View Poll Results: Which ones do you like?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • TVB

12 48.00%
  • EEG

2 8.00%
  • Movie Stars

11 44.00%

Thread: Which ones do you like?

Default Which ones do you like?

I think in Hong Kong entertainment circle, people are divided into 3 general areas. The TVB actor/actresses, movie stars, and singers (like EEG artists). I know I know, people can do two or more things at once like TVB actress could sing, make series and movies. But generally, they're divided in three groups and they have different activities that they attend to.

TVB
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2005/10/14/tvb1.jpg')
    Singers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6880/3ch1.jpg')
    Movie Stars examples...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20030902/ent/0902enew01b2.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200512/29/images/1228_B45.jpg')

Soo... which ones do you like?
    Louis and Jessica Forever

I like quite a number of them, but they could all be in different groups. By the way, Andy Lau could be considered to be in the singer group too.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I like specific artists rather than whole groups.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

same opinion w/ Lady Zhuge

Same opinion here.

Movie Stars are miles ahead of the TVB and most of the new crap singers.

Quote Originally Posted by *aLySsA4eVa*
    Same opinion here.
    me too

Movie Stars .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Movie stars seem to get the most acclaim everywhere, and many of the successful series stars have crossed over, i.e. Zhou Xun, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok, etc. You get a lot more international acclaim for being a movie star and more people can appreciate your works, whereas series are more limited (they could get subtitled, but most likely your fame stays in Asia). Even in the US, successful TV drama stars don't earn as much as the top movie stars.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Movie stars seem to get the most acclaim everywhere, and many of the successful series stars have crossed over, i.e. Zhou Xun, Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok, etc. You get a lot more international acclaim for being a movie star and more people can appreciate your works, whereas series are more limited (they could get subtitled, but most likely your fame stays in Asia). Even in the US, successful TV drama stars don't earn as much as the top movie stars.
    Zhou xun movie star??? Yeah, she was Perhaps Love and The Banquet and a few other smaller movies, but she's far from being a movie star. In my opinion, she was always series actress until recently breaking into the film industry. Stars like Andy, Tony, Jackie, Stephen, Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Cecilia, are what I consider as movie stars.

She's been making movies since 1996, and a lot of her movies have gained international acclaims, i.e. SuZhou River. The Banquet, Beijing Bicycle, etc. WEll SuZhou River was the biggie that started off her film career and that was in 2000. I think she's not as popular simply because she doesn't do blockbusters like Vicki or Zhang Zi Yi (So Close, Shaolin Soccer, Rush Hour type of movies), so people don't reocgnize her as much. I haven't seen her in a series since April Rhapsody.

The Pampered Wife (CHINA 1996)
    Temptress Moon (CHINA 1996)
    The Emperor and the Assassin (CHINA 1998)
    Suzhou River (CHINA 2000)
    Bejing Bicycle (CHINA 2001)
    Hollywood Hong Kong (2002)
    The Little Chinese Seamstress (CHINA 2002)
    Baober in Love (CHINA 2004)
    The Beauty Remains (USA/CHINA 2004)
    A West Lake Moment (CHINA 2005)
    Perhaps Love (2005)
    The Banquet (CHINA 2006)

I wouldn't call Vicki a movie star either. Vicki mostly did series. She tried the whole transition to movies things. With the exception of Shaolin Soccer in which she played a small supporting role, practically all her other movies flopped at the box office. So she went back to series like Moments in Peking and Fast Track Love.

I know there are confusions, but I think people like Andy Lau would be considered a movie star because he makes more movies and is more famous because of his movies. Cecilia Cheung is a singer and a movie star, but she's more famous as a movie star and people usually know her as a movie star, so she'll be counted as movie star. Other people like Twins sing, make movies and series. But they're more popular as singers and they're known for their songs and they are signed under the EEG contract.
    So basically what they're famous for.
    And for people who likes people from more than one group, what is your general preference?
    Louis and Jessica Forever

andy lau could be TVB too, he was in TVB series before. and isnt EEG juss a music company? theres other music company too. but i voted for TVB cause i like series the best, although chinese pop music are pretty good too
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!