two succeeding Ngor Mei Sect Leaders (Fung Ling and Mit Jeut) had served. My impression is that Gwok Seung had been dead for decades by the time HSDS proper begins, which would give her limited time to develop into a Greats-level martial artist.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Sorry for pouring cold water. To me, GX's level may match her mum, HR.
    Actually what skills do Guo Xiang have? From family side, parts of Nine Yang, Golden Wheel Monk (did he impart her anything in the end?)? Is it mentioned anywhere some great fights by GX to show her "greatness"?
    I'd like to think GX matched closer to her granddad than HR. HR didn't really seem to focus on martial arts really.

GX founded emei so must have..