Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If wuxia girls were just like modern girls

Default If wuxia girls were just like modern girls

If wuxia girls were just like modern girls in everyway, would the lives of wuxia men be more miserable or less? Would the wuxia heroes have won the hearts of the females?

perhaps you'd like to point out the differences between wuxia & modern girls first?
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

*Sings*

I wish they all could be wu-xia GIIIIIRLLLLS!

I just might have to write a song parody...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    *Sings*

Don't we all

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver
    perhaps you'd like to point out the differences between wuxia & modern girls first?
    Wuxia girls are very devoted to their love, and almost all will only love once in their life time. Modern girls will go through many relationships.

Wuxia girls don't care much for material things nor wealth, being with their lover is all that matters. Modern girls will care about the guy's financial status.

Wuxia girls are strong and can protect themselves and are not afraid to sacrafice their life. Modern girls are more helpless in this respects.

Wuxia girls are generally more supportive of their husband or lover. Modern girls tend to argue with their mates.

Wuxia girls tend to fall in love with the nice guy. Modern girls tend to fall for the badboy.

that's just some of the differences...

One more:

Wuxia girls tend to be perfectly straight. Modern girls are more into...experiments.

In general, I have to objectively agree that wuxia girls are much better than modern girls, but for the above reason alone and my selfishness, I have to vote for modern girls.

If wuxia girls were like modern girls, our heroes would be f'ed sideways.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    In general, I have to objectively agree that wuxia girls are much better than modern girls, but for the above reason alone and my selfishness, I have to vote for modern girls.
    Candy just have to vote for herself, no?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The women of Gu Long's universe would beg to differ.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    If wuxia girls were just like modern girls in everyway, would the lives of wuxia men be more miserable or less? Would the wuxia heroes have won the hearts of the females?
    Wei Xiao Bao, Yang Xiao, Wan Chi Ping, Jiang Yu Lang will be getting heavy lawsuits against them for rape.

But then again, just like modern world, a lot of times, rapes are not reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    *Sings*

I just might have to write a song parody...
    Oh, duh, Beach Boys parody, lol. Should have guessed with you being a BB fan and all. BB and Beatles fan right? Heavily influenced by parents huh? Oops, off topic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    Wuxia girls are very devoted to their love, and almost all will only love once in their life time. Modern girls will go through many relationships.

Wuxia girls don't care much for material things nor wealth, being with their lover is all that matters. Modern girls will care about the guy's financial status.

Wuxia girls are strong and can protect themselves and are not afraid to sacrafice their life. Modern girls are more helpless in this respects.

Wuxia girls are generally more supportive of their husband or lover. Modern girls tend to argue with their mates.

Wuxia girls tend to fall in love with the nice guy. Modern girls tend to fall for the badboy.

Umm, Xiao Feng is a killer. Duan Yu is a stalker. Wei Xiao Bao is a rapist. LHC is a drunkard. Not too sure about being nice.

Duan Yu is the ultimate bad boy. He shoots at people (6MSJ), he steals (BMSJ), and what does he do best when he is in trouble, runs away.

I say Ah Zi would be perfect for the modern girls. She hangs around the wrong crowd, always get into trouble, tortures a guy for falling in love with her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    One more:

Wuxia girls tend to be perfectly straight. Modern girls are more into...experiments.

i vote for modern girls too

Borrowing from the Wuxia Quotes thread, here's what a classic wuxia girl is like:

Guo Jing raised a glass to this Fan Zhongyan quote, from 'She Diao' Chapter 26:

"Be first under heaven to worry, and last under heaven to rejoice."

Huang Rong, demonstrating how differently she thinks, responded: "I don't care whether there's worry or joy under heaven. If you aren't by my side, I'm never going to be joyful."
    A modern girl wouldn't be caught saying that, even if it costed her a few hundred years of her life (and believe me huli jing has millennia to throw around). That scenario in the modern world would have the genders switched and the guy raising his credit card or bank statement instead of a wine cup, i.e:

Modern-HR:

"Be first under heaven to worry, and last under heaven to rejoice."

And by that, of course she's referring to the latest presents her man buys her, i.e it's never good enough.

Modern-GJ, demonstrating how differently he thinks to your average bloke who isn't getting any, responded while raising his credit card to pay for her latest shopping extravaganza: "I don't care whether there's worry or joy under heaven. If you aren't by my side, I'm never going to be joyful." Sucker.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Duan Yu is the ultimate bad boy. He shoots at people (6MSJ), he steals (BMSJ)
    I can tell you that no girl wants a boy (bad or not) who cannot control his gun and sucks off randoms. The run away part is more out of performance anxiety than the bad boy's stereotype of dodging responsibility.

If wuxia girls were like modern girls, that would be horribly sad.

I can't imagine Xiao Long Nu, Cheng Ying, or anyone else being so... Well. I guess it depends on how you see modern girls and what part of the world you're in. If they were to act like the stereo-typical American girl, meaning everywhere else in the world sees them as "loose" and really rude, I can't really imagine.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    If wuxia girls were like modern girls, that would be horribly sad.

I can't imagine Xiao Long Nu, Cheng Ying, or anyone else being so... Well. I guess it depends on how you see modern girls and what part of the world you're in. If they were to act like the stereo-typical American girl, meaning everywhere else in the world sees them as "loose" and really rude, I can't really imagine.
    The irony of this statement is that a number of wuxia girls probably actually resemble modern girls more than the "average" ancient Chinese girl ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Umm, Xiao Feng is a killer. Duan Yu is a stalker. Wei Xiao Bao is a rapist. LHC is a drunkard. Not too sure about being nice.

Duan Yu is the ultimate bad boy. He shoots at people (6MSJ), he steals (BMSJ), and what does he do best when he is in trouble, runs away.

I say Ah Zi would be perfect for the modern girls. She hangs around the wrong crowd, always get into trouble, tortures a guy for falling in love with her looks.
    Love this answer.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Love this answer.
    Why thanks. Even though it came 18 months after the fact, this might be one of the very few compliments I had at this forum.

Next time you sleep, sweet dreams Kidd, hope you dream of Hua Man Lau...

It's the similarity function, I'm telling you. There will be plenty of threads that will be revived from the dead soon.

If wuxia girls were just like modern girls, a good number of our protagonists would probably be jailed for statutory rape. Most of the wuxia girls, especially Jin Yong ones, are usually what...15, 16?

16 is fair game where I live.