Thread: My Girl

Thumbs up My Girl

Anybody hasn't seen this drama? If you haven't, I recommend you to do so. It's really great and I enjoyed the drama very much.

Lee Da Hae embraced the character of Yoo Rin, the con girl, so well and unlike her previous roles in dramas such as "Green Rose", you really see the feisty, lively and comical girl here. She's really talented. You know she's an opportunist and a cheat yet one empathises with her and wants her to get the man she loves.

Lee Dong Wok who plays Dong Gan, the heir apparent to the hotel empire, plays an opposite character from Yoo Rin. She fibs so well but Dong Gan does not and never lies. Yet in order to save his grandfather, Dong Gan employed Yoo Rin to be his 'cousin'.

Another interesting character here is Lee Jun Ki, the androgynous actor who acted in the movie "The King and the Clown". Lee played the other guy, Seong Woo who fell in love with Yoo Rin. Lee acted so well here that he actually almost took the limelight away from Dong Gan. When I first watched the drama, I felt that he looked too pretty for a competitor male character but after some time, his looks is the type that grows on you - hmm....kind of like him too after some time. I would have loved it if he's more aggressive in trying to conquer Yoo Rin's love. But somehow, he's the good guy in this drama who is always there for Yoo Rin. Since he's Dong Gan's good friend since childhood, I felt that he gave in too easily. But given his role, I think he did well.

All the main characters here are eye-candy. So even Dong Gun's ex-girlfriend, the famous Korean tennis player - Sae Hyun. She can't really act so well, but one tends to forgive her. Her character is pretty one dimensional here. Not really evil and she eventually relented and realised that she did not lose to Yoo Rin but lost to love. She's really quite pretty! But Lee Da Hae is sweeter anytime.