Thread: HK 2006 Television Series Ranked

Default HK 2006 Television Series Ranked

HK 2006 Television Series Ranked

Despite there being a lot more pay television available, TVB and ATV still provide the bulk of television entertainment to Hong Kong citizens. The series broadcasted on prime time from Monday to Friday are supported by over 2 million viewers daily. Rating at first place, this year, is TVB’s “La Femme Desperado” 女人唔易做. The drama on single mothers received an average rating of 33 points (2.1 million viewers) and reached a high of 41 points.

In second place comes Hong Kong’s version of “CSI”, “Forensic Heroes” 法證先鋒, which had average ratings of 32.7 points and received the highest ratings of 43 points for its ending episode.

Mainland’s “The Saviour of the Soul” 神鵰俠侶 came 3rd place, receiving an average of 32.1 points and reached a high of 41 points. The leads of the drama, Huang Xiaoming and Liu Yifei’s popularity soared and their Hong Kong fan bases grew during the broadcasting of this series.

In fourth and fifth place are “Love Guaranteed” 愛情全保 and “Bar Bender” 潮爆大狀, both small and under promoted productions. TVB’s best female actress, Charmaine Sheh’s “Maidens Vow” came sixth place despite being one of the most promoted series of the year.

TVB’s grand productions rated quite lowly compared to the smaller productions. Both “Dance of Passion” 火舞黃沙 and “To Grow with Love” 肥田囍事 rated lower than “Pain of Men” 男人之苦 and came eighth and ninth. “Safe Guards” 鐵血保鏢came tenth.

As for the two lowest rating programs broadcasted during prime time, were “Hail the Judge” 棟篤狀王 and “Weapons of Love and Passion” 覆雨翻雲. The popular Dayo Wong failed to entertain and his series only received an average rating of 21.86 points. While the star studded “Weapons of Love and Passion” featuring Charmaine Sheh, Sonijia Kwok, Raymond Lam and Bosco Wong came second last.
    i can always make you smile!!!

hmm, too bad grow with love didn't do so well.. i tot it was pretty good..

wow, la femme desp did so well? I din reali like the series.. Prefer Forensic Heroes...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

The English title for 神鵰俠侶 is "The Saviour of the Soul" ?

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    Yep. They changed it. I think it sounds very corny. Reminds me of some anime. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee
    Yep. They changed it. I think it sounds very corny. Reminds me of some anime. -.-
    It is worse than corny. It is nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    hmm, too bad grow with love didn't do so well.. i tot it was pretty good..

wow, la femme desp did so well? I din reali like the series.. Prefer Forensic Heroes...
    To Grow With Love sux. I didn't even finish watching it. It has a terrible main character (I mean the character Fei Tin, not Myolie) and a very wrong message.

La Femme Desperado might not be a perfect series, but it's way better than Top Grow With Love.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by convoy
    the movie version of the film staring andy lau and anita mui was also called 'the saviour of the soul'. aaron kwork also stared in it as sum really weird blue guy.

i didn't particularly like LFD, the main female character was annoying and very unlikable to me. i prefered forensic heroes. to grow with love was very bad it deserves its place, but i would have thought LWOLP would have had a higher rating, since theres so many famous ppl in it. and the story was written by the same person who did TOB and ASTP.
    Last edited by Linda; 01-31-07 at 06:04 PM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.