Thread: DGSD Contradictions about MRB and JMZ's encounters

Default DGSD Contradictions about MRB and JMZ's encounters

I'm curious about something, was it during this time that MRB gave JMZ the Shaolin arts that the former stole? Did JMZ know all along that MRB had not died? Or else how did he know where to find him?

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    Jiumozhi trading cards? Old PJ, you are great.

But which JMZ is on the cards? The coal miner from DGSD 2003, or a more "jade faced" JMZ? Are there pictures of JMZ demonstrating Huo Yan Dao and some of the 72 Shaolin arts?
    I heard that its the 2003 Jiumozhi wearing a loincloth and doing the Mr Universe double-bicep pose...
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

The guy who played JMZ in DGSD 03 was the same guy that played GWM in roch 06. The person that acted as XZ was cast as Huo Du

I wanted to see Duan Yu as Da ErBa but that didn't happen...oh well...
    Still searching for my GuGu

Quote Originally Posted by junzi
    I'm curious about something, was it during this time that MRB gave JMZ the Shaolin arts that the former stole? Did JMZ know all along that MRB had not died? Or else how did he know where to find him?
    MRB never told JMZ he was planning a fake death, he even fooled his own wife.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Jiumozhi thought that Murong Bo was dead the whole time. This means that Murong Bo must have secretly started learning Shaolin's 72 Supreme Arts before he faked his death. Because when they met, which happened before Murong Bo's fake death, Murong Bo already knew enough about the 72 arts that he strategically let Jiumozhi practice all 72 arts. Apparently, this all happened about 30 years ago, when Jiumozhi was just a teenage boy, and Xiao Feng was 1 year old.

Now, please pardon me, but could there possibly be some contradictions here? Because, according to legend, Murong Fu should be in his 20s while Xiao Feng was about 30 years old. But if 30 years ago, when Murong Bo died, Murong Fu was already old enough to verify that Murong Bo was really dead in the coffin, doesn't that mean Murong Fu should be at least 5 years of age or older? Roughly speaking of course.

Another possibility is that Murong Bo didn't "die" 30 years ago, more like 25. But then, that would mean it took 5 years for Wang Jiantong, Xuanci etc to track him down? That doesn't make much sense either.

(All According to the second edition, of course)
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Eh? I thought MRF was also in his 30s.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think some of the surprising invitees were actually not invited. They probably showed up without being invited.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Eh? I thought MRF was also in his 30s.
    I think when Xiao Feng first met Duan Yu, he said that Murong Fu should be in his 20s. Of course he could have been wrong.

Also I think it's a bit weird to imagine a 15 year old Jiumozhi practicing the 72 supreme arts of shaolin! the imagery doesn't seem right.

It's likely that JMZ did not immediately practice the 72 Arts, but rather practiced his Tibetan stuff first and worked his way up to the 72 arts.

OK, I verified in the novel, Murong Fu was indeed described to be around 27 years old. So, there definitely seems to be some contradictions (from the 2nd edition) about Murong Bo/Jiumozhi's timing of events.

段誉又想:“难道刚才那白子是慕容公子所发?这位慕容公子,今日我终于要见到了?”但听得笑声清朗,一株松 树后转了两个人出来。段誉登时眼前一黑,耳中作响,嘴里发苦,全身生热。这人娉娉婷婷,缓步而来,正是他朝 思暮想、无时或忘的王语嫣。她满脸倾慕爱恋之情,痴痴的瞧着她身旁一个青年公子。段誉顺着她目光看去,但见那人二十七八岁年纪,身穿淡黄轻衫,腰悬长剑,飘然而来,面目俊美,潇洒闲雅。段誉一见之下,身上冷了半截,眼圈一红,险些便 要流下泪来,心道:“人道慕容公子是人中龙凤,果然名不虚传。唉,我一生一世,命中是注定要受 苦受难了。”

I also pasted Duan Yu's amusing reaction to the gracefulness of Murong Fu.

Furthermore, Contrary to chapter 43's hint that Jiumozhi had met Murong Bo 30 years ago, chapter 45 suggests that the two had met rather recently:

直到此刻求生不得,求死不能,方始明白慕容博用心之恶毒:“他在少林寺中隐伏数十年,暗中定然曾听到寺僧谈起少林绝技不可尽练。那一日他与我邂逅相遇。他对我武功才略心存忌意,便将这些绝技 秘诀送了给我。一来是要我试上一试,且看尽练之后有何后患;

This passage hints that Murong Bo had already hid in Shaolin for 20+ years before giving Jiumozhi's manuals.

I think the second edition of DGSD really contained quite a few ambiguous or flat out contradictrary details pertaining to Jiumozhi. How/when/where he learned Little Formless Skill, is never mentioned. When he met Murong Bo, remains sketchy and unpredictable.

Yup, those parts about JMZ and MRB puzzled me too.

Anyone read the third edition? Are the contradictions resolved?

Hi Ken, can you split the off-topic posts about Jiumozhi/Murong Bo contradictions into a new topic, titled "DGSD Contradictions about MRB and JMZ's encounters". I think the discussion deserves a topic of its own. Thank yee very much.