Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOONG 2 - True Sequel of Goong 1

Wink GOONG 2 - True Sequel of Goong 1

It seems that they plan to make a GOONG 2 that will air probably at the end of the year til next year 2008...details posted in this site http://www.goong2.com/

On 24 November 2006, Eight Peaks (production company of Goong), confirms that the true sequel of Goong season 1 will probably happen in the future! According to Eight Peaks, the original Manwha is still on-going. In fact, they just published the 14th volume (rumor said that the author wanted to end it in volume 12 or something). The production company wants to film the sequel, not the spin-off like the Goong S. In fact, they have already begin the preparations necessary for the sequel since two months ago. And according to the company, the true sequel will air in late 2007 or early 2008.

According to Choi, Kae-yung (one of the executives at the company), “To be quite truthful, Group Eight, the company who is in charge of Goong S, have expressed a strong desire to participate in the production of the sequel of Goong season 1,” he said, “but when the replacement of Eight Peaks staffs took place, we have not heard of anything regarding Goong 2 from Group Eight at all. Since Group Eight is in a middle of producing their own individual drama (Goong S), we want to stick to our original plan and produce the true sequel of Goong season 1″

He also added, “Eight Peaks owns all the right for Goong series. We also have been getting a lot of offer from foreign production companies for the chance to participate in producing the sequel.”

According to the company spokesperson, actors like Yoon Eun Hye and Kim Jeong Hoon will be back in the sequel as well. “Although we understand very well what the fans want, we first have to resolve this dispute with Group Eight properly. Only then we will carry out our plans for Goong 2”.

On 7 December 2006, Eight peaks have announced that they are official taking legal action against Group 8. They state that they have tried to work things out but Group 8 have ignored everything they said and so they have no choice but to take legal action.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Yay,can't wait to watch Goong 2!! Wonder what will happen in Goong 2

Agree, Goong 2 will be my most anticipated k-series for next year then.

Goong 1 was cute, but I don't know, it kind of lacked something, so I'm nt sure if I'll want to watch a part 2. And not mention, Goong S is already going about, it'd be pretty boring watching the same topic over and over again. xD

Unhappy ***

according to what i haved researched.. CG and Shin alredy has a son...there son is going to be emperor...I'm not really sure if joo ji hoon is still in goong2...is he there?(T_T)

Li yang will be singing the song for goong though in chinese
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I can't wait for Goong 2. I'm excited already
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

Danny Noriega (American Idol Season 7) fan FOREVER

Goong 2? Okay...bring it then!

yesssssss! i know seriously cant wait. has anyone read the manga of the series? maybe that will tell us more about the plot and story and stuff.

Default manhwa

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa
    yesssssss! i know seriously cant wait. has anyone read the manga of the series? maybe that will tell us more about the plot and story and stuff.
    That would'nt help. A forum on the manhwa said that the drama deviated from the manhwa after the 10th episode or so. It's now in the 14th chapter. There is a girl in there who is not in the drama and she is crazy about Yul. I stopped at 13 when Shin was talking to his father ( a bigger jerk than in the drama) about Yul's paternity.

oh really? darn =[ guess we just have to wait and see

i wonder if joo ji hoon will be in goong 2,, cos they said YEH & KJH are gonna return.... but no mention of shin ==;;

I LOVE SHIN!

anyways... im really excited, but im sad that Goong S was a bit of a flop in terms of ratings...

I think goong 2 is gonna focus on the other couple. the rejected ones and maybe the prince and princess will try to get those 2 together. who knows? lol
    that's my prediction for now

Question

will Joo Ji Hoon most likely be in goong 2? it wouldnt be the same without him ...
    " To Accomplished great things
    we must not only act but also dream,
    not only plan but also BELIEVE."

DiChIe

Quote Originally Posted by Dichie
    will Joo Ji Hoon most likely be in goong 2? it wouldnt be the same without him ...

if the producers had learned anything from Goong S, then they would keep the main cast of Goong for the sequel. Imagine the legions of Joo's fans comparing him with his replacement. Goong S was always compared with Goong and so were the characters in it. Probably one of the reasons for its bad rating. or may be it's just baad.

Initially, I was very excited about the prospect of Goong 2, but after Goong S, I've reservation of another sequel. I really enjoyed the original and I'd rather indulge in good memories than to see another bad sequel attempt. Especially, if it's without the original main characters/actors.
    Last edited by lailac; 05-01-07 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    if the producers had learned anything from Goong S, then they would keep the main cast of Goong for the sequel. Imagine the legions of Joo's fans comparing him with his replacement. Goong S was always compared with Goong and so were the characters in it. Probably one of the reasons for its bad rating. or may be it's just baad.
    I think it's also because the storyline in Goong S was not as strong as Goong... The plot was not as interesting, and the cast failed to keep the audiences attention...

But I'm looking forward to Goong 2! Can't wait to see if they would answer those questions that were left hanging at the end of Goong!

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I think it's also because the storyline in Goong S was not as strong as Goong... The plot was not as interesting, and the cast failed to keep the audiences attention...

But I'm looking forward to Goong 2! Can't wait to see if they would answer those questions that were left hanging at the end of Goong!
    Goong had its weaknesses but it was still entertaining. I'm curious how they made out that burning Yul's place was going to get Shin into prison but Yul's admission of arson and conspiracy earned him exile from Korea! In the manhwa, Chaegyung was'nt such a goody two shoes, she hated Hyorin. But I'm glad the series end not long after Chaegyung turned into a whiny, thick headed character. Shin on the other became a pleasing person.

Default NEW CASTS

How many "Goong" series are there?

I've seen the one with Joo Ji Hoon and Yeon Jun Hoon. Then I saw the one called "Goong S" or something starring "Se7en" and now the "true sequel to Goong"

Anyone want to clarify this for me? I was reading the comments, but then i made me more confused as to what's going on. Thanks.

PS: I know that Se7en's version didn't get high ratings blah blah blah...I thought that it was okay, but then I'm a huge Se7en fan so....
    Last edited by haibinglover; 05-17-07 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haibinglover View Post
    How many "Goong" series are there?

I've seen the one with Joo Ji Hoon and Yeon Jun Hoon. Then I saw the one called "Goong S" or something starring "Se7en" and now the "true sequel to Goong"

Anyone want to clarify this for me? I was reading the comments, but then i made me more confused as to what's going on. Thanks.

PS: I know that Se7en's version didn't get high ratings blah blah blah...I thought that it was okay, but then I'm a huge Se7en fan so....
    Currently there are only 2 Goongs...

The first one was Goong, the one with Joo Ji Hoon, and the characters Yul, Shin etc..

The second one was Goong S, the one with Se7en.. whose storyline is unrelated to the first one...

The reason why there is a 'true sequel to Goong' is that after Goong ended, there were rumours that there was going to be a Goong 2, with the same characters. But due to scheduling conflicts, the original actors and actresses were not able to commit, and thus instead of a continuation, a new storyline was created, which was Goong S.

But now, new rumours have surfaced, saying that they are going to continue the storyline of Goong, as the manhwa is still being published. Thus fans have dubbed this the "true sequel of goong".

Hope this clarifies things... =)