Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mukodono! - My Husband/My Son-in-Law [Nagase Tomoya, Takeuchi Yuko]

Default Mukodono! - My Husband/My Son-in-Law [Nagase Tomoya, Takeuchi Yuko]

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mukodono%21
    http://www.jdorama.com/drama_557.htm

I plan on starting this serial soon. The plot sounds interesting and funny:

Nagase Tomoya is a famous pop star with two secrets: He's been keeping the existence of his serious relationship from his fans; and if that wasn't bad enough, he's not nearly as cool as his image makes him out to be. To make life more difficult he has to deal with problems at home: a father who doesn't want him to marry his daughter and family members who might leak his secret.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yep it is a really funny drama. You'll never see Tomoya Nagase in the same light again. The cool, aloof rock star, Yuichiro and the bumbling, nerdy, nice husband, Yuichiro. Yuko Takeuchi's sweet in the drama but not impressive. I liked Ryoko Shinohara's turn as her career-minded sister better.

It is certainly a very funny and entertaining show, it was alot of fun watching Tomoya Nagase being such a major dork.

Like in Yan Papa, Tomoya is again playing a guy without a family and is eagerly trying to fit into this new one. So far I like this serial. It was hilarious when Sakura's dad saw Yuichiro in the magazine in which he was voted "most huggable guy" and thought he was a gigolo. You know what would solve most of this family's problems? Locks!!!

Am I correct to assume that Tomoya did his own singing during Yuichiro's performances?

Yuko Takeuchi reminds me a little of Han Ji-min and a bit of Nanako Matsushima when she smiles.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've finished this series. It's a very enjoyable overall although the middle episodes were somewhat formularic with Yuichiro always being at the right place at the right time to garner opportunities to win over the trust of the various members of Sakura's family considering he's supposed to be a big busy star. What makes up for it IMO is that the storyline is not necessarily predictable all the time. For instance, when the second sister finally gathered the courage to face her son's father and...surprise! Well, I was surprised anyway (and disappointed for poor Tsutomu). The last couple of episodes were a little draggy, though.

There were many touching and funny moments. I mean, just the song title "The Lonely Toothbrush"...so many ways of interpretation popped into my mind at the time. And then there were Sakura and Yuichiro's sickeningly sweet exchanges over the phone and at the dinner table in their cute matching outfits. Haha. I liked the actor who played Masaki. It must be the random bad boy appeal.

I'm not sure if I should watch Mukodono 2003. It's about Yuichiro again, but in a parallel universe marrying into a different family? Hm, not sure I like that idea.

I think Aiba from Arashi has a small role here right?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I think Aiba from Arashi has a small role here right?
    Yep, he does. He plays Sakura's nephew. I hardly recognized him in this after seeing him on that one show where he babysat with Jun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yep, he does. He plays Sakura's nephew. I hardly recognized him in this after seeing him on that one show where he babysat with Jun.
    Is that because he looked better or worse?

I'm not sure if I should watch Mukodono 2003. It's about Yuichiro again, but in a parallel universe marrying into a different family? Hm, not sure I like that idea.
    Well, Mukodono 2003 is bascially the same theme again with a different family. I didn't enjoy it as much as the original, the characters in the second were not as interesting. Sakai Noriko didn't really have much chemistry with Tomoya, unlike Takeuchi Yuko.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    Is that because he looked better or worse?
    It's hard to say. I liked his hair and overall physical appearance better in Mukodono, but not necessarily the cool, almost stand-offish demeanor of his character, Ryo. When he babysat with Jun, he seemed much more mellow (which is probably closer to his real self).

BTW, I read in his profile that he's a huge TOKIO fan. It must have been a treat for him to work with Tomoya, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Well, Mukodono 2003 is bascially the same theme again with a different family. I didn't enjoy it as much as the original, the characters in the second were not as interesting. Sakai Noriko didn't really have much chemistry with Tomoya, unlike Takeuchi Yuko.
    I think I'll give it a pass.

The off-stage Yuu-chan is so cute. Love his dorky outfits. Haha he actually cried during movies during his date with her.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    The off-stage Yuu-chan is so cute. Love his dorky outfits. Haha he actually cried during movies during his date with her.
    Yes! I especially liked the dorky matching outfits Yui and Sakura wore around the house and the little love rituals they had guaranteed to make anyone else around nauseous.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yes! I especially liked the dorky matching outfits Yui and Sakura wore around the house and the little love rituals they had guaranteed to make anyone else around nauseous.
    After watching MBMH and then watching this, its like watching totally different side of Nagase Tomoya. In My Boss, My Hero, he's so rough and short-tempered but here he's so sweet and his past is so sympathetic. Haha I do want to hug Yuichiro! And here you definitely get to see two different characters on-stage and off-stage. But especially Yuu-chan is so adorable and the glasses make him even more cute. Haha...men with glasses are so attractive.

Ah....a longing to hunt more dramas that feature him....must stop now or else no hw will be done. dammit!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yeah it's so hilarious and goose bump raising yet heartwarming, particularly since Yuichiro had no family of his own. I loved Yuichiro's goofy character.

Hey Lady Zhuge,

Where do you watch your dramas from? Do you purchase the DVD/VCD/rent/watch it from a website/watch it on tv? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Lady Zhuge,

Where do you watch your dramas from? Do you purchase the DVD/VCD/rent/watch it from a website/watch it on tv? Just curious.
    A combo of the above, except I usually don't rent.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Another questionable thing is well the song..."The Lonely Toothbrush"? I wonder what the song is about really?

Nagase Tomoya has such nice eyebrows and facial features. At first he reminded me of Sunny Chan but here he reminds me of Chen Kun for some reason.

Where can I watch episode 9-10?

I've only watched the 2003 version. Overall, I find it good and entertaining except for the live episodes (those episodes showing Yuichiro going on a talkshow or something. I suspect it's shown in front of a live audience and the scenes are live footage.) The live episodes lacks the depths and good story telling of the rest of the episodes.

Btw, Yuichiro's mother appeared in the 2003 version.

I've also bought the first version, but sadly, the subtitles is quite bad. It's out of sync with the dialogue and some parts are not even subbed.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-02-07 at 01:22 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I've only watched the 2003 version. Overall, I find it good and entertaining excerpt for the live episodes (those episodes showing Yuichiro going on a talkshow or something. I suspect it's shown in front of a live audience and the scenes are live footage.) The live episodes lacks the depths and good story telling of the rest of the episodes.

Btw, Yuichiro's mother appeared in the 2003 version.

I've also bought the first version, but sadly, the subtitles is quite bad. It's out of sync with the dialogue and some parts are not even subbed.
    I'm watching this on Dailymotion.com and Crunchyroll.com and the 2001 version is very good. Although it says 2003 in Crunchyroll , its actually 2001.

The chemistry between all the cast members are very good. I love that scene where Takuro (boss), Hakozaki (agent) and Yuichiro are acting out a scene from a movie he has to do and Hakozaki was playing the girl. Haha. Its so funny. The chemistry and everything in the drama is so convincing. Its interesting, Nagase Tomoya's voice is deeper when he's doing a serious role but when he's Yuu-chan, his voice slightly more high and I guess he just has a better command of his voice because of his experience in singing.

Haha...I can't help it. I'm totally won over by Tomoya's acting and beautiful facial features esp. the eyebrows and smiles...ah everything. Haha....