Thread: Is there a second chance for banned members?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Question Is there a second chance for banned members?

I’m curious, is there a second chance for banned members? If so, what is the ban period? If not, then would SPCNET consider a request to reinstate a banned member given a period of 2-3 years after the offense?

are you planning on getting banned? i hope not, it'll be really boring without you

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    are you planning on getting banned? i hope not, it'll be really boring without you
    haha...I'm just looking out for you GuGu.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    haha...I'm just looking out for you GuGu.

hahaha i'm glad you are. thank you very much dear. if i was to get banned and the wait is 2-3 years, i think there weren't be a point in returning. by then, i would of have forgotten about this place and moved on. BUT i'm not looking to get banned ... BUT if you are... let me know and i'll help you

It's very rare that a ban is reversed (to my knowledge, it's only been done once...within the past twenty-four hours, I might add). The great majority of banned members (aside from commercial SPAMmers, who actually form the bulk of the banned members group) received bans because they consistently demonstrated an unwillingness to conduct themselves within forum guidelines, or conversely, committed a violation of forum rules so flagrant that it required an immediate banning.

In order for a permanent ban to be reversed, the Administrator and the active moderators must agree that the member's offending behavior is more representative of a lapse than a consistent habit, is not likely to be repeated, and that said member has a solid track record of positive contributions to the forum that offset his/her offense. When these conditions are satisfied, a motion to reverse a ban might be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    hahaha i'm glad you are. thank you very much dear. if i was to get banned and the wait is 2-3 years, i think there weren't be a point in returning. by then, i would of have forgotten about this place and moved on. BUT i'm not looking to get banned ... BUT if you are... let me know and i'll help you
    I know you have many tricks up your sleeves dear, but I don't think it would be too difficult to get banned on my own. Though, I will be a good girl & behave. I was just simply being curious.

Ken, thank you for your respond.

I might add that temporary bans can be given though, usually anywhere from days to weeks, for some not so serious forum rule breaking as a preliminary warning. After a temporary ban is lifted and the member continues to break our forum rules then the permanent ban is issued.

And yes, I have unbanned members before in the past - a few of them were pretty naughty too but have turned over a new leaf now. I believe that almost all members are good folks here so I always like to give a second chance if I think the member is sincere about wanting to stay a member and not out to cause any more trouble. Moderators and the admin (me) will generally discuss about issuing bans and unbans first.

However, spammers (advertisers, adult-content posters, pure troublemakers) get no mercy.

2-3 year banned member? I would've thought that if this person really wanted to participate at the forum, he/she would've created a new member account by now - unless the previous username or post count is that important...
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    I might add that temporary bans can be given though, usually anywhere from days to weeks, for some not so serious forum rule breaking as a preliminary warning. After a temporary ban is lifted and the member continues to break our forum rules then the permanent ban is issued.

And yes, I have unbanned members before in the past - a few of them were pretty naughty too but have turned over a new leaf now. I believe that almost all members are good folks here so I always like to give a second chance if I think the member is sincere about wanting to stay a member and not out to cause any more trouble. Moderators and the admin (me) will generally discuss about issuing bans and unbans first.

However, spammers (advertisers, adult-content posters, pure troublemakers) get no mercy.

2-3 year banned member? I would've thought that if this person really wanted to participate at the forum, he/she would've created a new member account by now - unless the previous username or post count is that important...
    Okie-dokie, thank you for your respond. I didn't realize that the person could create a new account without SPCNET detecting. Though, I do agree with you that most of the people here are good folks.
    Last edited by bellamia; 12-30-06 at 01:29 AM.

I didn't realize that the person could create a new account without SPCNET detecting
    Well we usually do know based on the posting style and/or similar IPs used - especially if the member registers again very closely during the time frame of the ban. You can be assured that a close eye is kept on that new member account but after 2-3 years, it's hard to remember or bother keeping tabs for so long.
    -SC

I’m curious, is there a second chance for banned members? If so, what is the ban period? If not, then would SPCNET consider a request to reinstate a banned member given a period of 2-3 years after the offense?
    That's entirely possible. I can vouch for that.

But of course, that would depend very much on the circumstances.

In any case, I wouldn't advise anyone to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    That's entirely possible. I can vouch for that.

But of course, that would depend very much on the circumstances.

In any case, I wouldn't advise anyone to try it.
    I have been itching to try it. How do I get one of those short bans? I think I should pick on the poster spcnet, she seems rather harmless.

they already have a secondd chance. when i first came into this forum last month, i saw a few members had been 'banned' but i thought : They can always make a new email and create a new account; or do u check them by using IP addresses?
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    I have been itching to try it. How do I get one of those short bans? I think I should pick on the poster spcnet, she seems rather harmless.
    laugh my *** off... SPCNET is a married guy (Or at least getting married).
    I think

Theres just too many ways to bypass IP checks

There are definitely ways to bypass IP checking - it's a flawed system of course - but you can't hide things like posting style. Also, if a member just wants to create another account to create more trouble, it's not hard to catch because eventually it will be noticed - we'll just keep on banning the new accounts.

You can get a 'short' ban pretty easily. Just send me a PM with the request.

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    I'm really a stuffed mage toy brought to life by magic.

Happy New Year everyone.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet

You can get a 'short' ban pretty easily. Just send me a PM with the request.

Ok, I will hold you to it when the time comes

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    spcnet is a guy???? from the posts i thought spcnet is a girl...
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    spcnet is a guy???? from the posts i thought spcnet is a girl...
    My memory (and this time I'm sure it's not acting faulty!) tells me that spcnet's a girl.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Candide and SPCNET are both out to gender confuse the whole lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Candide and SPCNET are both out to gender confuse the whole lot of you.
    I pretty much consider Candide a guy, even if she shows me her birth certificate stating her gender, I still won't believe it.