Thread: Did Chow Chi Yerk continue practicing the 9 Yum Jen Ging after HSDS?

Default Did Chow Chi Yerk continue practicing the 9 Yum Jen Ging after HSDS?

With her limited training in the 9 Yum Jen Ging, Chow Chi Yerk was only able to attain a martial arts level around that of the more powerful Mo Dong Heroes by the end of HSDS. She was still young, however. Do you think she continued training in the 9 Yum Jen Ging post-HSDS and eventually became a Greats level fighter? I think she gave the 9 Yum Jen Ging manual to Cheung Mo Gei before the story ended, but she could have memorized the text as so many others before her (i.e. East Heretic Wong Yerk See's wife, Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, etc.) had.

My dream is that she forms a dream team with Zhu Yuan Zhang. She uses her remaining wishes that ZWJ owes her to lure him into a trap. He is drugged and killed for conspiracy to commit treason.
    This account is retired.

What evil thoughts are lurking in that mind?

I havn't read HSDS because it hasn't been fully translated, but I have recently finished watching HSDS '03.

I thought the problem wasn't that Zhou Zhirou didn't have enough time, but rather every time she reached a particular point in her training, she encountered a problem of internal energy building up in her dan tian. What she probably needed was expert guidance rather than more time.

And how exactly does one copy an entire manual onto a single piece of cloth?

Lol yea that wasn't very realistic... considering it was both internal/external while 9 yang had 3 books -.-" I believe ZZR just rushed her training and obviously needed more time.. not to mention she skipped internal straight to techniques.. and in some of the techniques it required internal energy but ZZR didn't have any training on internal yet so therefore she had to probably force internal energy that she didn't have which gave her a higher chance of fire deviating AND being weaker in battle.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by puff_ng
    I havn't read HSDS because it hasn't been fully translated, but I have recently finished watching HSDS '03.

I thought the problem wasn't that Zhou Zhirou didn't have enough time, but rather every time she reached a particular point in her training, she encountered a problem of internal energy building up in her dan tian. What she probably needed was expert guidance rather than more time.

And how exactly does one copy an entire manual onto a single piece of cloth?
    its not full version but a compact version only - little bit about 9 Yin which also content Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zao, a stupid decision by GJ (or JY) considering what will happen to people who learn it without proper guidance, guess GJ (and JY) forgot about MCF. Well, JY just use it as plot-device to turn ZZR into an evil person.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    Lol yea that wasn't very realistic... considering it was both internal/external while 9 yang had 3 books -.-" I believe ZZR just rushed her training and obviously needed more time.. not to mention she skipped internal straight to techniques.. and in some of the techniques it required internal energy but ZZR didn't have any training on internal yet so therefore she had to probably force internal energy that she didn't have which gave her a higher chance of fire deviating AND being weaker in battle.
    According to Senior Master Athena, in the 3rd edition of HSDS, Jin Yong modified this unreasonable detail to make the novel more logical. In stead of concealing the 2 manuals: 9 Yin and Yue Fei's art of war in the 2 precious weapons as in the 2nd edition and in TV adaptations, the Guo couple now put into the 2 weapons 2 metallic maps guiding how to find the Peach Blossom Island and the whereabouts of the 2 manuals in that island.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

is that so? if that the case, the novel would be a lot longer than the previous edition?
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

well, I don't think so, as Senior Master Athena wrote in the thread "3rd edition changes", instead of staying in the Holy Snake Island with Wuji and Xie Xun, Zhou Zhirou left them there, then she disappeared for 3 months to search for the Peach Blossom Island and the 2 manuals.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Did Emei Sect die a "natural death" after HSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Did Emei Sect die a "natural death" after HSDS?
    It was still around during the Qing Dynasty hundreds of years later, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It was still around during the Qing Dynasty hundreds of years later, so no.
    During DOMD? Who is the Emei leader then?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    During DOMD? Who is the Emei leader then?
    I don't know about specific appearances by Ngor Mei Sect in Jin Yong's universe post-SPW, but the "big three" of Shaolin, Mo Dong, and Ngor Mei generally do exist in wuxia lore up through the Qing Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    My dream is that she forms a dream team with Zhu Yuan Zhang. She uses her remaining wishes that ZWJ owes her to lure him into a trap. He is drugged and killed for conspiracy to commit treason.
    Zhao Ming dumped ZWJ and married one of ZYZ's son. I guess she delivered ZWJ head to ZYZ as a gift.