Thread: Why did Little Li never became a royal official?

Default Why did Little Li never became a royal official?

Little Dagger Li took the scholar test and got third place. Yet he never took the position of royal official? How come?

1. He never really wanted to. He took it so that hopefully fulfill his father's wishes that one of his sons will rank higher than third place.

2. He realized what a terrible people royal officials turn out to be.

3. The whole Lin Shi Yin thing killed any motivations of him doing anything.

Was LXH intentions of taking the test only to somehow hopefully break the spell and rank higher than third place?

Is it just me, or did Li's father and brother also died shortly thereafter because he was disappointed that his last hope did not get higher than third place as well?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

he was an official for a period but when a fellow official wrote a missive to the emperor that little li was currupt, he quit officialdom. he was innocent and the emperor dismissed the charges. the official latter became a monk at shaolin and he was one of the elders that little li took hostage.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I don't remember the becoming an official for a short period part, but I think LXH purposely squandered his reputation cuz he wanted Lin to leave him and be with Long. Long fell in love with Lin and told Li. Li felt obligated to let his friend have her even though he also loved Lin and Lin loved him, so instead of telling Lin his dilemma, he decided to make himself look bad.
    This account is retired.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

by the timelinof the novel, LHX already left government service way before he met L4X and left for the western lands.

Xin Shu's peaceful expression changed a bit, as if trying to hide some pain.

Then he sighed, his face filled with sorrow, whether for the deceased or for him, no one knows.

Li Xun Huan looked at his wine cup, then also sighed. "To be honest, I didn't expect you to be the one to save me this time."

Xin Shu said, "I didn't save you."

Li Xun Huan said, "Fourteen years ago, I resigned from my government post, although the official reason is because I was tired of being in politics, the reality is, if you hadn't written that scripture saying that I have dirty dealings with bandits, my mind would not have been so set."

Xin Shu closed his eyes, then said, "The old power-hungry Hu Yun Ji has long died, why do you bring him up again?"

Li Xun Huan said, "You're right. Once one enters the monastery, he's a different person. Still, I would never believe that you'd be the one to save me today."
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 01-10-07 at 01:59 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/