+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: "Goo Goo, Goo Goo" (another wuxia song parody)

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,567

    Default "Goo Goo, Goo Goo" (another wuxia song parody)

    This song can only be sung by the Divine Condor Hero Yeung Gor, to the tune of the Supremes' "Where Did Our Love Go?" Apologies to Diana Ross and the Supremes and the songwriters and musicians at Motown Records.

    Goo goo, goo goo
    Goo goo donít leave me.
    Ooh, please donít leave me.
    All by myself.

    Iíve got this passion, passion flower
    Poison inside me.
    Ooooh, deep inside me
    And it hurts so bad.

    You saved me from Taoists
    So tenderly,
    With those tiny needles
    That sting like honeybees.

    Now Iíve lost my arm
    And youíre going to leave your Gor-yee.
    You now wanna leave.
    Ooooh, you wanna leave me.

    Goo goo, goo goo
    Where did goo goo go?
    And of all your promises
    Of a love forevermore.

    Iíve got this passion, passion flower
    Poison inside me.
    Ooooh, deep inside me
    And it hurts so bad.

    Before we left the Tomb
    You were emotionless
    Now that weíre out here
    Isnít life a mess?

    Goo goo, goo goo
    Goo goo donít leave me.
    Ooh, please donít leave me.
    All by myself.

  2. #2
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,031

    Default

    OK, that's just too much.... and the sad part is, that's how Yang Guo is portrayed in wuxia adaptions (contrary to the cool character in the novel).
    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    So what if 1000 arrows are targetted at our wuxia hero? LHC's missile breaking stance can deflect thousands of projectiles in 1 stance and send them back to the enemy. The more arrows the better!

  3. #3
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    oh my

    it would be something if you could get Yeung Gor to record himself singing this and post it up for us to hear

  4. #4
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    oh my

    it would be something if you could get Yeung Gor to record himself singing this and post it up for us to hear
    We'll have to form a band to back him.

    Gwok Jing on drums.

    East Heretic Wong Yerk See on winds.

    West Poison Au Yeung Fung on guitar.

    The Golden Wheel Monk on cymbals.

    Chow Bak Tung will handle keyboards and bass at the same time (Left/Right Hand Technique).

    Just tell your Gor-yee not to use the ROAR, OK? The microphones won't be able to handle it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    ^

    can we use this picture as the album cover?


  6. #6
    Senior Member Bangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    LOL! The song sounds like a baby! Goo goo!

  7. #7
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    ^

    can we use this picture as the album cover?

    That'll be perfect.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    hahaha

    well, lucky for you guys I sound just like Andy Lau when I sing. But I don't think it is a good idea, can you imagine the amount of heartbroken groupies I will leave behind if we release this record? On the upside, this song might bring world peace...

  9. #9
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    hahaha

    well, lucky for you guys I sound just like Andy Lau when I sing. But I don't think it is a good idea, can you imagine the amount of heartbroken groupies I will leave behind if we release this record?
    But imagine the limousines...the trashed hotel rooms...the million dollar advances! We'll be able to bathe in lui yee hung!

  10. #10
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,948

    Talking

    hahaha....geez... I think with all the wuxia parody songs you've got posted...you've really xiao ao jiang hu.

    Have you thought of maybe merging all the parodies together into one thread?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  11. #11
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    21,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Have you thought of maybe merging all the parodies together into one thread?
    When I get enough of them, yes. It'll be a greatest hits album.

  12. #12
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    well, lucky for you guys I sound just like Andy Lau when I sing.
    PROVE IT!!!!!


  13. #13
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    PROVE IT!!!!!

    Hey Gugu, whose the green/blue eyed girl in your avatar?


    Hey Ken,

    Goo Goo? You know there's a group called the Goo Goo Dolls?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  14. #14
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Gugu, whose the green/blue eyed girl in your avatar?

    why does everyone ask me that? you're the 5th person i believe. the girl in my avatar is Song Hye Kyo.. she's the lead actress from the korean series FullHouse. and no, that is not her real eye color, i photoshopped it. want green/blue or any colored eyes? just PM me your pic and i'll change the color for you

  15. #15
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Gugu, whose the green/blue eyed girl in your avatar?


    Hey Ken,

    Goo Goo? You know there's a group called the Goo Goo Dolls?
    Goo Goo Dolls have some good songs.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    PROVE IT!!!!!

    In order for me to sound just like Andy Lau, I have to be in sad mode. So if I am near you, my heart is full of happiness, so I can't deliver my true singing in front of you.

  17. #17
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    13,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    why does everyone ask me that? you're the 5th person i believe. the girl in my avatar is Song Hye Kyo.. she's the lead actress from the korean series FullHouse. and no, that is not her real eye color, i photoshopped it. want green/blue or any colored eyes? just PM me your pic and i'll change the color for you
    Humans are curious creatures, ya know? Haha. I couldn't recognize who that was. You keep changing your avatar, you should be pleased that we even take an interest in the identity of your avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    In order for me to sound just like Andy Lau, I have to be in sad mode. So if I am near you, my heart is full of happiness, so I can't deliver my true singing in front of you.
    Ah, excuses! Excuses~! Spoken like a true male, always saying stuff but never following through, Gugu, leave him for somebody else.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  18. #18
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    In order for me to sound just like Andy Lau, I have to be in sad mode. So if I am near you, my heart is full of happiness, so I can't deliver my true singing in front of you.
    i'll leave for a few days if you're willing to record

    (i know some people will bleed from internal injury or simply just tell us to get a room. all i have to say is, you're all just JEALOUS! )


    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Humans are curious creatures, ya know? Haha. I couldn't recognize who that was. You keep changing your avatar, you should be pleased that we even take an interest in the identity of your avatar.
    i wasn't trying to sound annoyed, sorry. it just made me laugh that many of you have asked me about my avatar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Ah, excuses! Excuses~! Spoken like a true male, always saying stuff but never following through, Gugu, leave him for somebody else.
    no, i will die if i leave my Gor-yee. there is no one else for me. my heart has no room left for anyone.
    Last edited by GuGu; 01-03-07 at 02:59 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Yeung Gor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    i'll leave for a few days if you're willing to record

    (i know some people will bleed from internal injury or simply just tell us to get a room. all i have to say is, you're all just JEALOUS! )
    As long as you're willing to believe the voice is mine instead of the real Andy Lau. You won't be able to tell us apart.

  20. #20
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    As long as you're willing to believe the voice is mine instead of the real Andy Lau. You won't be able to tell us apart.
    why don't you record it, and put it up for people on SPCNET to judge? but to me, your voice will be better than Andy Lau's

    i'm at my 300th post!!!! **freaks out** <---for YG and Sparky

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-14, 02:30 AM
  2. Could Dook Goo 1 Hok (LSF) handle Dook Goo 9 Swords?
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-10, 02:54 PM
  3. "Wuxia Girls" (a song parody)
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-06, 08:43 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-21-06, 10:01 AM
  5. Dook Goo Kau Bai vs. Dook Goo 1 Hok
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-05, 02:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts