Thread: Weapons of Power 《英雄貴姓》

Default Weapons of Power 《英雄貴姓》

hey. i watch SUPER old movies;; the new one i watched was weapons of power. anh hung nang vai. i tried to do a search NUMEROUS times, and nothing has come up. i managed to find a clip though..

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view653312.html

& found out that leo ku is one of the main actors. <<---- SUPPPPERR cuute.

series, is DRAMAFUL & comedic.

anyways, it's about (the beggining) three martial arts brother, beat this one evil guy... then they have to battle eachother for the position of the leader in their clan (tam tiet tran??) but the youngest of the three, poison's his 2nd brother's weapon and gets the 1st brother poisoned... forcing 1st brother to cut off his arm. then kills their su-tho(??) and blames it on the 2nd brother... who is titled of being a traitor/ in his "last-breaths" he sends his son down the river in a bucket, and ends up jumping off a cliff.

a lady in a little village is by the river with HER baby (tieu diep.. a boy) finds the baby , and names him tieu bon (for the bucket he was found in) and takes the pendent (that identifies him) as payment for food.

20 years later, the boys are grown up and their mom wants them to find a job and SUPPORT her eating habits. (she's a gambler, eats a lot and kind of chubby & tricks people).

anyways question, who is the other leads??

tieu bon's brother?? the one with the muscles & big eyes

the girl tieu phung; i recognized her from tieu ly phi dao w/ eddie kwan. she played the girl that turned evil, and my mom said she play quacht phu (guo fu) ?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 05:59 PM.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Leo's older brother is Terry Fan and the girl that played Quach Phu is Phu Minh Hien (Gigi Fu)

I remember Terry Fan and Angie Cheung paired up together, Leo Ku with Gigi Fu.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    hey. i watch SUPER old movies;; the new one i watched was weapons of power. anh hung nang vai. i tried to do a search NUMEROUS times, and nothing has come up. i managed to find a clip though..

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view653312.html

& found out that leo ku is one of the main actors. <<---- SUPPPPERR cuute.

series, is DRAMAFUL & comedic.

anyways, it's about (the beggining) three martial arts brother, beat this one evil guy... then they have to battle eachother for the position of the leader in their clan (tam tiet tran??) but the youngest of the three, poison's his 2nd brother's weapon and gets the 1st brother poisoned... forcing 1st brother to cut off his arm. then kills their su-tho(??) and blames it on the 2nd brother... who is titled of being a traitor/ in his "last-breaths" he sends his son down the river in a bucket, and ends up jumping off a cliff.

a lady in a little village is by the river with HER baby (tieu diep.. a boy) finds the baby , and names him tieu bon (for the bucket he was found in) and takes the pendent (that identifies him) as payment for food.

20 years later, the boys are grown up and their mom wants them to find a job and SUPPORT her eating habits. (she's a gambler, eats a lot and kind of chubby & tricks people).

anyways question, who is the other leads??

tieu bon's brother?? the one with the muscles & big eyes

the girl tieu phung; i recognized her from tieu ly phi dao w/ eddie kwan. she played the girl that turned evil, and my mom said she play quacht phu (guo fu) ?

I remember being a huge fan of Terry Fan from this series. Wasn't the best of ancient series back in the day, but I still prefer it over the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I remember being a huge fan of Terry Fan from this series. Wasn't the best of ancient series back in the day, but I still prefer it over the new ones.
    my sentiment for the last decade, great ppl think alike.

I remember i laughed so hard during the ROCH parody where Leo was imagining learning the Jade maiden kungfu with Gigi (with XLN hairstyle). He was trying to peek at her then she suddenly jumped up (dressed in her Guo Fu outfit from ROCH 95). Leo smiled and put his arms behind his back and laughed at her, daring her to do something. She chopped off his legs. This was an ok series but i did like Terry Fan from this series. Such a kind, hardworking brother. Didn't really like what Leo Ku became.

well i watched the beginning of this, and the end...such a shame that i missed out the middle but yeah i like leo in here. so cute and funny
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara
    I remember i laughed so hard during the ROCH parody where Leo was imagining learning the Jade maiden kungfu with Gigi (with XLN hairstyle). He was trying to peek at her then she suddenly jumped up (dressed in her Guo Fu outfit from ROCH 95). Leo smiled and put his arms behind his back and laughed at her, daring her to do something. She chopped off his legs. This was an ok series but i did like Terry Fan from this series. Such a kind, hardworking brother. Didn't really like what Leo Ku became.

oh i really LOVED that part, haha. i was laughing because they cut off his foot instead of arms & he was trying to peak through the bushes.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

my first Leo Koo series he is very funny in here.

im looking for the full version of the themesong...anybody got it?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I just recently rewatched this series (the last time I saw it was probably about 10 years ago, more or less). I appreciated it more now than then b/c I can now understand the finer points of the show. I really liked the relationship between Terry and Angie's characters. They were pretty sweet and I liked how all the characters grew during the series in a gradual way. I liked the ending, but I have to wonder, if Leo's daughter was among the top 5 most attractive girls in town, what do all the other girls look like?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default Weapons of Power

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the series or watch it somewhere... i've been trying to look for it for a while but only the main theme shows up... there's nothing about it.. thanks for anyone's help

You didn't find Leo's daughter pretty?!?! XDDDD

I loved this series too! Especially, Terry's character. He was so nice, hardworking, almost perfect!
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

lol...it's been nearly 4 years since I posted in this thread. Glad people still have fond memories of this great show.

Tam_Nguyen, if I was a guy, "she" would not be my cup o' tea.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?