Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zhen Guan Chang Ge [Tang Guo Qiang, Chen Bao Guo, Nie Yuan, Zhang Lan Lan]

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    is this an action series or more of drama? any good action scenes? theres got to be action in here besides politics and love right? the casting and the costumes looks nice really want to watch can t wait til its dub in cambodian or vietnamese.
    This is a historical drama, so drama more than action. Most of the action occurs during war.

I just started this series. it's really good. I love TGQ's part in it. He's always perfect as the emperor.

Please don't tell me you bought this. I told you we bought it in China. If that's the case there's no point buying DVDs from China in the first place and carrying it all the way overseas.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

the pictures looks nice.....ive always have this soft spot for historical drama/movies, and especially so when it involves royalties....

but looking at the number of episodes somehow makes me go

i watched this on the tour bus in xinjiang. half-asleep and lots of skipping around. i don't remember any of the characters' names except for an kang.

potential spoiler....

what happenned after the crown prince's wife got pregnant with the other prince's kid and had a miscarriage?

i think that's about where we stopped. i don't know much history either, so no clue who's real and who's fictional.
    by the way, who's the actress for the crown prince's wife? she looks quite pretty and delicate.

I'm looking into watching more historical dramas, and i was wondering how closely this series follows Chinese history. I'm really big on historical accuracy, and since I live in North America, dramas are one of the only ways I can learn about it (I can't read Chinese well enough to read books).

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by JWalnut View Post
    I'm looking into watching more historical dramas, and i was wondering how closely this series follows Chinese history. I'm really big on historical accuracy, and since I live in North America, dramas are one of the only ways I can learn about it (I can't read Chinese well enough to read books).

Thanks!!
    If historical accuracy is that important to you, I would go for Zhen Guan Zhi Zhi instead.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Does anyone know where I can watch the series w/ English subtitles? I can't really understand Mandarin.

I wish to buy the DVD set of this drama serial, with ENGLISH subtitles. Can anyone direct me to any website from where I can buy the DVDs? I understand the drama was telecast by CCTV earlier and now Asia Business Television. Alternatively, if the drama can be downloaded from any website or youtube? English subtitles please.

Thanks!

Who is the lead in this series if not Nie Yuan

Tang Guo Qiang and Zhang Lan Lan.

anybody where I can find this series in English sub or vietnamese

I watched it in its entirety [all 82 episodes]. It was good overall. But I think the Ankang part was played more like a caricature of a historical princess. Her acting didn't impress me, especially early on.

The role of the daughter of the 4th class minister who the queen tried matching to the king as a concubine was mis-cast. Although she was a good actress, she was cast in the role initially as a 16 year old girl, but has the face of a 40 year old woman in my opinion. So it seemed a bit comical to see that old face pretending to be a teen girl.

I watched it in its entirety [all 82 episodes]. It was good overall. But I think the Ankang part was played more like a caricature of a historical princess. Her acting didn't impress me, especially early on.

The role of the daughter of the 4th class minister who the queen tried matching to the king as a concubine was mis-cast. Although she was a good actress, she was cast in the role initially as a 16 year old girl, but has the face of a 40 year old woman in my opinion. So it seemed a bit comical to see that old face pretending to be a teen girl.