Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Yung (翁美玲)

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles View Post
    My rambly thoughts are inspired by this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PniL-Qx_R4A
    I can't watch the clip. It's stated - "The url contained a malformed video id." at youtube.

Banned

Barbara Yung is a great actress with talent acting!!

she's great and very cute actress

Her perfect performance in LOCH enables her to make such a connection with the audience. I just finished the series and how I wish she was still here with us, continuing to make good series. I know she would have brought so many characters to life with her outstanding acting.

ps her costumes in loch were so pretty.

bingcute: hi i know its really hard but do you have anymore behind the scene pictures of barbara and felix?
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes View Post
    Her perfect performance in LOCH enables her to make such a connection with the audience.
    she was a one hit wonder... thats all she's famous for - LOCH82!!!

i find it ironic that you guys are discussing a dead actress that probably way before your time
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr View Post
    she was a one hit wonder... thats all she's famous for - LOCH82!!!

i find it ironic that you guys are discussing a dead actress that probably way before your time

Net, dear, there is nothing wrong about commemorating the dead.

Btw, I don't think she is a one hit wonder. She got most fame from Hoang Rong, but she got other series in as well . Fearless Duo, Chor Lau Heung, Rough Ride, The FOundation.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

To me, she is the best Wong Yung ever, no one has managed to surpass her so far (IMHO ). I think she's good in Rough Ride and the Foundation too (really dislike Miu Kiu Wai in there, )
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 06-12-07 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    To me, she is the best Wong Yung ever, no one has managed to surpass her so far (IMHO ). I think she's good in Rough Ride and the Foundation too (really dislike Miu Kiu Wai in there, )
    Dont' like MKW in FOundation.. but he was still so handsome I actually always like the pairing of MKW and Barbara
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I like her CLassic LOCH '82 series a lot. She performed very excellent. Such a very memorable role of her.

i watched almost all the series she is in, except the rough ride.
    i saw all the wuxia/ancient ones she was in..

i realy liked the "GREAT DUO" she was cute with Michael.
    i also liked..... the foundation, except for the part Michael killed her )';

LOVEEEEEED legend of the condor heroes, loved her & felix. they were super cute, cuz their heights was similar. it seemed awkward how she was really short compared to Michael. but still loveable (;

didn't she like appeared in the battlefield? my mom said she did.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Yeah, I hated the part where Micheal Mui killed her in 'The Foundation.' But I loved the part where Micheal displayed his jealousy and told Barbara that she needs to remember she can never leave him. He was so handsome!

i loved that part! but deep down when i was watching, i knew she should have been with felix (;

i liked the "DUO" one where, she was paired up with Michael. how they had to die, and the other had to find their reincarnated forms. so cute & the when they were both old.. (; cuuteee

i DON'T LIKE Foundation so sad she dies at the end.

Fan Bing Bing english forum
    http://www.voy.com/44685/

Fan Bing Bing Official
    http://wwwbingbingfan.com

i liked foundation, the plot, and twists. it was like a chinese-series of law&order for me (:

I am collecting Barbara Yung's series right now. I can say that is an expensive hobby to undertake. But I didn't realized how much I had missed her acting until I rewatch LOCH and then Foundation, and then the Fearless Duo. I just love her chemistry with Micheal Miu. It's no wonder that out of 8 series she had done, she costarred as a couple with Micheal Miu in 4 of them. One couldn't help but wonder if there was any romance involved between MB since they costarred one series after another. It's not hard to imagine that the time they spent together and protraying lovers, they can't but fall in love.

After I watched three of their series with 2 as couple, I find that Micheal Miu chemistry with other costars were less intense. It's like there is no spark or longing in his eyes like he had shown for Barbara. Only Sharon Yang Pan Pan come somewhat close to the chemistry of MB. What surprise me is the lack of chemistry between Jamie chik and Micheal Miu in 'Dragon Sword'. They were real life couple and yet the chemistry was as dry as dust.

With Barbara's death, not only see the decline of Tong Jun Yip's career but also the gradual decline of Micheal Miu's. There was once an article on Micheal Miu's acting career and how his acting and chemistry with other costars were less intense after Barbara's death. There was no longer the passion in his eyes like he had shown for Barbara. Whether that is true or not is hard to say, what is noticeable is that Barbara really brought out the best acting in Micheal. Of course, that is my opinion.

yea i agree with you and the "SPARK IN HIS EYES" with Barbara.. i watched alot of his series, too including dragon sword... and his costars didn't get the spark in the eye look. like in Fearless Duo.

the series i really liked the two in, that made me thought they were really dating was Chor Lu Heung/So Luu Huong. (;

the only one i didn' tsee was the Rough Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    yea i agree with you and the "SPARK IN HIS EYES" with Barbara.. i watched alot of his series, too including dragon sword... and his costars didn't get the spark in the eye look. like in Fearless Duo.

the series i really liked the two in, that made me thought they were really dating was Chor Lu Heung/So Luu Huong. (;

the only one i didn' tsee was the Rough Ride.
    I owned the series, although it's the vcd version with plenty of scenes taken out. The way Micheal Miu looked at Barbara gave me goose bump because it was so intense. I once read that after CLH rumor were circulated that they were dating. Gosh, wouldn't that be awesome if that was the case. Not that I don't like Jamie Chik. She's beautiful but her acting is boring. Perhaps it's because she never gotten a really good role and a breakthrough role to showcase her talent but as far as I can remember the series she was in was pretty much boring or doesn't fit her. Like I said before, her role in 'Dragon Sword' didn't fit her at all. As a matter of fact, since Barbara was already dead by that time, Amy Chan would have better fit that role than Jamie. I think Jamie should have switch roles with Amy because Jamie couldn't bring the spoil and mischievous part at all. I feel she was totally miscasted. Also, Micheal acting was at best mediocre in the series. It's a far cry from his acting in CLH.

And don't you think it's ironic that Jamie Chik is Micheal's real life girlfriend and yet have zilch chemistry on screen with Micheal?

she's his reallife girlfriend? the one in dragon sword? whoa. i dont see any SPARK! lol.

hey does anyone know the vietnamese title of "thirteen sisters" barbara was in that series right?

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    she's his reallife girlfriend? the one in dragon sword? whoa. i dont see any SPARK! lol.

hey does anyone know the vietnamese title of "thirteen sisters" barbara was in that series right?
    Well, they got married in 89 or 90 and have two children: one boy and one girl. Sorry I don't know the vietnamese name for the serie. '13 sisters was barbara's first serie.
    Her debut in that serie was what made the director to cast her as Wong Yung in LOCH.

In 'Dragon Sword' Jamie was Micheal second lover, before Amy Chan. I know, like I said zero chemistry. Hard to understand why.

i gotta re-watch "Dragon Sword" now, because i'm kind of lost. lol (:

yea my mom wants to get the 13 sisters, the rough ride, and the modern series with michael miu where she has a twin [name just left my mind]

what happened to her website, it used to be all pink and nice music playing and now the whole site in in chinese. )'; tha heck? i cant even read chinese.

ohm, what is this "the sandwich man?" it says she played a role in that series/movie. i'm not sure what it is.