Thread: Isn't Tai Chi almost a martial arts allegory for Cheung Mo Gei's philosophical views?

Default Isn't Tai Chi almost a martial arts allegory for Cheung Mo Gei's philosophical views?

In wuxia fiction, martial arts are often tied in philosophy or belief systems. That being the case, would you say that Tai Chi martial arts, which Cheung Mo Gei learned from his grandteacher Cheung 3 Fung, reflected Cheung Mo Gei's personal life philosophy as well. Cheung Mo Gei has been described as flexible and passive. He avoids confrontation and bends according to the direction of force to achieve a greater good. This is how he was able to win over the Six Orthodox Sects at Gwong Ming Peak. Because he was merciful and gracious, the Six Orthodox Sects could not hold on to any enmity against him; they admired him, and his great spirit at such a young age frankly shamed a number of them.

Tai Chi martial arts are just like that: they don't meet force with force. They absorb and redirect force. That sounds very much like Cheung Mo Gei's approach to life.

I think JY adept his characters to their MA or vice versa often. ZWJ has almost just MA that are "defensive". That goes well with his persona (as KC pointed out).

And lets take HL18/28P, it a straigth forward, non nonsens, hard skill. Sounds alot like XF and GJ to me. Sad palm is quite complex and so is YG.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

well, kinda agree on that part.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com