Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Yung (翁美玲)

Really love her. She's still, IMHO, the actress who had played Wong Yung to the point of perfection.

Other than LOCH, I love another of her drama. Can't remember the title, in fact, I can't even remember much details of the show now, except that it is a contemporary drama. Tony Leung played the leading guy and her love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    Really love her. She's still, IMHO, the actress who had played Wong Yung to the point of perfection.

Other than LOCH, I love another of her drama. Can't remember the title, in fact, I can't even remember much details of the show now, except that it is a contemporary drama. Tony Leung played the leading guy and her love interest.
    That drama is called "The Rough Ride". In fact, TVB has already released the dvd set for this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy
    That drama is called "The Rough Ride". In fact, TVB has already released the dvd set for this drama.
    Thanks Shandy! Didn't know it's released in DVD! Once again, thank you!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.5151.net/starclub/picture/%CE%CC%C3%C0%C1%E1/b294254.jpg')

she so cute,

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.5151.net/starclub/picture/%CE%CC%C3%C0%C1%E1/b342853.jpg')
    Last edited by champion; 03-16-07 at 12:22 AM.

Best Huang Rong eva

I haven't seen anything else w/ her though, so I can't judge if she's a good actress or just a good HR.

Her acting is great! she's the best Huang Rong ever.

backstage they are so cute

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/pictures/sjym/sjym205.jpg')

adorable Huang Rong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/pictures/sjym/sjym103.jpg')

cute

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/pictures/sjym/sjym063.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.wengmeiling.com/pictures/sjym/sjym059.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Bingcute
    Her acting is great! she's the best Huang Rong ever.

backstage they are so cute

http://www.wengmeiling.com/pictures/sjym/sjym205.jpg
    Awww, those are cute pictures. I have never seen these.

Default Miss her!

First time I saw Barbara is in the LOCH with Felix. I think that is best Huon Ruon from now. Second time was also with Felix but is this serie she died at the end, ''The Foundation''. She looked so sad in this one! Third time, she acted as twin. I don't remember the title of this serie, only that Miu Kui Wai was the main lead with Barbara! The last serie that I saw Barbara in is also with Miu Kui Wai called ''The Fearless Duo''. OH! I forget one, Chor Lau Heung she was the princess and Chor Lau Heung's beloved!I think that she is a good and talented actress.
    Last edited by liusing; 05-09-07 at 01:48 PM.

Aah, good, I am still in time. Still May 7. Happy Birthday Barbara Yung, my very first actress idol. Wherever you are, all of us fans are just hoping you are in peace.

For those old school Barbara fans, is it pretty scary that we have all lived past or about to live past Barbara's final age.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Aah, good, I am still in time. Still May 7. Happy Birthday Barbara Yung, my very first actress idol. Wherever you are, all of us fans are just hoping you are in peace.

For those old school Barbara fans, is it pretty scary that we have all lived past or about to live past Barbara's final age.

yep, i'll be 26 in dec this yr and i loved barbara in loch and chor lau heung, but i cant remember seeing any of her other series....

Thanks a lot Bingcute, Champion, Ymkzh for those wonderful pictures of Barbara Yung. She looks sooo classic beautiful and her acting is super!

definitely missing her ...

top series from her
    1) return of condor heroes
    2) chor lau heung
    3) the rough ride

i wish i could watch some more of her series ... she's a legend!!!!! rest in peace darling

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post
    yep, i'll be 26 in dec this yr and i loved barbara in loch and chor lau heung, but i cant remember seeing any of her other series....
    She was also in...

Rough Ride
    The Battlefield (minor role)
    Fearless Duo
    United We Stand
    The Foundation

among others

I really loved her too. Her portrayal of Wong Yung was the best and a childhood favourite character of mine.
    Such a tragedy

She was also in the series "Sup Sam Mui" or "The Legend of the Unknown". This was her first series with TVB. Here's a link from Yesasia:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1001831633/

hi!
    hope im not too late, but i've just recently started watching LOCH 82 and now I'm a fan of barbara's. she has so much charisma on screen, i can't take my eyes off the t.v when she's in the scene!

i understand that she was SO good as Huang Rong that her nick name after the series was huang rong. thats super cool. however i didnt read the book so i dont know what huang rong is supposed to be like.. there's no doubt that her acting is superb with awesome chemistry with felix, but can someone tell me why she was better than the other actresses that have portrayed as huang rong before? thanks

before i started LOCH my aunt told me she died because of a (potentially) suicidal. what a pity, i think she'd be one of the most respected and leading ladies in the hk or mainland acting industry today.
    WU ZUN ! <3

I think she was an amazing HR too! I've read ROCH, admittedly, Barbara's portrayal differed a bit from the novel persona. This is the director/scriptwriter's changes though. Barabara definitely managed to capture the essence of HR. The intelligence, charm, cuteness, was all there. It was just a shame the romantic and selfless side of HR was neglected in HR version. I thought if Barabara were allowed to express these facets of HR, it would be breathtaking. I thought the 80's ROCH didn't emphasise enough on the depth of heart-felt love between HR & GJ. Only after HR was mortally wounded and when she confesses to her father that losing GJ would mean never being happy, did I really feel HR love GJ in a mature, serious kind of way. The other times seem to really flit between very strong comradeship and sibling affection. In the novel, despite HR & GJ being so young, I am (everytime I do a repeat reading) at HR/GJ relationship development...it's like the maturing of wine.

Despite the sad ending (which actually made it quite bittersweet), I loved Barbara in 'The Foundation'. It was refreshing to see Barbara in the uncharacteristic subservient role. She was so sweet and beautiful. And the way she looked at Miu Kiu Wei/Li Shi Wen when she fell in love with him, I would be like...why wasn't she applying that in ROCH?! She's very expressive with her eyes. And she looked angelic in her handmaiden and long robes/dresses. In ROCH, because she was a martial type of girl, her outfits didn't optimize her femininity. I'm sure if Barbara were donning some long robes/dresses as HR, GJ would spend half the day going gaga!

My rambly thoughts are inspired by this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PniL-Qx_R4A