Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rise of the White Warrior

what about the man that followed Siu Lan? Did she not realized? You should a part of how she noticed but kept silent or maybe I've missed it xD Ming Hei saw Mei Yin when Siu Lan giggled. He's still thinking about her. The rich family moving in, is it Myolie's or Samuel's? I have a feeling that Lawng Fan had a relationships with Yi Ting. Maybe he's her old lover or possibly Siu Lan's father or maybe there's enmity between them. Update soon
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

btw, i dont dislike Ming Hei as much anymore wonder when Nancy will appear along with Myolie & Samuel and Ming Hei's sidekick

two comments! thanks babiadorkable. i just felt like i had to reply to it once i saw it. xD

what about the man that followed Siu Lan? Did she not realized?
    <-- you'll see in the next chapter... she didnt notice for a purpose. =D

and who's moving in and what's with lawng fan and yi ting? =) we'll see it all in the next chapter and the one after it.. u almost read my mind for almost everything... xD lets see if u are right. hehe... thanks for commenting so often. =D
    s.imple desires <-- click!

BTW, when you finish editing VOD. If i wont be online, can you email it to me? Do you think we should add more on the battle between Er Lang Shen and Sheh Bai Ying?

oh yeah, a new idea just came up for the story that i'll write as a se-sequel to this one XD I think I might have dragon-phoenix twin but not sure yet xD lols

Your story is realy good Kaiyi, I don't think you need encouragement for the work you are doing but instead appreciation.

Please keep doing the good work.

babiadorkable - i'll try to get it done asap. i hope by friday night since my finals are this wednesday-friday. vod lacks battle scenes... haha.. maybe we should add some. i'll email u later when with i finish editing. =) and dragon-phoenix twin as in... a girl and a boy? sounds like devil's discipline with sharon and bosco as of now.. hehe.. tell me more about them later =D

Spidey - thanks! =D next update will probably be this weekend.. once finals are outta the way. =) ur comment is greatly appreciated spidey!

haha its okay take your time yeah it does. you can add more action to the part where wei yan come in if you want. if you;re not going to. perhaps i'll add it later don't worry it'll be verrry veryyy different from DD and i might not even have any twins at all. xD i'm not sure yet. I have the plot somewhat in mind but still very vague...

CHAPTER 13: The Piecing of the Past

Characters:
    Mok Ming Hei - Benny Chan
    Tong Siu Lan - Leila Tong
    Tong Yi Ting

`

So they all sat down at the table. Yi Ting stared at their eager faces and took a deep breathe. Then, she began her story.

“A long time ago, there was a powerful sect known as the Flying Dragon ( 飞龙派 Fei Long Zai ), the sect where our family’s Hing Gong originated from. Our Hing Gong was the Flying Dragon Sect’s prominent way of traveling, popularly known as ‘Extreme Sudden’ ( Fei Seung Duk Yin 非常突然 ). It is titled because of its speed and power. At its utmost level—level 5—one will not even be able to notice or see the person when they glide by your side. You will not even feel the breeze or feel the momentum of them passing by once one mastered it fully. It will be as if they were in another dimension that one can’t see or hear.”

“What is the Flying Dragon Sect? How come you have never mentioned it to me before when you taught me about the different sects and clans of the martial world?” asked Siu Lan.

“It does not exist anymore, and I had no intention to spoil your childhood with my past. Let’s start from the top. It was the sect of our family, and I was the daughter of the Flying Dragon Sect’s leader, your grandfather. Our sect only survived three generations before it was destroyed, for it was founded by my great-grandfather, your great-great-grandfather. His family was killed when a band of thieves robbed their house that dwelled within a forest, and he was the sole survivor. He became an orphan who lived by pilfering from others. Almost every time he got caught, for he was still a child. Therefore, he learned to run faster and faster each and every time he got chased. In the meantime, he has always admired those martial artists that fly in the fly. As time passed and with the help of random beggars somewhat skilled in this field, he brought the uprising of the ‘Extreme Sudden’ after years and years of thinking, errors, and pain. Slowly, the Flying Dragon Sect came to formation as others admired his ability. At the beginning of its formation, some people even called it the Orphan’s Sect, since your great-great-grandfather was an orphan, and many of the sect members to follow them were too. Within time, the sect grew, with every member bearing a tattoo of a golden dragon on their right arm.”

Yi Ting lifted up her own sleeve, revealing the gold and exquisitely designed tattoo of a dragon with emerald eyes imprinted on her upper right arm, and continued with her story, “It started out small, but as soon as my father took over as the sect leader after my grandfather deceased, the amount of members increased dramatically. Starting with a sect of less then 10 members, it became a sect of over 400 that seated itself in the top eight sects at that time.

“Remember when I told you a little about the four beauties of the martial world at my time? Out of those four during my time, only one’s name remains on the list—Bak Sing Ping of the White Cloud Sect. She may be in her early 40s, but one would never know that unless they ask, for she looks as if she is in her late twenties at most. No one knows how she does it.

“The second beauty on that list is your mother Ming Hei, Ling Seung ( 泠嫦 ). No one knows where she is right now. No one knows if she still lives, but her beauty has attracted many people to attempt to join her family’s sect, the River Proper Sect ( Gong Ah Moon 江雅门 ). This sect still lives today, but they declared that they no longer have any relationships with Ling Seung or the White Warrior after their escape from Ling Seung’s brother and his demand for the Ching Sum Kuet.

“The third beauty is a woman named Choy Ching Ting ( 蔡蜻蜓 ). She was an elegant lady famous for her soothing yet treacherous songs that she plays upon her precious wooden flute. She and Bak Sing Ping were very close, and they often get together with each other as they examined each other’s martial arts and stories that they have experienced. The beauty of this woman’s music was indescribable. Ming Hei, people said that if your father and she met, they would be the perfect couple, but whether it’s predestined for good or bad, they never did. She in fact, fell in love with another hero of the martial world. Once they met, both of them stepped out of the martial world and news about them perished ever since.

“Now, the fourth beauty at my time was me.”

“YOU mother?” asked Siu Lan as her and Ming Hei’s eyes widened in revelation.

“Yes. You can’t believe it now, can you? Time changes everything, and I look very different from how I used to, but I used to hold a very beautiful face, just like yours,” said Yi Ting as she touched her daughter’s cheeks. “My father used to joke around saying that I attracted people to join the Flying Dragon Sect just like Ling Seung did, but I am not comparable to your mother at all. I have not seen her, but the way your father used to describe her was phenomenal.

“Our sect was well known throughout the world at that time. Every member was taught the five levels of the Extreme Sudden along with the five levels of the Flying Dragon Manual, a mainly defensive martial art that attacks the opponent’s weakest spot at their weakest and most unaware moments with small metal chains and daggers. Maybe that’s one reason for your pettiness, Siu Lan.” Yi Ting chuckled at her daughter.

“Our sect had quite a name in the martial world for quite some time, for it was one of the top eight sects of our time—along with Ling Seung’s River Proper Sect, Bak Sing Ping’s White Cloud Sect, and the Monkey Clan. Then there was this one day that changed my life, and that was the day when I met your father. He was an orphan when my father and I saw him. I was only 5 and he was 7. We saw a child who was unconscious along the road when my father and I headed home from a meeting of the martial world that was held ever year. I told my father to bring him with us on our way. My father did as I asked him and he became the best student of my father. His talent was so extraordinary and his personality just held that power that my father and I both admired greatly, therefore he was treated as if he was my father’s son. We practiced our martial arts together and slowly, our feelings developed. My father observed our connections easily and was very supportive of us two.

“It was the meeting of the martial world when I was 19 years old that destroyed almost everything. At the meeting, another sect has just recently gained the title as one of the top eight sects—the Monkey Clan. I rarely attend these meetings, but my curiosity about them every three of four years builds up, causing me to travel with my father, and I was the only child who attends as always. However, this was the first meeting for the Monkey Clan, who brought their son along with them. My father could tell that their son was watching me the whole time, but I did not notice, since I was busy eating the melon seeds given on the table. After the meeting, his father came up to mine and greeted him. That son of his was Tit Lawng Fan, the man whom you stepped in the path of while you went gathering silver orchids. His father noticed the way he looked at me, and he asked if my father would like to marry me to their clan, so the two group’s relationship will be better. Of course, my father knew who really was in my heart and rejected their offer. Even if my father agreed, the significance of the small clan who just entered the top eight is of no significance. Then that was it. During the few days that we stayed after the meeting, Lawng Fan tried to impress me, but none of his tricks worked. Sure it got us to have a few exchange of words, but all that was within me was your father. I remembered that his last trick was a single strange flower, the silver orchid. I thought that it was beautiful and kept it for myself. Lawng Fan thought that he had a chance and asked me once again, but I declined him again. Once we reached home I showed your father that flower. Seeing how much I loved this color and glittering of the flower, he planted it all over a field with the seeds of that single flower, with the size of the bundle growing more and more each and every year. And that my child, is the valley that we visit yearly. That field became the symbol of your father and me ever since. Every time I go there, it seems like your father is standing right besides me.

“I never saw Lawng Fan ever again until the celebration of the Flying Dragon Sect’s 80th year of existence. Every member of our sect from our three different locations gathered on that one day of every ten years where we celebrate our doings with exquisite wine and food, and that one day where our sect is the less aware of everything. However, my husband and I weren’t in the main dining room that night. We were outside observing the moon and spending our time together while my father welcomed our guest. Everyone was drinking a lot and was all drunk. Soon, they fainted upon the table tops. Sadly, they never woke up, for the Monkey Clan sent someone within our sect and wiped every single wine cup with poison. This was their revenge against my father rejecting for their son to become his son-in-law. That night, the Monkey Clan brought a whole army to our clan and killed the few that didn’t consume the wine and was still alive. My husband and I ran for our lives and fought our way out. As soon as we reached the door, there stood Lawng Fan with his ax in hand and retaliation glistening within his eyes. Suddenly, the way he looked at us changed. He told us to leave. We do not know his reason, but we cared less at that moment. That was the last day for the survival of the Flying Dragon Sect, which was poisoned to death by the Monkey Clan. Everyone in the martial world believed that ever member of the Flying Dragon Sect is dead and that the ‘Extreme Sudden’ has been extinct ever since. From that point in time, the power of the Monkey Clan greatly declined, for the rest of the martial world despised them for such lowly acts, and within two years, they were no longer part of the top eight. But for all I care now, no one knows, and should know, that you and I only the last ones alive, Siu Lan. Understand?”

“Yes, mother. I do,” answered Siu Lan.

“I—I’m sorry Tong Ma,” apologized Ming Hei for bringing back her past.

“Your family has your own story that I know of, and now you know ours. The dragon tattoo of the Flying Dragon sect will always remain on my arm for the rest of my life and symbolize the past. Both of our family’s history should not ever be revealed to the martial world, or the trouble we will go trough will increase, for it is that I do not have the sect power to protect our martial art, and neither do you. The Ching Sum Kuet and the Extreme Sudden are both prominent martial arts of the martial world and will never be replaced or deceased,” said Yi Ting.

“But the martial world already knows of Ming Hei’s existence and him as the successor of the White Warrior, like the Monkey Clan. Chan Gwok Ho’s murder of his family and search for him has spread quickly in the martial world,” said Siu Lan.

“Things do spread quickly out there. Be glad that no one knows what you look like yet, but with your darling face, people will soon realize. As long as you can suppress yourself from releasing the utmost levels of the Ching Sum Kuet, you should be fine for quite a while,” said Yi Ting. Ming Hei nodded as he thought. He needed to gain a name in the martial world, for that was his last promise to Mei Yin, and with her gone, he had an urge that this promise must be completed. Before he could do that though, what that was need was to perfect his martial arts to level 9. Then, he wouldn’t need to be afraid of being known in the martial world, but he didn’t want to. He wanted Mei Yin to be the one and only one within him, but he knew that couldn’t happen, for he himself felt that slight connection between him and Siu Lan. Even if he wouldn’t admit it, he knows of its existence.

“Siu Lan, can I speak to you for a moment?” Yi Ting walked into her room and Siu Lan followed as she closed the sound proof doors behind her, leaving Ming Hei alone out in the main room and thinking.

“What is it mother?” Siu Lan sat down besides her.

“Did you tell Ming Hei that Mei Yin is dead?”

“What? I—I—Mother—”

“Why are you lying to him?”

“Mother, I can’t bear seeing him so say like that anymore! He has to move on! There is hardly any chance that he’ll see her again!”

“But that does NOT give you the right to tell him that she’s dead when she’s still alive out there.”

“If I never did, he wouldn’t be as happy as he is now.”

“He deserves to know that she’s still alive.”

“Then we can deal with that later. Do you know how I feel each and every moment I see him stuck in that corner with those sad and hopeless eyes? Do you know how it hurts me more than it hurts him seeing him like that? I just want him to be happy.”

“Siu Lan—”

“Mother, his father wanted him to be safe. To be safe, we are to protect him here, on this mountain. If he’s going to spend half of his life here, then why tell him about Mei Yin’s real destination if he’ll never see her anyway? It’ll just bring melancholy to his soul. Ming Hei needs to move on; he knows that it’s not possible for them to be together. Just let this one go mother, please…”

“Then what reason do you give me for you to do this?”

“Because I love him…”

Yi Ting sighed as she stepped out the door.
    Last edited by kaiyi; 06-08-07 at 11:05 PM.

"People said that if your father and she met, they would be the perfect couple, but whether it’s predestined for good or bad, they never did." --is she talking about Siu Lang's dad or Ming Hei's dad?

And i checked back in the first book in winglin. Bak Sing Ping will be played by Ada Choi? I think she'll fit the part I bet there'll be a new four beauties and they're all going to fall in love with Ming Hei c[= hahah

So i guess Lawng Fan is good huh?

I wonder what Raymond's role in the future will be like. I hope he'll fall in love with Mei Yin c[= oohh maybe u can add a role for Hu Ge (a young(younger than Benny and the rest) sophisicated (or playful) heroic kinda guy(a beggar/rascal on the street would work too) [; and Jimmy Lin (a flute playing cutie/a player?) c[=

fixed that mistake. =) thanks! he's talking about Ming He's dad. ada's eyes are gorgeous, and she will fit this role perfectly! =D i hope.. hmm.. is lawng fan really that good? let's see in this chapter... and those extra roles? hehe.. u can imagine them as the unassigned characters maybe.. =) maybe they'll be added if i can somehow fit jimmy and hu ge in, but i'd hate to give them such a small part. xD

`

CHAPTER 14: The Power of Revitalization

Characters:
    Tong Yi Ting
    Tit Lawng Fan
    Fong Ying Fung

`

The next day, the golden afternoon shines of the daylight that pierced through the windows woke Ming Hei up. He walked out the door and realized that Siu Lan and Yi Ting were already up and ready.

“Wow, you two are early,” said Ming Hei.

“Early? We always wake at this time. We already went out to gather our flowers too, and now we are ready to head into Luo Yang,” said Siu Lan.

“You guys really are early, too early” said Ming Hei.

“We have to in order to make a living,” said Yi Ting. “By the way, would you care to water the flowers in Siu Lan’s flower patch form her today?”

“Of course, but don’t you usually do that before you leave?” asked Ming Hei.

“I figured that you’d want something to do,” whispered Siu Lan softly. Ming Hei smiled, and nodded in reply.

“Ming Hei, what are you doing today?” asked Yi Ting.

“Nothing really…”

“Why don’t you practice your martial arts?”

“I can’t. There is no way I’ll ever be able to reach level 9.”

“There is always a way, it is just whether you’d choose to take that path of not. I’m sure that path has been waiting.” Yi Ting smiled at Siu Lan.

“Umm… the baozis are ready. Let me go get them.” Siu Lan nervously walked into the kitchen and closed the doors as she placed her ears to it, listening to their conversation.

“Ming Hei, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.”

“Yes, yes I do, Tong Ma. However—I don’t know. Just let whatever that flows flow. I don’t want to be unfaithful. I don’t want to be unable to face Mei Yin when I die.”

“I’m sure she’ll understand. If… If she really is gone, there is nothing to do about it and I’m sure she wouldn’t want to waste your time thinking of her. I’m sure she’d want you to move on, just like your father when she met your mother. Time doesn’t stop for any man, ever. You’ll just need to keep up with it instead of wasting it. Take this chance. Take the opportunity.”

“I don’t know if my feelings are true. I don’t want to hurt her if I realize I am wrong later. I don’t know what I want.”

“Well, just practice your Ching Sum Kuet. Whether you are right or wrong, whether there are improvements or not is doom to reveal the correct answer.”

Ming Hei hesitated as he thought, but he then replied, “Yes Tong Ma.”

Upon his words, Siu Lan walked out with the fresh platter of baozis and settled them on the table. After they ate, Siu Lan and Yi Ting departed, leaving Ming Hei alone in the house. Realizing the abundance of time he had on his hands, he took out the three weapons his father had left for him. And for the first time, the three weapons were able to see sunlight altogether as Ming Hei watered Siu Lan’s flowers for her in her small garden.

He didn’t know, but there was a man in black around the age of 30 who was watching him from aside the whole time. Soon, this man left and reported his findings to his master.

The strange man entered a cave with at least fifty men surrounding him. He approached a bulky man in the center of the synchronized group, bowed, and greeted, “Leader.”

“Back so soon? What are your findings?” It was Tit Lawng Fan.

“I followed them from a distant and after they walked for a little more than half a day, they reached the top of a hill,” reported the man.

“Hill? What sect did they report to?” questioned Lawng Fan.

“It wasn’t a sect at all. There was just a house where a woman at her early 40s stayed.”

“Who is she?”

“I don’t know her name. I tried to listen to their conversations within the house, but their house was soundproof. However, when they were outside, the girl called her ‘mother’ and the boy called her ‘Tong Ma’.”

“Tong Ma… That must be Tong Yi Ting! Quick! I know that you have once been educated, quickly paint a portrait of how she looked like,” commanded Lawng Fan.

“Yes leader,” replied the man. He quickly presented his skills and the face of Yi Ting appeared beautifully on the piece of papr.

“So it is Yi Ting,” said Lawng Fan as he gazed at the painting. “A smart daughter she has. Yi Ting really taught her well about how to handle situations in the martial world. She may look slightly different, but her beauty still stands. Who is this Ah Hei though?”

“There was an odd case with that boy. Once they reached home, the lady at her mid 40s—” started the man.

“Her name is Yi Ting. You should know her! You used to being to the Flying Dragon Sect!” barked Lawng Fan as he directed to his right arm with the golden dragon tattoo that was smudged with black.

“I have never seen her up close; I only joined for a year before it was wiped out,” responded the man. He then changed the topic, “I heard Yi Ting and the girl named Siu Lan called him Ming Hei, not Ah Hei.”

“Ming Hei? That’s the name of Mok Tian Hau’s son. How is that possible?”

“I---I don’t know, but after Yi Ting and Siu Lan left the house, I spotted him carrying a fan, sword, and flute to the back garden, exposing them to the sunlight as he watered for the girl. That was when I flew back here with my Hing Gong.”

“So that is where the current White Warrior has been hiding after Chan Gwok Ho’s sneak attack on their family, for only the White Warrior bear those three instruments as weapons. With his handsome little face even though he was in disguise, along with the name of Ming Hei, there is no chance that I am wrong. Now, the only question left is why he’s with Yi Ting. No matter what, we are the only sect that knows his current position. The Ching Sum Kuet, the art that all desires for everlasting power of their sect, shall come to our hands with ease,” said Lawng Fan as he clenched his fists.

“Yes leader!” bawled the clan in unison. The Monkey Clan was another one of those clans that desired the Ching Sum Kuet, for them losing their position in the martial world after the conquest of the Flying Dragon Sect was too much. Lawng Fan desired it for the restoration of their clan to be in the top eight once again, but his ultimate reason was to see Yi Ting once more. Their plan for attack was in preparation.

Back with Ming Hei, he lied at the flowerbed watching the flowers as he played his father’s flute for the first time—the flute he always desired to hold, to play, and to have.

At sundown, Yi Ting and Siu Lan returned. They walked inside the house but Ming Hei was no where to be seen.

“Ming Hei? Where are you?” wondered Siu Lan as she walked around the house.

“Maybe he’s outside,” guessed Yi Ting.

“We didn’t see him when we came out,” said Siu Lan as she peered into his bedroom. “Ming Hei? Where are you?”

“Siu Lan!” screamed Ming Hei as he jumped out from a corner and spooked her. Siu Lan shrieked as Ming Hei started laughed. Siu Lan whacked him on the chest.

“Are you tyring to scare me to death?” yelled Siu Lan as her mother smiled and walked into her own bedroom, giving them some time alone.

“No, why would I want you to die?” said Ming Hei sweetly as he smiled at her. Siu Lan couldn’t do anything but smile back. She just couldn’t get mad at him.

Seeing her smile, Ming Hei couldn’t help but realize that warm feeling he felt within him. “You know the flowerbed you have in your backyard, why are all the flowers alive and lively except for one?”

“That flower? That little one is weird; it has been like that for a long time. No matter what I do, it does not live, but I never gave up on it, and never will,” said Siu Lan sadly.

“Really? Come with me,” said Ming Hei as he dragged Siu Lan to the flowerbed.

“Where are we going?” said Siu Lan.

“You’ll see,” said Ming Hei. “Look!” He pointed to the flower that was once dead and droopy. Now, it’s beautifully standing like the other ones aside it.

Siu Lan gaped as her mouth dropped. “Why… How did you…”

“With this,” said Ming Hei as he held up his flute.

“The power of the Ching Sum Kuet?” asked Siu Lan as a cloud of confusion still stood upon her head.

“What else do you think it is? I’m not a god,” joked Ming Hei. The music released from Ming Hei’s playing of the flute had the power of revitalizing the life of the mere flower. This power of rebirth surely shows the power of the Ching Sum Kuet, the power which level 9 enclosed.

Siu Lan jumped onto him and gave him a huge hug, squeezing him tightly due to overexcitement. “Ming Hei! Did you know how much time I have used trying to cure that flower? You did it within a short time! Thank you so much.”

Ming Hei felt his heart race upon their contact, but he managed to hug back. However, this feeling he had didn’t seem to be the same feeling he had when he hugged Mei Yin.

“This afternoon, there was a crazy rainstorm that was just lasted for a short while. It looked like a formation of a tornado, but it retreated so quickly. Did you do that?” asked Siu Lan suddenly as she thought about that awkward event.

“Umm… hehe… yeah,” answered Ming Hei as he smiled in embarrassment.

“So it really was you!” said Siu Lan as he looked at him madly. “That sudden storm made mother and am, and all those other vendors, start to pack and head home because it seemed like a huge storm was coming!”

“Really?” said Ming Hei as he scratched his head and smiled in embarrassment once again.

“Siu Lan, what are you yelling about?” wondered Yi Ting as she walked out from the room.

“Mother, remember the storm this afternoon? That was Ming Hei,” said Siu Lan.

“The power of the Ching Sum Kuet really is unimaginable,” speculated Yi Ting. This boy at the age of 18 possessed such a gift from his parents. His safety would surely be threatened and extra care must be taken until he really knows the world and the people within it. Yi Ting’s concern about him is growing more and more each day. Any moment of any day, a sneak attack could be made on him. At the same time, this power of changing the weather was an aspect that level 9 withholds, therefore, Yi Ting believed that Ming Hei was also starting to feel something within him that he is not willing to admit to.

That night, Ming Hei sat in bed thinking. He wasn’t sure if he really loved Siu Lan the way he loved Mei Yin. That feeling that he has for her while she hugged him was relatively different from the feeling he had when he hugged Mei Yin. He stared at the ceiling, unable to sleep.

“Mr. Fong! Please help me,” yelled Ming Hei as he closed his eyes. He doesn’t know if the feeling he had was greatfulness or love.

A mist of fog filled the area and Ming Hei knew that Mr. Fong has entered his dream once again.

“Take a seat,” said Mr. Fong as he appeared along with a table, two chairs, and two cups of tea, with him seated and a cup in his hand.

Ming Hei sat down. “How did you know I was looking for you? I mean, I was. How did you know though?”

“Didn’t you call for me? You were like ‘Mr. Fong! Please help me!” imitated Ying Fung. “Now, I see that you are having difficulties with women?” Ying Fung took a sip of tea. Ming Hei was silent, for he was shocked at how he gathered the information.

Ying Fung Continued, “Now, you must remember that you and Mei Yin went through many, many bitter and unforgettable challenges to have your feelings developed to the point they are now. With Siu Lan, what bitter and unforgettable challenges have you surpass with her? The most bitter and unforgettable one is probably when she had her arm hurt for you when you two were fighting with the Monkey Clan.”

Ming Hei took a sip of tea as he listened in.

“Now, Mei Yin. Let’s start from the top, shall we? You met her at court, and later she thought that she had feelings for Yeung Sung and asked you to help her become a well behaved lady and you did help. There, you two started to gain feelings towards each other. Later on, you two met the injured Duen Shun and your martial arts seemed to be improving. Your dad soon found out that the girl who helped you reach level 6 was Mei Yin, and locked you up within your room for 10 days. You don’t realize what you’ve missed until you lost it. During those 10 days was when you found out about Mei Yin’s arranged marriage and when you realize the history behind your family. Once that punishment was over, was when you two confessed your love to each other. There, you took her to the river and paddled boats and she almost drowned, so you use your Ching Sum Kuet to save her, plus you found out that she has the Water Weakness Sickness. This life and death situation has improved your feelings a great deal. That was also when Mei Yin gave you your first kiss with her. After Duen Shun was healed, he quickly attacked you and Mei Yin. This was another life and death situation! Luckily, you both were okay and your father came to save you. That was when your father dragged you home and vowed to never let you see Mei Yin again. At the same time, Mei Yin’s father found out that she loved another man. Therefore, she locked her up. That was when you sneaked into their manor and helped her escape. These few nights of threats and terror greatly allowed the both of you to know the truth of each other’s love. You know what I mean Ming Hei. Then, you father found you two and you two are separated once again. Then, you attempted to save Mei Yin again. This time, your body was weak from your father’s beating on you so that you wouldn’t be able to leave the house and was captured. The pain that you suffered while Mei Yin watched them torture you was horrendous. Luckily, your father saved you and that led to the death of your parents. Am I all right?” said Ying Fung.

“Completely,” Ming Hei finally spoke.

“Well, look at all that you have been through with Mei Yin in order for your feelings to develop to the point they are now! Compared with Siu Lan, nothing seemed to have happened at all,” said Ying Fung.

“I know. Yet, I feel something towards her, but I just can’t watch myself become unfaithful. I don’t know how to face Mei Yin! Am I just grateful for Siu Lan or is it true?”

“Well, you will have to decide on that yourself. How will I know if you love someone? I’m not you!”

“I--- I don’t know.”

“Love takes time to develop. Siu Lan isn’t as straightforward or daring as Mei Yin. She is the sweeter kind of girl who is rather shy. Mei Yin’s gone for now, so take a chance and see. There is no point in you waiting for something you’ll never get ever again. Besides, sparks of level 9 is already seen in your Ching Sum Kuet. Tomorrow, you’ll find out if she really is the one tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? What will happen tomorrow?”

“You’ll find our when the time comes.” At the instant, he and everything he materialized into vanished into thin air, causing Ming Hei to fall onto the ground with the disappearance of his chair. He woke up from the dream. It was sunrise already.

heheh how about have Hu Ge as a significant guessstar like he appears for a while but his character is really interesting/heroic. i think that would be better than having him be a bigger role cus his scene would be short and memorable ^^ u should have like a mini plot with him in it. like u know jin yong's sweeper monk only appeared for a bit but so many people are discussing him in the wuxia fiction section. you should have hu ge and jimmy be those kinda character c[=

babiadorkable - i'll take that into consideration. =D maybe i'll be able to fit one/both of them in sometime... sometime.... ~.^

`

CHAPTER 15: The Revelation of the White Warrior

Characters:
    Tong Yi Ting
    Tit Lawng Fan

`

“What will happen today?” wondered Ming Hei. He pulled out his lilac bookmark and stared. “Are we really finished?”

Allowing the thought of Mei Yin to travel through his mind for a short while, Ming Hei walked out of his room and saw no one. He walked outside and saw Yi Ting and Siu Lan returning with baskets of flowers in their hands.

“Ming Hei!” said Siu Lan happily when she saw him. She gave her mother the baskets of flowers that she was holding and rushed towards Ming Hei as she carried a smile on her face. Yi Ting then walked back to the house, just to give them some time alone once again. “You’re up early today.”

“Yeah,” said Ming Hei as he returned a smile. They didn’t know what else to say. All that spoke was the beating of their hearts, which increased each and every moment that existed between them, as they gazed into each other’s eyes.

Suddenly, a sharp scream was heard from the front of the room.

“Mother!” cried Siu Lan. Ming Hei and Siu Lan quickly ran outside the house to see what happened. To their surprise, their house was surrounded with a least 50 men, with Yi Ting facing them boldly and bravely as she held daggers with a dragon carved exquisitely in between each and every finger and stared at them with hatred and vengeance coiled in her eyes. The men held axes tightly within their palms, for they were ready to attack any moment. Ming Hei and Siu Lan scanned the area and determined that they were from the Monkey Clan once they saw their tattoo and Tit Lawng Fan standing in front of the crowd. Ming Hei and Siu Lan quickly walked up to Yi Ting, standing on both of her sides.

“Mother, what is happening?” questioned Siu Lan calmly as she scanned the crowd surrounding them.

Lawng Fan laughed as he stepped out from the crowd. “Miss Siu Lan, I thought you said that your surname was not Tong. Was I wrong or was it just that you lied?” questioned Lawng Fan as if she was three.

“Tit Lawng Fan, what are you doing here today?! How on earth did you get here?!” demanded Yi Ting.

“Well, we’ll have to thanks his guy for our arrival,” said Lawng Fan as he tapped the man next to him on the shoulders, the same man that followed Siu Lan and Ming Hei.

“Who is he?” questioned Yi Ting.

“We’ll take a look!” said Lawng Fan as he pulled up the man’s sleeve, revealing a golden dragon tattoo smudged in black on his upper right arm. Yi Ting gaped, for she had thought that every member of the Flying Dragon Sect but she and Siu Lan were dead.

“Little Miss Siu Lan, you haven’t noticed have you? When you and your friend were traveling home, he followed you with his Hing Gong, and yes that Hing Gong is the “Extreme Sudden,” the martial arts of your sect!” said Lawng Fan.

“I have never seen this member of the Flying Dragon Sect,” said Yi Ting in skepticism.

“I’ve only been in the Flying Dragon for a year before it was destroyed by the Monkey Clan. Even though, I managed to learn the first three out of the five levels in the “Extreme Sudden” and the first three out of the five levels in the Flying Dragon Marital Arts during that short amount of time,” said the man.

“You traitor! How dare you step in front of the Flying Dragon Sect’s leader’s daughter and speak such rubbish!” screamed Yi Ting.

“Well, Yi Ting, don’t blame this fellow. He had no choice. If he wasn’t on our side, he would have been dead by now, but luckily he wasn’t as stupid as some others who rather die than aid our sect,” said Lawng Fan.

“So it was YOU who betrayed our sect! I knew that our sect would not be able to all be poisoned that easily!”

“Thank it all to the White Cloud Sect. Passing their three levels after sacrificing about 10 men, we were able to retrieve the poison we needed.”

“Tit Lwang Fan, I had always thought that you were a real man when you allowed my husband and I escape, but you are nothing but a cheap and dirty trickster!”

These words wounded Lawng Fan deeply, for he still had feelings for this beauty that stood right before him with vengeful eyes. “Yi Ting, I let you and your husband escape because I did not want you to die! It was my father who planned the attack! He was my father; I had to do what he told me.”

“No need to try to deny the truth. To me, you are just a fraud!”

“Do you hate me that much?” said Lawng Fan as he felt his heart crackle into many pieces.

“I don’t just hate you! I detest you for everything you have done!” yelled Yi Ting. Lawng Fan felt his heart hurting even more at the sound of these words. “What did you come here for?” demanded Yi Ting.

“If you are going to act this way, then don’t mind me for being unreasonable and merciless,” said Lawng Fan dispassionately. “I have not come to get your ‘Extreme Sudden’ and Flying Dragon Martial Art, for this man next to me already accommodated it. We only need one person with this skill of the ‘Extreme Sudden,’ for it is only needed for spying and messaging purposes. His Hing Gong is good enough for those actions. Otherwise, the ‘Extreme Sudden’ has no use.”

“How dare you insult our Hing Gong! You know nothing about it and you have to right to insult it! Spying and messaging may be all you need, but our ‘Extreme Sudden’ is not that simple!” roared Yi Ting with disgust.

“Really? Well, I’m not here for that! I’m here for,” said Lawng Fan. His finger pointed to Ming Hei, “The Ching Sum Kuet!”

Siu Lan, Yi Ting, and Ming Hei’s heart skipped a beat and were placed in a state of awe.

“You are wondering how I found out right? When this man who was previously part of your sect followed you two home, he saw you with your three weapons and noticed that your actual name was Ming Hei. That farmer outfit you had the other day just made you look like a handsome little farmer. Today, this white outfit has proven enough that you at the Legendary White Warrior who carried that charming face that will cause many beauties to sacrifice themselves for you, little boy,” said Lawng Fan as a sinister smile appeared on his face.

“Filthy deceits! No wonder Tong Ma despises you. There will be no chance of having the Ching Sum Kuet lie in the hands of people like you!” hollered Ming Hei with determination and paramount entwined within his words.

“We’ll see about that!” said Lawng Fan. He raised his hand and commanded his clan to attack. Siu Lan pulled out her metal chain as Ming Hei flicked open his fan, revealing the words of the White Warrior against the sunlight.

The Monkey Clan charged forward at the command of Tit Lawng Fan. Siu Lan swung her chain around as she took petite steps and sneaky slides, slapping many bodies and faces and leaving permanent scars upon their skin. She may have an extremely accurate aim, but she was not strong enough to bring them to the point of their death. Yi Ting started aiming her daggers precisely into their enemies’ heart one after another, and all of them quickly fell and were dead from the poisonous dagger.

As Siu Lan and Yi Ting fought hard, Ming Hei seemed to be having an easy time. Each and every time he swiped his fan across, a stream fire was released across the horizon and caused the men to toss and turn until the fired died out and the men were injured severely. Each and every lift of his fan towards the sky caused a powerful force of wind that injured many men internally and bringing them close to death, for Ming Hei doesn’t want to kill anyone.

Yi Ting and Siu Lan managed to glide into through the air easily as they attack with their Hing Gong. As they glided, daggers flew out of Yi Ting’s hands and Siu Lan’s metal chain slapped many people on their heads and necks, causing them to bleed heavily from thus brutal blow.

Seeing that his sect was not as powerful as two women and a man, Lawng Fan jumped right into the battle, trying to cause a sneak attack on Ming Hei. He jumped into the air and had his hand out, ready to palm him on the back.

“Ming Hei! Be careful!” screamed Siu Lan as she him heading towards Ming Hei.

Reacting quickly, Ming Hei quickly turned around and emitted his own palm against Lawng Fan’s. This was now a battle of inner strength. They both stood their as their inner engery tried to overpower each other’s, as Yi Ting and Siu Lan fought the remainder 20 some people. No one was able to step in the five feet perimeter around them, for that was their battle field interweaved with endurance and inner strength. Siu Lan was worried about Ming Hei’s own battle, so she occasionally turned her head to see how he was doing while she was fighting, and this was the exact moment when one of the Monkey Clan Members grabbed Siu Lan and positioned her arms behind her back, causing her to be unable to move and causing her to release a scream into the air. Yi Ting quickly turned around and saw her daughter trapped. Ming Hei also did, and because of this, he suddenly lost his focus and allowed Lawng Fan to push a stronger force into his body that pushed him back and into a tree! Ming Hei spat out a gulp of blood as he saw Lawng Fan stare at him with an evil smile. Yi Ting quickly ran over to him and helped him up. The fighting has stopped. The remainder 15 or so men made their way behind Lawng Fan as they held Siu Lan in captivity. Ming Hei wiped the blood off his mouth as he stared at them with detestation in his eyes. He had thought that he was a good man, but he knew that he was wrong.

“Mok Ming Hei, I thought that the Ching Sum Kuet was more powerful than this!” said Lawng Fan. “Well, I guess that you are not at level 9 yet! Your father was a lot more worthy of an opponent than you! Look at you! You’re already injured badly and will be begging for your life very soon! People have said that women are the cause of men’s failure, and I guess it’s true! If it wasn’t for this girl, you wouldn’t have lost focus! You are NOT worthy to be the White Warrior at all!”

Ming Hei clenched his fists tightly as attempted to calm himself down by taking deep breaths.

Seeing his deep breathing, Yi Ting touched his hands. Seeing her signal for him to calm down, Ming Hei tried to unclench his fists and breathed regularly, but with Siu Lan captivated, this was a hard task, for there was just something in his heart that kept on tinkling and twitching.

“White Warrior, White Warrior, look at you now! You can’t even speak a word to defend yourself!” laughed Lawng Fan. His whole clan laughed with him.

Yi Ting touched his hands again when he saw his face muscles clench together.

“Mok Ming Hei! I direct you to hand over the Ching Sum Kuet and its three treasures or else this beauty here will die before your eyes,” commanded Lawng Fan as he positioned his ax across her throat. A small stream of blood oozed out as the sword came into slight contact with her.

Ming Hei’s heart felt as if it was crushed into a million pieces. Suddenly, he unsheathed his sword and directed it at Lawng Fan. “Don’t you dare even hurt her! Don’t mind me for being fierce and cruel if you do,” declared Ming Hei strongly.

Lawng Fan removed his ax and stepped forward. “A brave little boy you are Ming Hei, but let’s see what you have to say after I do take her life!” said Lawng Fan as he pointed his ax towards the direction of Siu Lan.

“Ming Hei. Don’t worry about me. The Ching Sum Kuet is more important than my life,” said Siu Lan. A tear dropped down Ming Hei’s eyes. He felt the pain within his heart grow immensely and increasingly. He couldn’t leave Siu Lan just for the sake of the Ching Sum Kuet, he just couldn’t. There really was something within him that held him from heading in that direction.

“Shut up!” threatened Lawng Fan. He was scared that Ming Hei really would give up her for the sake of the Ching Sum Kuet, but there was still this string of hope within him that’s telling him that he cared. “Mok Ming Hei, what kind of White Warrior are you? You, your father, and your grandfather were all stupid. You have the powerful Ching Sum Kuet in your hands and you all did not use the full power of it! If you wanted to, your family could have taken over the world already. What did your family do?! You just treated it as if it had no significance when its power is far beyond what you think. The Ching Sum Kuet is insulted for being with your family and your treatment towards it! Hand it over so then a man who really knows its power can use it wisely!”

“The Ching Sum Kuet would NOT like to become the possession of an evil and heartless man like you! Besides, the Ching Sum Kuet is not a written document. There is no way for you to learn it!”

“Well, if it’s not written, then we’ll capture you and make it a document!”

Ming Hei’s anger grew increased second by second as he watched Siu Lan’s calm, but also nervous face, and Lawng Fan’s smile of desire. He couldn’t stand the laughs and smiles upon their faces anymore. He couldn’t stand seeing Siu Lan in their hands. He slowly lifted his sword so its parallel to the ground as his positioned his left hand behind his back and he motioned his fingers in a simple but experienced manner. The Monkey Clan did not know what was going to happen; all they did was watch. Unaware to them, a wild storm of wind and leaves stirred up behind the clan as Ming Hei lifted his sword perpendicular to the ground with power, ease, and control. Yi Ting smiled within herself as she saw this sight, for Ming Hei will really prove to them the power of the Ching Sum Kuet.

“Mok Ming Hei, do you want the girl? Or the martial arts that will bring you to the point of devastation?” questioned Lawng Fan as that wicked smile still remained on his face.

Right then, Ming Hei smirked at the crowd and twisted his sword, causing the whirling leaves from behind to shoot towards the back of the clan and pierced through the heart of each and every sect member. They screamed in pain and surprise, with the power the leaf daggers withheld bringing them to their death point. The whole sect fell down at the instance, including Lawng Fan. Seeing this, Ming Hei quickly ran over to Siu Lan. Before he did though, Lawng Fan used the last of his energy to shoot up from the ground and palm his Iron Monkey Fist right into Siu Lan’s stomach. She screamed in pain as she fell onto the ground, with blood oozing out from the corner of her mouth.

“Siu Lan!” screamed Ming Hei as he palmed Lawng Fan in the head. He sat down besides Siu Lan and hugged her securely. He was expressionless. His heart was beating dramatically. He didn’t know how to express his feelings. All he did was hold onto her as fright and anxiety creeped over his body.

As Lawng Fan tried to get up again, Yi Ting pulled out her metal chain and slapped it unsympathetically across his chest, causing blood to seep out of his shirt.

“Yi Ting… Why…” asked Lawng Fan sadly.

“You killed by parents and my whole sect many years back. Today you captivated my daughter and almost killed her! How can you ask me why?!” yelled Yi Ting. Without saying more, she took out a small knife and stabbed him in the heart. Lawng Fan stared at her with heartbreaking eyes and died right before her. Then, Yi Ting quickly ran toward her daughter.

please update soon, i wanna see what happens next [=

Links for Hu Ge's songs I finally found them

http://music.tuantrinh.info/listen.php?s=19823 ( I Love Her)
    http://music.tuantrinh.info/listen.php?s=16952 (Sky after Rain something like that xD)
    http://music.tuantrinh.info/listen.php?s=19870 (画像)

You can dl them too. just click the download link

thanks so much for the songs! i <3 them.

CHAPTER 16: The World Changes Fast

Characters:
    Tong Yi Ting

`

“Siu Lan, please don’t let anything happen to you,” said Ming Hei as he held on to her tightly. His heart felt like it was going to break in two. There was only one person in his entire life that made him undergo this odd feeling before, and it wasn’t any of his parents, but was Mei Yin when they were forced to leave each other and the day he realized that she was gone forever.

“How’s Siu Lan?” asked Yi Ting concernedly as she ran over. “Will—will she be all right?”

“She should, but even though that fist was not the full power the Iron Monkey Fist could release, the power was enough to break many of the important nerves within her body. She should recover after a few days of rest and with the proper treatment,” said Ming Hei as he felt her pulse. He sighed and continued, “But the internal damage was deep. I—I don’t think she has the ability to practice martial arts anymore unless some miracle happens. Eternally…”

Yi Ting collapsed onto the ground at the news. This was too much for her to handle. She couldn’t just let her family’s martial art disappear from the martial world. Her daughter was her last and only hope. Worst than that, she doesn’t know how to tell this to Siu Lan, for she had always loved to fly across the sky at night time when everyone’s asleep.

Ming Hei and Yi Ting carried Siu Lan into the house and allowed her to rest on her bed. Once they stepped out again, Ming Hei couldn’t believe the number that died from his own palm, for he never wanted to hurt anybody, but that power within him combined with the taunting of Tit Lawng Fan brought them to their devastation.

“Ming Hei, the many deaths caused by your own hands is nothing that’s avoidable, ever. However, there is one thing for you to learn. There is no need to kill anybody at all, unless they try to kill you first,” advised Yi Ting.

“Yes, Tong Ma,” replied Ming Hei as his heart ached for all the pain he caused for these men he never knew and never really hated, for all they worked for was Tit Lawng Fan.

One by one, they carried each and every dead body of the Monkey Clan to a nearby area and set them on fire. No trace must be left, or else the identity of the White Warrior will be revealed even sooner than it will. Yi Ting watched as Ming Hei lit the bodies on fire. No one usually passes this area, so this should be a safe spot. They watched until the whole pile was burnt and nothing but ashes was left—no jade amulets, no axes, not anything but ashes were seen. For the metal axes that weren’t able to be burnt that they saw in the ashes, they gathered and threw into the river. For the other personal belongings, they were buried deep in the ground to deteriorate. After this mess was cleaned up, Yi Ting followed Ming Hei through the hills in search for herbs for Siu Lan. After finding the right herbs, they traveled home and waited for Siu Lan to wake so they could boil her medicine.

Not according to his predictions, Siu Lan still did not wake after two days in bed. Ming Hei’s heart felt as if someone has stolen it, for he felt empty. Her face was pale, and she was getting skinnier and skinnier each and every day that pasted. These two days, Ming Hei and Yi Ting used all their time to care for her. Ting didn’t even go into the city to sell flowers. She spent time tending Siu Lan’s flower garden for her so she’ll won’t miss the beauty of it when she wakes up. Ming Hei spends time talking to her, hoping that his words would help her wake. He also spends time helping her move her arms and legs, so that she wouldn’t be sore when she rouses. Each and every day he sees her like this, not moving and pale, the pain in his heart grew and grew with the beat of Siu Lan’s heart.

“Siu Lan, please wake up. I can’t bear seeing you like this,” whispered Ming Hei into her ears. He touched her cheeks. She did not react. Wiping the tears out of his eyes, Ming Hei stepped outside for a break. The sun was bright, shining beautifully and calmly over him. Breaking the tranquility, he flicked open his fan and started motioning it violently, causing a change in the sky’s color and aggressive storms of wind and leaves to unfold. The pain and anger towards Tit Lawng Fan, towards heaven, needed to be released. Yi Ting came by the door and watched once she saw the change of the sky’s colors within their kitchen. There was nothing she could do but hope for Siu Lan to wake up sooner.

As Ming Hei practiced his martial arts with sorrow and sadness for Mei Yin and Siu Lan flowing through his blood, he did not notice, but the power of his attacks was increasing dramatically and efficiently. The complete level 9 was within his reach without questions.

He jumped into the sky with ease and bounced onto a nearby tree. From that tree, he jumped to another tree within the distance as he motioned his fan left and right fiercely and quickly, causing the ground below him fire up upon each swoosh. Unaware that he the ground on fire was on fire until he reached the other tree, he quickly pulled out his flute and played a peaceful tune, which released a nice shower that distinguished the fire once and for all. Ming Hei wiped off his sweat at the sign of relief. He was scared that he would have almost burnt the house down, but the thing he was the most scare about was Siu Lan never waking up.

That night, Mr. Fong entered his dreams once and again. Once Ming Hei saw the fog floating around, he just knelt down with his hands on his chin and elbow on his knees. As usual, the fog cleared up and Ying Fung walked towards him.

“Ming Hei? What’s wrong?” asked Ying Fung when he didn’t receive that greeting that he usually gets.

“Mr. Fong, why do you fog up the area every single time you appear?” interrogated Ming Hei.

“Why are you asking me that? Well, I guess it’s a way for you to recognize me when I come, or else you would have thought that it was a regular dream.”

“What if I dream of fog like this? Then it wouldn’t be you.”

Ying Fung stared at him awkwardly, for he didn’t really know how to answer. “It doesn’t matter does it? Why are all these questions popping up suddenly?”

“I don’t know. It just came up in my head,” replied Ming Hei as he drew circles on a small pile of sand that materialized on the ground.

“Worried about Siu Lan?”

“Of course I am! Why wouldn’t I be? If it wasn’t for me, she probably wouldn’t have been hurt!”

“How so?” questioned Ying Fung as he knelt with Ming Hei

“If I wasn’t staying with Tong Ma and Siu Lan, none of these things today would have happen! Do you know how bad I feel seeing her like this?”

“Is it a feeling for being sorry or a feeling in your heart?”

“I--- I don’t know,” responded Ming Hei with uncertainty. Ying Fung sighed whacked him in the head with his fan. “Ouch! What was that for?”

“Hmm, why are you like this all the time? Don’t you KNOW when you like someone or when someone likes you? You are so blind with these things! Okay, first is Sima Mei Yin. You did not know if the feeling you had was love towards her until your father told you! You did not notice her love for you until she confessed it. You do know Siu Lan’s feelings after I told you. Ming Hei, you are the White Warrior! The man whom many women in the world will be willing to die for! You can’t go out into the world and tell people that you don’t when you like someone. Now don’t tell me you can’t tell if you like Siu Lan this time.”

“I—I really don’t know Mr. Fong. It sort of feels like how I was with Mei Yin, but then, it’s a little bit different. I don’t want to be unfaithful to Mei Yin! Mr. Fong, please understand.”

“Ming Hei, Ming Hei. Mei Yin and Siu Lan are two different people with different faces and personalities! I’m not you, how will I know if you like her or not? Mei Yin is gone for a while, and Siu Lan is and has been waiting for you. Determine it with your feelings.”

“Yes Mr. Fong. The only thing right now that I’m concerned about Siu Lan, is there anything I can do to help her wake?”

“You want her awake? Well then… all right!” Ying Fung slowly faded away as Ming Hei watched him.

“He always disappear like that doesn’t he?” wondered Ming Hei.

Upon the direct rays of sunlight shining onto his eyelids, Ming Hei has awoken. He quickly ran over to Siu Lan’s room with hope of her awakening from Ying Fung’s words. His hopes died at the scene. Siu Lan still held that pale face and skinny body. She wasn’t awake.

“Ming Hei, you’re up so early,” said Yi Ting as she entered.

“Tong Ma? It’s not that early now. The sun is up already,” said Ming Hei as he pointed to the window.

“You worried about Siu Lan?” wondered Yi Ting as she smiled sweetly. Ming Hei nodded.

After they ate breakfast, Ming Hei sat besides Siu Lan and started talking to her again, He started speaking, “Siu Lan, you know what I did yesterday? I almost set the hill on fire as I was practicing my Ching Sum Kuet. You would have been so mad if you saw me. Wake up and yell at me. Please wake up. I want to see you yell at me.” He grabbed onto her hands tightly as a drop of tear fell onto her hands. “Siu Lan, why aren’t you waking up? Please wake up.”

Suddenly, Ming Hei felt her fingers slightly moving! His heart quickly filled with joy and happiness as tears fell down his face. Siu Lan coughed a few times and slowly, her eyes opened.

“Ming Hei?” called Siu Lan weakly.

“Siu Lan! Siu Lan you are finally awake! You were hit with the Iron Monkey Fist and fainted for three days already, but you finally woke up! This is your room,” said Ming Hei happily as he hugged onto her tightly with warmth and care.

“It’s your wet tears that woke me up,” teased Siu Lan as she spoke weakly and released a smile. Ming Hei smiled as he continued hugging onto her.

“You didn’t know how worried I was,” whispered Ming Hei.

“Well you don’t have to worry anymore now,” Siu Lan whispered back happily as she felt his warmth and love.

“Tong Ma! Tong Ma! Siu Lan is awake!” yelled Ming Hei out into the hallway, and Yi Ting quickly came in.

“Siu Lan!” cried Yi Ting as she went over and hugged her daughter. Siu Lan gave her mother a weak smile. “Ming Hei, can you please go into the kitchen and get Siu Lan some congee? She shouldn’t be eating food that needs a lot of chewing after not eating for three days.”

“Yes Tong Ma,” said Ming Hei as he walked out the door. He was so happy that the smile on his face couldn’t be wiped away. He knew that he doesn’t need Mr. Fong’s help to find out if he really does love Siu Lan, because he knows he really does. He really, really does love her.

Siu Lan was weak for about three more days as Ming Hei took tremendous care for her and Yi Ting went back to the city of Luo Yang to sell flowers. The sweetness Siu Lan felt at the sight of him so worried about her was touching. The sight of him pacing around just to get her the things she wanted made her smile. With his intense case, Siu Lan was able to move around the house with ease on this third day.

“Ming Hei, I’ve been in bed for three days already, let’s go outside. I want a smell of the fresh air,” suggested Siu Lan.

“Of course,” answered Ming Hei as he helped her walk outside.

Once Siu Lan contacted the outside world, inhaling the fresh and natural breeze made her body relax greatly.

“Ming Hei, I haven’t smelled this clean air for so long!” shouted Siu Lan happilyas she twirled around the grass.

Ming Hei smiled at her and grabbed her wrist. “Come with me,” said Ming Hei as he dragged her.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see,” replied Ming Hei. They went to the back of the house, where Siu Lan’s flower patch was.

“My flower patch?” queried Siu Lan with perplexity.

“Winter has passed not so long ago, and you know how long you took to tend the garden for it kept its beautiful shape. The few days you weren’t awake, your flowers seemed to be sleeping along with you. Your mother spent time helping you keep it alive,” delivered Ming Hei.

“They are still so beautiful. Ming Hei, what were you doing when my mother tended the flowerbed?” asked Siu Lan as a smile emerged on her lips.

“I helped a little,” said Ming Hei nonchalantly.

“What were you doing though?” teased Siu Lan.

“What do you think I was doing?” asked Ming Hei as revealed an engaging smile on his face. “I was caring for you, of course.”

Siu Lan smiled sweetly back towards him as they walked a little closer together. She knew that was what he has been doing, but she just wanted to hear it herself. Slowly, Ming Hei took her hand and his heart thumped and thumped with nervousness. The joy within Siu Lan’s heart was indescribable, for she could feel that he’s finally feeling back.

Suddenly, Siu Lan ran off to the front of their house, and Ming Hei followed.

“Siu Lan! What are you doing?” wondered Ming Hei as he ran after her.

“I haven’t flown around free in the air for so long! These days have been so boring and I haven’t even touched nature for a single bit! I just want to use the ‘Extreme Sudden’ to circle the sky once or twice to fulfill my desires.”

“But—”

“Ming Hei, it’s okay. I know that I’m not fully recovered, but I can still manage to take a few leaps in the air.” After that, she kicked herself off the ground. However, she didn’t go anywhere but a mere two feet from the ground. Ming Hei covered his eyes in shame and sorrow. He didn’t know how to tell it to Siu Lan that she was unable to practice martial arts anymore until day where she’ll miraculously heal. Siu Lan kicked herself off the ground again, like she usually does. Still, nothing happened. She looked at her feet in confusion as she wondered.

Ming Hei hugged her from behind as tears flowed out of his eyes. She was more confused than ever.

“Siu Lan, I’m sorry,” sobbed Ming Hei.

“Ming Hei, what’s wrong? Please don’t cry,” comforted Siu Lan as she faced him and wiped the tears off his eyes.

“Siu Lan,” said Ming Hei calmly. “You were hit with the Iron Monkey Fist. That fist is extremely powerful and can take the life of a person easily.”

”I know that, but I lived though that already. Isn’t that a good thing?” asked Siu Lan.

“Yes, but the fist that Tit Lawng Fan released at you was about 50 percent of what it really is, since he was injured,” explained Ming Hei. He then took a deep breathe and continued, “But it was powerful enough to break some of your nerves eternally so that you will never ever be able to practice or use any martial arts involving inner strength and inner energy, like the ‘Extreme Sudden.’”

Siu Lan was shocked. Her heart felt like it stopped beating eternally as all hope failed. Martial art, especially Hing Gong, was one of the most important things in her whole life. She couldn’t bear to live her life without martial arts. Tears flooded down her face as she backed up in disbelief. “No. No! No, that cannot be true! Ming Hei, do not lie to me! It can’t happen!” shouted Siu Lan as she ran into the house.

“Siu Lan!” cried Ming Hei as he chased after her. She ran into her room and locked the door before Ming Hei could enter. “Siu Lan!” shouted Ming Hei when the doors closed on him. Si Lan leaned against the door and cried. Slowly, she slid onto the floor and sobbed onto her knees.

“Siu Lan! Come out here right now!” yelled Ming Hei as he kept on pounding on her door. “Siu Lan, you can’t be like this!”

“Ming Hei, you do not know how I feel!” wailed Siu Lan. “I can’t practice any martial art any more! Martial art is a big part of my life! I cannot live without it! Just go away for now, will you?”

“Siu Lan, I’ve been through things that are equally as painful and hard to believe as the truth. But now look at me! I lived through it all so why can’t you? I’m living strong and how I was like before! Why aren’t you doing the same? It’s the truth no matter what. I know that it’s hard to accept, but you will have to face it one day! Siu Lan, you were one of the people who encouraged me when I was like this. You encouraged me to live on, so why can’t you do the same for yourself?! Get out here right now before I break the door!” shouted Ming Hei.

Siu Lan did not reply. When Ming Hei really was about to break open the door, the door creaked open a little bit and a glimpse of Siu Lan’s face was seen. “Just give me a little time alone. Please?” mumbled Siu Lan softly.

Ming Hei nodded. As Siu Lan lied on her bed thinking, Ming Hei dawdled around outside the house. He grabbed a small branch from the ground and started poking random things with it as he wandered around. He then sat under a tree and pulled out his flute. A peaceful and elegant tune instantly permeated throughout the air, bringing it to Siu Lan’s ears. The soothing sound it contained soothed her greatly and calmed her emotions. She won’t be able to practice martial arts anymore. It’s the truth and she couldn’t do anything about it. She has her mother and Ming Hei by her side and everything will be all right. Whatever that happens, they will protect her. She couldn’t bear seeing them miserable for an even longer time just because of her. Finally standing up, she stepped out of her room and followed Ming Hei’s tune, and seeing him playing it peacefully as he made the leaves dance sweetly before his eyes. At the moment he saw her shadow casting over him, he stopped playing and looked up.

“Can you play that tune again?” asked Siu Lan sweetly.

Ming Hei smiled and said, “Of course!” Siu Lan sat next to him as she watched the leaves dance in front of them as the peaceful tune flowed into the air. Siu Lan slowly leaned her head against his shoulder. The beat of his heart increased upon their contact, but the warmth and happiness he felt inside forbade him from scooting aside.

“No matter what happens in the future, I know that you’ll be by my side. It doesn’t matter if I know martial arts anymore,” said Siu Lan. Hearing this, Ming Hei knows that she thought it through already.

Author's note: this is a long chapter. xD i didn't know where to split it, cuz then it'd be too short somewhat... so.. i chucked this section all together. =)

so Fong Ying saved Leila?

not really saved, but actually like.. woke up. she was never dead or on the verge or dying, it was just that she couldn't wake up.

`

CHAPTER 17: A Gift, and Ignorance

Characters:
    Tong Yi Ting
    Hong Deep Ting - Myolie Wu
    Mung Wai Hung - Sammul Chan

`

For the next few days, Siu Lan stayed home with Ming Hei as they wandered around the hills nearby, spending their time together, as Yi Ting continued selling flowers in the city. After those few days, Yi Ting made Siu Lan go back into the city to help her. Though it took a while to persuade her that she needed her help, she finally agreed. After that was done, she diverted her attention to Ming Hei.

“How is your Ching Sum Kuet going along?” asked Yi Ting.

“It’s fine. Everything is going on smoothly and it seems to have improved greatly since the incident with the Monkey Clan,” said Ming Hei.

“Really? I think I have a little something that can help you improve even more,” suggested Yi Ting.

“Really? What is it?” questioned Ming Hei interestedly.

“The Extreme Sudden.”

“The Extreme Sudden? Tong Ma! That is your sect’s secretly passed down martial arts! I have no right to learn it!”

“Ming Hei, you know that Siu Lan is my only daughter, and she cannot practice martial arts anymore. I do not want our ‘Extreme Sudden’ to just extinct like that. The legend it will behold will be written by your own self, and I will ask you to pass this legend on. The simplest level of the ‘Extreme Sudden’ was able to make your father’s martial art improve so much already. If you learn it all, you will be unstoppable.”

“But I can’t accept such a great gift.”

“You must, and that is my last and only wish. The Extreme Sudden consists of five levels, with each level capable of raising the power of your inner strength. At the first level, there you gain the power of flowing freely and with control around the skies without leaving a single footprint, the basic Hing Gong of all sects everywhere. Then for the second level, is the elimination of sound. At the third level, a gain of speed to the point where one will not be able to decipher your face and will at most be able to identify the slightest colors of your clothing. At the forth level, they have reached the utmost Hing Gong anyone could ever get their hands on, for they would be able to fly in the sky freely, quickly, and silently without being seen. Though the fifth level does not seem to be that much of a difference, the internal composition of your body will change. If one with this ability glides by another of superior martial art’s side, they would not be able to even notice that one’s existence. There is only one way to reach level 5, and it is for you to learn the ‘Extreme Sudden’ during your purest form, when you have no martial art base at all. But you can still learn up to level 4 with the foundation of the Ching Sum Kuet.” said Yi Ting.

Ming Hei was silent as he though, but he knew that she was determined to matter what so he responded, “Yes, Tong Ma. As long as this is your wish, I’ll do as you command.” A smile quickly beamed upon Yi Ting’s face.

That very day, the iron waistband that was once a training item of the Flying Dragon Sect was able to see sunshine once again after years of living in darkness. From this point on, Ming Hei was required to wear that waistband as part of his training and practice the moves and techniques Yi Ting would teach and advise him about as they made their livings in the city. This pattern repeated for two months. That was more than enough time for Ming Hei grasped the skills of level 1 entirely which resulted in the dramatic improvements of his Ching Sum Kuet. It seems as if the two martial arts became married, with the combination of the two strengthening them as a whole.

After months and months of preparation, today was the day the new family moved into the He Residents after its months of emptiness. Guards shoved people out of the way and made the vendors go elsewhere. Siu Lan and Yi Ting were forced to push their cart aside in order to establish a big and wide route for this new family’s arrival. Five luxurious sedanchairs of red and gold strolled gracefully through the street as well dressed servants pushed exquisite carts of luggage along behind them.

“Just because one family is moving in, all this commotion that’s affecting the whole LuoYang is caused,” spoke Siu Lan in disgust.

“Siu Lan, do you not know?” explained Mrs. Chai. “Their mother is a cousin of General Chan. Having a cousin that powerful will surely bring them to a higher level. With He Git’s mother, General Chan’s sister, holding so much power already, I bet that this Mung family will be no better.”

“Their surname is Mung? What else do you know Mrs. Chai?” questioned Yi Ting.

“Not much, but she has a husband, and a son named Mung Wai Hung (蒙卫雄). They are a family of three who lives along with her husband’s sister and sister’s cousin, Hong Deep Ting (康蝶婷). I think they came from Yang Zhou (揚州)?”

“From Yang Zhou…” repeated Yi Ting. With them situated by the He Residents, Siu Lan and Yi Ting were able to see the five exit their sedanchairs. The two older women and man were first to exit. They kept their heads high arrogantly, as if the others were not even worth their eyes to lie upon. Behind then, a girl at about Siu Lan's age exited. She held fair skin and a fair face of no extravagant beauty, but of no ugliness either. Nothing about her stood out that much except that fact that she was a little corpulent with a little too much pride in her eyes. Lastly, a young man about 20 also came out. His quite handsome and slender face with a pair of naïve eyes examined the surrounding area curiously, making him seem the most likable out of the group. Siu Lan smirked at the five before she turned around and headed home with her mother.

That night, Ming Hei was no where to be seen.

“Where is he?” wondered Yi Ting as she and Siu Lan peeked inside the various doors.

“Siu Lan!” shouted Ming Hei as he jumped out from behind. Siu Lan jumped from the sudden surprise.

“You scared me!” said Siu Lan.

Ming Hei placed his hands on her shoulder. “Siu Lan, I’m sorry. This better?” said Ming Hei as he hugged her. A smile quickly beamed on her face at his sweet actions.

“Ming Hei, your Hing Gong sure is improving. I hardly sensed you coming towards us,” applauded Yi Ting happily.

“Thank it all to my great teacher.”

“Someone moved into the He residents today,” said Siu Lan to change the topic.

“Who?” questioned Ming Hei with interest.

“A family with the surname of Mung. There were five of them. The wife is Chan Gwok Ho’s cousin.”

“Chan Gwok Ho again? He must have told them to move here to watch out for the White Warrior coming back, or incase of any information of me is found.”

“That might be true. Ming Hei, you’ll have to be more careful around.”

“They won’t find me that easily. I will not let them. With the ‘Extreme Sudden’ flowing in my blood, they won’t even know where I am!”

Siu Lan slowly wrapped her arms around his hips and placed her head onto his chest worriedly. Ming Hei hugged her back and whispered into her ears, “Nothing will happen. Trust me.”

The next day Siu Lan and Yi Ting were back into the city selling flowers like usual while Ming Hei stayed home practicing. Down the street walked Hong Deep Ting, the girl who was living with the Mung family in the He residents, now known as the Mung Residents. Siu Lan detested her at the first sight of her. She walked down the street elegantly yet arrogantly with a fan in her hands and glaring at all the ones who would stare at her as two servants carrying a basket in their hands stood aside her. After she touched eached item, she would wipe her hands, as if the objects would get her hand grimy. Soon, she walked up to Siu Lan’s stall. Yi Ting walked off earlier to deliver some flowers, and she was not back yet, leaving Siu Lan alone.

Deep Ting examined the flowers and then pulled out one of the orchids. “How much are these lilies?” questioned Deep Ting.

“These are orchids,” corrected Siu Lan.

Deep Ting glared at her and rolled her eyes. “Orchids. Whatever. How much are they?”

“Two coins each.”

“Two coins? Okay then.” She looked at one of her servants. “What are you standing there for? Pay her!”

“Yes, Miss,” said the servant nervously. She pulled out two coins for Siu Lan and quickly walked up to her mistress

“Mei Yin was never like this,” mumbled Siu Lan with dissatisfaction as she reminisced the past.

“Not all upper class is like Mei Yin and Yeung Sung,” added Yi Ting as she came back.

At the end of the day when all the vendors were getting ready to leave, two slender men, one in emerald green and one in royal blue, flew through the sky with their Hing Gong, knocking down various stalls while they were at it. They landed before Siu Lan and Yi Ting and started an exchange of techniques of fist and leg as some fled and some watched. As they continued, it was easily identified that the man in royal blue was Mung Wai Hung. Soon, the man in green was losing it and Wai Hung gained the upper hand. He kicked the man in green in the stomach, making him fly through the air and on a stall. The owner of the stall shrieked as he saw the destruction. Siu Lan wanted to step forward and say something, but Yi Ting pulled her back.

“Siu Lan, I can see that he acquired some skills from Chan Gwok Ho, and he is surely above He Git’s level. Without your previous ability, you won’t be his match. Stay out of it,” whispered Yi Ting.

“But—” started Siu Lan.

“No.”

“Yes, mother.”

Wai Hung smiled to himself as he walked towards the man in green. He lifted his leg as if he was going to step on his stomach when another man rushed through the crowd.

“Siu Yeh!” cried the servant. “Siu Yeh! I think that was enough. If you continue, he might die. Siu Yeh, I’m sure you had enough fun today already. Why don’t you let him go and get home? It’s almost time for dinner.”

Wai Hung removed his leg and faced the servant with an unpleased smile on his face. “Is there really no one in the world who can beat me or provide a worthy match? Find me some better people next time. This is no fun. I’m warning you, you better get someone who’s better than that for me to fight next time!” exclaimed Wai Hung.

“Yes Siu Yeh, I’ll find someone better next time,” stuttered the servant nervously. Wai Hung walked off as his servant handed the man some money and caught up with his master.

Immediately, Siu Lan walked up to the man in green and asked if it was all right.

“I’m fine,” answered the man as he stood up. “Thank you very much, Miss.”

“No problem. Why were you and that Mung Wai Hung fighting?” questioned Siu Lan.

“It’s a long story. His family was looking for people good at martial arts to challenge their son, for he loves martial arts and acquires quite some skills himself. His parents saw his eagerness in it and are searching for people who acquire such skills so that they can challenge him. Though, his parents explicitly said for the challenger to lose to him and not beat him. Yet, this was something he didn’t know about. I must depart now, thank you for helping, Miss.” The man then walked away as Yi Ting walked up to her daughter.

“I guess that I’ll never be seeing another upper class like Mei Yin and Yeung Sung,” Siu Lan sighed.

Two pretty peaceful years went by quickly, though they were interrupted by the casual arrogant walks of Hong Deep Ting and constant fights of Mung Wai Hung that he tends to win easily. However, Siu Lan dared not to interrupt after her mother’s consistent warnings to stay unknown to these people. As this happened within Luo Yang, Ming Hei stayed home practicing this Hong. It seemed as if the Extreme Sudden was built for him, for he was able to grasp it fully up to the fourth level with these two years.
    Last edited by kaiyi; 07-04-07 at 10:57 AM.

"two martial arts became married" seems like the two descendants will too soon c[=

i noticed a few mistakes

"a girl at about the age of exited" <-- you forgot Siu Lan's name.

"Siu Lan smirked at the five before she turned around and headed him with her mother." you mean home? [:

anyways back to the chapter. Wow, extreme sudden sounds invincible... with qing hong that high, why need martial arts? (: It's like the speed of light. You can just sneak up on someone and kill them before they even retaliate. IMO, I think there's no need for Ming Hei to have Ching Dim Kuet (hope I wrote it correctly xD) if he learn the Extreme Sudden. Wow, if a bad person learned it. they can just rob everyone and nobody would know. they can just kill off all the martial art masters without them even retaliating lolss

&& Myolie and Samuel's character are so arrogant. Hope they'll get beat up soon and learn a lesson. Are they the antagonist of this book?

update soon [:

thanks. =) fixed those mistakes. though the extreme sudden is fast and powerful, one will slow down then they have to concentrate on other things like attacking, therefore, others will be able to retaliate if they are worthy enough. for the combo of the ching sum kuet and extreme sudden, it will increase his reflex and speed. =) lol. so its not realy invincible. and of course, no matter powerful one says it is, that is under the circumstances when there is no resistance and the preformer is able to go everything accordingly to its steps and such. and myolie and sammul. i dont know about antagonist, but they aid the antagonist becuase of hatred. nancy will appear.... somewhat soon. =) almost there!

CHAPTER 18: Tying the Knot

Characters:
    Tong Yi Ting
    Mung Wai Hong - Sammul Chan

`

Under the crisp early spring air this very day, the 21 years old Ming Hei flies happily all over the mountains without force or strength, but inner strength entwined with his blood and body that allowed him to jump all over the place without the people noticing. He felt the freedom that he had a long time ago with the Extreme Sudden.

Along with gaining back his freedom, it seemed like his and Siu Lan’s chemistry slowly developed. Though they never officially told teach each other that he loves her or she loves him, they knew it at heart. No matter what though, Mei Yin will hold a position equally as important as Siu Lan in his heart. He wouldn’t forget her no matter how far away she was, and what he learned was to value the one before you. From that, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to live without Siu Lan.

As Ming Hei was doing that, Mung Wai Hung was flying through the streets combating another man, this time in purple, once again before Siu Lan and Yi Ting’s stall and started exchanging techniques.

“Push our cart aside so they won’t fall on it,” said Yi Ting in annoyance. As they did, Wai Hung palmed the man right on his chest, and landing right onto Yi Ting and Siu Lan’s flower stall. They gaped at the sight, for they had cursed it. The man quickly got up and attacked again. Wai Hung palmed him once more on the chest and as the man in purple went backwards, accidentally shoving Siu Lan onto the ground. Wai Hung rushed over to help the girl as his servant paid the man some money and had him leave.

“Are you okay?” asked Wai Hung with concern. Slowly, Siu Lan lifted her head and the instant Wai Hung saw the beauty that she possessed, he instantly fell madly in love with her. The first look he had of her face brought him into determination that she was the one whom he will marry. She looked at mind, seeing the concern and hypnotized eyes of his without understanding why. Noticing that his hands were on her hips, she quick shrieked in terror and pushed him away with an extraordinary strength that a regular girl would never have as she went to her mothers.

“Mother,” muttered Siu Lan in her sweet voices she hid behind her mother shyly.

“Miss, are you okay?” asked Wai Hung once again.

“My daughter is fine thank you,” answered Yi Ting coldly.

“Are you sure? Is there anything I can do?” wondered Wai Hung.

“Yes there is,” continued Yi Ting. Siu Lan looked into her eyes confusedly, but Yi Ting calmed her by placing her hand on hers. “You broke out stall. If you provide us the proper financial settlement, then everything will be fine.”

“Yes I can do that, especially for such a pretty girl like your daughter,” complimented Wai Hung as he directed his servant to give Yi Ting some money.

Yi Ting took the money quickly and said, “Thank you. We shall leave now.” Without saying more or allowing Wai Hung to say more, they departed quickly.

Wai Hung smiled to himself and said, “That maiden is rather stunning.”

“Sit, do not let Miss Hong hear that, for you will not know what she’ll do to her. You know how much Miss Mung loves you,” warned the servant.

“I care less about her. With her rude and ignorant personality, she is doom to have no husband! Come on, let’s go,” cried Wai Hung dispassionately as he turned around and headed home, and his servant quickly followed.

Once they reached home, Siu Lan stomped into the house and slammed the door right after Yi Ting entered.

“Siu Lan, stop this,” demanded Yi Ting.

“Who got little miss Siu Lan mad?” teased Ming Hei as he walked out of his room with a mischievous smile, but that smile instantly dropped the moment he saw the melancholy and anger within her expression. He sat himself down besides her and stared at her with silver eyes. He poked her forehead with a finger. She didn’t reply. He poked her again. She still didn’t reply. He poked her once more. She gave him a glare and puffed up her cheeks. He forced a smile onto Siu Lan’s face by placing his fingers on the corners of his lips and pulled them upward as he released a silly smile on his own. Seeing him try to comfort her, Yi Ting stepped out of the house.

“Stop it,” insisted Siu Lan as she pushed his hands away.

“What’s wrong?” questioned Ming Hei with a pair of curious eyes.

After staring at Ming Hei for a short while, Siu Lan said, “That Mung Wai Hung.”

“Mung Wai Hung? Who is he?” asked Ming Hei.

“Don’t you remember? He’s the son of the Mung family, who moved into the He residents about a year ago.”

“Oh! Him. What did he do?” said Ming Hei.

So Siu Lan told him everything that happened and now, it’s Ming Hei who’s the one that is mad.

“How dare he! Your mother once said that that was the stall that your father built! How dare he break it! Money cannot buy everything!” shouted Ming Hei in dismay.

“Ming Hei, it’s okay. It’s all settled now. They are the upper class, what can we do? We can’t march up to them and kill them or anything,” said Siu Lan nervously as she tried to calm his firebrand personality down.

“I can and I will!” shouted Ming Hei as he stood on his chair.

“Ming Hei! I thought I was the one mad, why and how did it turn out to be you?” said Siu Lan as she pulled him down from the table and looked at him in the eyes caringly.

“Okay, I’ll not care about the incident with the stall, but what about what he did to you? His concern here about you is not needed at all! Doesn’t he even care about his name? Messing with ladies of the city is not going to help him keep it!” pronounced Ming Hei as he hugged her tightly and dearly at his last sentence, refusing to let go.

“Ming Hei, you know that you are the only one in my heart. Whatever he says does not matter,” said Siu Lan as she pushed off of him gently. “Ming Hei, are you jealous?”

“What? Me? Me jelous? What are you talking about?” stuttered Ming Hei impassively as he crossed his arms and turned his back to her.

“I know you are,” remarked Siu Lan mischievously as she faced him.

Ming Hei then pulled up his sleeves and placed his hands on his hips. “You think I am?” questioned Ming Hei with a fake serious face.

“Yes,” remarked Siu Lan again as she ran out the door. Ming Hei smiled enchanted and chased after her ecstatically outside the house. Siu Lan tried to run away, but Ming Hei caught up with her and held her tightly around her hips, with their faces several inches apart.

“Who did you say was jealous?” said Ming Hei.

“I don’t know, who did I say?” said Siu Lan, pretending like nothing happened.

They stared at each other with a massive grin on their face. They lips collide and a tender kiss was exchanged.

“Siu Lan, can I ask you something?” asked Ming Hei with seriousness.

“Of course you can,” answered Siu Lan caringly.

“Will you marry me?” asked Ming Hei.

Siu Lan’s mouth dropped and her heart sped up from exhilaration as she stared at him with an awestrucken face. Ming Hei bit down on his lips, for he was afraid that she’ll say no. Siu Lan looked at him with glittering eyes and slowly she said, “There is only one man in the whole world whom I will marry, and that man is someone by the name of Mok Ming Hei.” An unstoppable smile of glee and joy naturally beamed up on Ming Hei’s face as he felt his heart flutter and mind travel afar. He lifted Siu Lan up from the ground and spun her around the place from that sudden gain of energy within his body as he screamed from joy. Finally, he placed her down and gave her a caring hug, gave her a kiss on her forehead, and pinched her chin. For Siu Lan, all she desired was wait for what he’ll do next, and she’ll submissively follow.

“Someone is happy,” said Yi Ting as she walked out of the house also with a smile on her face.

“Mother?” gasped Siu Lan in shock of her sudden appearance.

“I heard it all,” said Yi Ting who held a beaming smile on her face. Siu Lan stared onto the ground shyly as she continued to smile. “Now, when should it be? You know that it would not be made huge because of your identities, so it’s just going to be us. Will it be fine if it’s held three days later? That is a good day.”

“Everything can be decided by mother,” replied Siu Lan bashfully but blissfully.

Yi Ting then diverted her attention to Ming Hei, who only released a larger smile and nodded his head.

“Then three days later it will be,” declared Yi Ting happily.

After buying the necessaries, the house was beautifully decorated in red, with Siu Lan’s room becoming the bridal room. On the late morning of this third day, Yi Ting spent at least four hours helping Siu Lan get beautiful and ready, leaving Ming Hei outside and walking around nervously as he waited for his Siu Lan. After hours of wonder and curiosity, Yi Ting finally brought Siu Lan out. There was only one word that could describe her that moment: beautiful. The already large eyes of her was perfected with the glitter by the corners of her eyes. Her lips were enhanced with the rosy red color. The hair pins of gold and silver upon her head outshone the many stars of the midnight sky. She was elegant and gorgeous like a goddess in red. Smiling at his beauty, Ming Hei took her hand and they bowed to heaven and earth, then to Yi Ting, and lastly, to each other. With all the other customs preformed and a wedding diner eaten, night fell upon them. As Yi ing cleaned up everything, Ming Hei and Siu Lan headed for their bridal room. They are now husband and wife.

The sun slowly peaked over the hills the very next day, casting its ray on Ming Hei’s eyelids and waking him up. Slowly turning his head away from the rays, he saw Siu Lan lie right before him. He poked her on the cheeks. Noticing this, Siu Lan woke up, and the first thing she saw before her eyes on this day was Ming Hei.

“Morning,” greeted Siu Lan sweetly.

“Morning,” replied Ming Hei sweetly. His voice was enchanting to her ears, only if she is able to hear it ever morning and every night before she wakes up and goes to sleep.

Realizing the time, they got up and changed. Siu Lan then sat right in front of her makeup table.

“What are you doing?” asked Ming Hei with curiosity when he saw her play with her hair.

“I have to keep my hair down as if I was not married, or else people will be suspicious,” answered Siu Lan.

“Hmm, that’s a good thing because you look a lot older with your hair up,” teased Ming Hei. Siu Lan attempted to hit him on the head, but his reflex was too fast and he dodged it easily and hugged her from behind. “You look beautiful,” said Ming Hei as he kissed her neck.

The love she felt from those words easily placed a smile on her face as she leaned her head on his arm to feel his warmth.

Keep going Kaiyi.

Waiting for the next update but not patiently.