Thread: Fabio Capello leaving Real Madrid?

Default Fabio Capello leaving Real Madrid?

Just my own opinion since he tend to tear teams apart before he says farewell. I'm suspecting he's now doing what he did to Roma some years back.

Since his appointment, Real Madrid honestly hasn't been doing that great. Well, maybe it's got to do with the players' form... but what's with the verbal abusing of Ronaldo, startling first team dropouts, and the more than startling to-sell-list compiled by Fabio Capello?

He's apparently going to load off Beckham, Raul, Cannavaro, Emerson and Guti among others. Apparently he wants to load off Ronaldo too, but did not put him into the list officially because the chairman likes the striker.

Real Madrid's made a couple good signings during the transfer windows but this is getting kind of shady, to me, at least. >__>
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default Don Fabio de la Mancha

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Just my own opinion since he tend to tear teams apart before he says farewell. I'm suspecting he's now doing what he did to Roma some years back.
    What do you mean by "tear teams apart"? I thought his Roma team were pretty impressive at one point - combining imaginative attacking football with defensive solidity and competitive results. I imagine that that - rather than his physical, attritional Juventus - is what Real's board hoped Capello would reproduce at Madrid. (Easier said than done, of course.)

He's apparently going to load off Beckham, Raul, Cannavaro, Emerson and Guti among others. Apparently he wants to load off Ronaldo too, but did not put him into the list officially because the chairman likes the striker.
    To me, that's not a bad 'to-sell list'. All of those are veterans whose glory days are past and who might best be replaced by younger, hungrier, less egotistical players. In particular, I think Capello would've gotten rid of the likes of Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham last summer if he'd had his way (and intended to stay at Real for a few years).

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

u guys probably already heard, but beckham signed with the LA Galaxy for 5 yrs $250M USD. dats the largest contract dat i can remember in US pro sport history.

edit: mabbe A-Rod gets more money but its for longer term i think.

I'm not sure how this new president is, but I know under Perez there was no way Capello would've had the freedom to run things his way. I think that's what Capello needs. TBH, however, I can never see Raul ever leaving Madrid. The board would never allow it.

It would be like Javier Zanetti leaving Inter or Del Piero leaving Juve.
    Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    And then the massacre, where the meeting of killing XF, became the gathering of being killed by XF.
    Beautifully put.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey

edit: mabbe A-Rod gets more money but its for longer term i think.
    No Beckham's contract is way more. Alex Rodrigues signed for $250 million over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by owbjhx
    To me, that's not a bad 'to-sell list'. All of those are veterans whose glory days are past and who might best be replaced by younger, hungrier, less egotistical players. In particular, I think Capello would've gotten rid of the likes of Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham last summer if he'd had his way (and intended to stay at Real for a few years).
    Offloading Cannavaro at this point would be very ill advised. But Guti, Ronaldo, Cassano, Raul, and Becks won't be missed much at all. This is the result of all that attention paid to aging attackers. At least now with Gago, Marcelo, Higuain, and others coming in to join the likes of Diarra, Reyes, and Robinho, he is bringing in youth and balance.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

What do you mean by "tear teams apart"? I thought his Roma team were pretty impressive at one point - combining imaginative attacking football with defensive solidity and competitive results. I imagine that that - rather than his physical, attritional Juventus - is what Real's board hoped Capello would reproduce at Madrid. (Easier said than done, of course.)
    He sold quite a number of key players back in Roma before he said 'byebye', and the result was that Roma almost got relegated.

To me, that's not a bad 'to-sell list'. All of those are veterans whose glory days are past and who might best be replaced by younger, hungrier, less egotistical players.
    Care to emphasise on the 'glory days'? If you mean the height of their career and stardom, then maybe yes. But their abilities cannot be denied, and a club like RM needs those older players around, whether you like it or not. The younger players are good, that's no doubt. However, they are still pretty raw, and needs more experience off and onfield, something the veterans could provide.

And those veterans can still play very well.

In particular, I think Capello would've gotten rid of the likes of Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham last summer if he'd had his way (and intended to stay at Real for a few years).
    True. That's why Capello's gross.

And btw, Capello does seems to have a record of dumping clubs when they are in some sort of trouble. Not that Ramon Calderon is any better anyway.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I doubt cannavaro or Raul will go. Raul's a fan favourite even though he isnt producing the goods. What Real Madrid needs is stability, a manager that is going to be staying for longer than a season, Real needs some serious changes to their squad, some of the big stars needs to be shown the door.
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Default Geriatricos

He sold quite a number of key players back in Roma before he said 'byebye', and the result was that Roma almost got relegated.
    Who are you referring to? Roma sold only one notable player before Capello left; the club was desperate for cash (it was at least US$100 million in debt and didn't even have enough money to pay players' wages) and the player wanted to go.

Also, Roma didn't almost get relegated in 2004-2005: they finished 8th. They did lose a lot of matches they should've won, but that was the fault of the new managers (the club went through four of them during the course of the season) not getting the best out of a squad that was still one of the most talented in the world.

Care to emphasise on the 'glory days'? If you mean the height of their career and stardom, then maybe yes. But their abilities cannot be denied, and a club like RM needs those older players around, whether you like it or not. The younger players are good, that's no doubt. However, they are still pretty raw, and needs more experience off and onfield, something the veterans could provide.
    I agree that squads need older players. Just not older players like Ronaldo, Raul and Beckham, who are defined pretty much by their past glory days and not by what they can give here and now, consistently, to the team. And from what's reported of their off-field behaviour, they can only be a bad influence on the youngsters. Whether you like it or not, Capello is the coach, and those three just don't fit into his way of playing.

If I were Capello, I'd pack Ronaldo and Raul off to LA Galaxy too: buy one, get two free.

And btw, Capello does seems to have a record of dumping clubs when they are in some sort of trouble.
    Capello might be a mercenary, but the man got results for Roma and Juventus. He put in 5 years at Roma and I don't see why he should've stuck with Juve, especially given the club's behaviour and the chance to return to Real. And European clubs are very quick to "dump" their managers when the manager is in some sort of trouble, so being "dumped" in return is the least they can expect.

Who to replace him if he were to leave Real Madrid?

Jose Mourinho, Bernd Schuster, Vicente Del Bosque or even Felix Magath?
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Bernd Schuster
    Unless something weird happens (at Chelsea), that's your answer.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I honesty say Capello was not the one to be blamed ,real madrid have too any star and brazillian player ,the reason they fall is the buy those galaticos player like ronaldo .