Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tokyo Juliet

Was Wu Zun's voice dubbed over in Tokyo Juliet?

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    Was Wu Zun's voice dubbed over in Tokyo Juliet?
    i don't think taiwanese idol dramas are ever dubbed
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i don't think taiwanese idol dramas are ever dubbed
    Hmm, i was wondering because i read somewhere that Wu Zun was dubbed over since he hard a time saying complex phrases in Mandarin.

Wu Zun's voice was dubbed in TJ. I believe it was done by one of the actors in Love Contract. But in his new drama they used his real voice.

It's really bad. Actually, I think I'm biased against Ariel because she's paired up with Wu Zun; but honestly, I have no clue how that chubby looking actress can match up to him.

The acting is average all around and the plot is shallow and quite ridiculous, but the music is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticlady83
    Wu Zun's voice was dubbed in TJ. I believe it was done by one of the actors in Love Contract. But in his new drama they used his real voice.
    Okay, here's a little trivia regarding Wu Zun's dubbed voice. His voice was dubbed by Julian Yang Shi Xuan, an actor. I didn't see Love Contract listed for Julian though.

And here is a pic of Julian Yang:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3898/yangshixuan1232a83jv7.jpg')
    Credits: DramaWiki

goodness LOL don't watch it!!! Im watching it right now.. and its moving soooo fast ... im on ep 2 and they've already spent half an hour going through flashbacks... AND ariel stripped for the main guy ... and now im on ep 4, and they're misunderstanding each other -- and the poor guy's family is so screwed up.. I HATE THE DAD lol.. just don't watch it unless you like this kind of storyline, i don't think its ariel's best work

why's he hiding in there? perve.

Okay, here's a little trivia regarding Wu Zun's dubbed voice. His voice was dubbed by Julian Yang Shi Xuan, an actor. I didn't see Love Contract listed for Julian though.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3898/yangshixuan1232a83jv7.jpg')
    omg beany!!! JULIAN dubbed wuzun's voice in tj? i love julian!!! he's like one of the best new actors in taiwan entertainment industry these days he rocked in bump off lover 17
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    omg beany!!! JULIAN dubbed wuzun's voice in tj? i love julian!!! he's like one of the best new actors in taiwan entertainment industry these days he rocked in bump off lover 17
    Oh really? Was he the main character in Bump Off Lover 17? I don't remember reading that series in his DramaWiki section.

I downloaded the entire Tokyo Juliet series but haven't watched it yet. It seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on this series. Hmm, now i'm not sure when i'm going to watch this.

Oh really? Was he the main character in Bump Off Lover 17? I don't remember reading that series in his DramaWiki section.

I downloaded the entire Tokyo Juliet series but haven't watched it yet. It seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on this series. Hmm, now i'm not sure when i'm going to watch this.

yep he is a main char in bump off lover 17, but he was a baddie, but he was very very good at it try watchng bump 17, its a different drama, one of the best side by side w dou yu imo
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    yep he is a main char in bump off lover 17, but he was a baddie, but he was very very good at it try watchng bump 17, its a different drama, one of the best side by side w dou yu imo
    Oh okay, thanks. I just saw someone say that it's a mystery series. I might have to check it out some time.

Oh okay, thanks. I just saw someone say that it's a mystery series. I might have to check it out some time.

it is i liked it a lot hope u will too
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

whoa! i wished i read this tread before i started watching it.
    it kinda sucks. -_-;; im on ep2 and i have no idea whats going on bc theres so may charcters. what a waste of time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa
    whoa! i wished i read this tread before i started watching it.
    it kinda sucks. -_-;; im on ep2 and i have no idea whats going on bc theres so may charcters. what a waste of time lol.

yea...i hate series with too many characters especially when they end up not being able to properly develop each character's character...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post

the dubber looks quite cute ... Is he an actor too ??

Quote Originally Posted by perfectrose View Post
    the dubber looks quite cute ... Is he an actor too ??
    Yes, he is. DramaWiki lists the following series that Julian Yang's been in:

Chu, Chu, My Daddy
    Bump Off Lover
    Snow Angel
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by sha*sha View Post
    goodness LOL don't watch it!!! Im watching it right now.. and its moving soooo fast ... im on ep 2 and they've already spent half an hour going through flashbacks... AND ariel stripped for the main guy ... and now im on ep 4, and they're misunderstanding each other -- and the poor guy's family is so screwed up.. I HATE THE DAD lol.. just don't watch it unless you like this kind of storyline, i don't think its ariel's best work
    yah... i gave up the show after watching a few episodes... just skipped to the middle and then to the last few episodes... knew how the storyline would go as i read the Jap manga before...

I don't think Taiwan did a good adaptation for this manga... the plot just goes back and forth... the couple breaks up, gets back together, breaks up again... and ariel's character just keeps going on and on about her stolen ideas etc...

It was a pity, as the manga was good, and I was actually looking forward to the show, but it turned out to be a disappointment...