Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't Chow Chi Yerk just murder Chiu Mun on Snake Island?

Default Why didn't Chow Chi Yerk just murder Chiu Mun on Snake Island?

After Chow Chi Yerk had drugged Cheung Mo Gei, Tse Tsun, and Chiu Mun on Snake Island, she had Chiu Mun completely at her mercy. At that point, Chow Chi Yerk could have just murdered Chiu Mun and because Cheung Mo Gei and Tse Tsun were in a deep sleep from the 10 Fragrances drug, nobody would have been the wiser (except Yan Lei, but Chow Chi Yerk would soon dispose of her). If Chiu Mun were to live, she would still be a source of trouble for Chow Chi Yerk later (as was the case). Wouldn't it have worked to Chow Chi Yerk's greater advantage if she'd just killed Chiu Mun then and there?

I think ZZR was still trying to frame ZM at the time. If she killed ZM, there would be no scapegoat. Besides, I'm sure ZZR was a little updet at ZM for all that ZM has done, so a perfect revenge would be to get ZWJ angry at ZM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721
    If she killed ZM, there would be no scapegoat.
    This is true, but isn't the flip side of that point that nobody would be left to incriminate Chow Chi Yerk as the real culprit, however?

I think ZZR didn't believe that ZWJ would still care for ZM and give ZM a chance to redeem herself. Because who would of thought that ZWJ would spare ZM's life?? This is coming from someone who would slap a girl unconscious in 3rd edition! j/k

On a serious note, I think what ZZR did was logical. Personally, if I was ZZR, I would've walked away with an even grin thinking that ZWJ probably hates ZM now; and that ZM probably wouldn't care to clear her name (given her incredible princess ego). Who knew that ZM would love ZWJ so much that she'd take his insults and still try her best to help him??

Well, the main reason why ZZR couldn't kill ZM off was b/c ZM was the main character...plot device...ZM can't be killed off otherwise the story will take a different turn. But if ZM was disposable, I'm sure ZZR could've killed and torched her body to ashes and ZWJ would never know the truth. Then ZZR & ZWJ would marry and maybe w/ ZWJ's love, she would take the less evil path down the road.

Well, Zhou Zhiruo wasn't completely evil then and probably didn't want to murder anyone until she really had to (which was the case with Yin Li).

As an aside, if part of Zhou Zhiruo's motive was to get Zhang Wuji's love, then I think killing Zhao Min would've possibly been an unwise decision. On Bing Huo Dao, it was pretty obvious to Zhou Zhiruo that Zhang Wuji was in love with Zhao Min and not her. Had Zhao Min been murdered, Zhang Wuji would've probably mourned her death and even if the two did marry in the future, Zhao Min would continue to be in her heart. On the other hand, if she used Zhao Min as her scapegoat, then Zhang Wuji would mistakenly try to get rid of his feelings for Zhao Min and shift his feelings towards Zhou Zhiruo. In a way, if Zhang Wuji hates Zhao Min, then Zhao Min's threat towards Zhou Zhiruo is pretty much eliminated. And Zhao Min has no idea what really happened - all Zhao Min knows is that she didn't do anything.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I actually agree with Ken. If I were ZZR, I would murder ZM, float her body away...actually burn it.

When ZWJ and XX awakes, with ZM missing in action, the same logical outcome would be derived-ZM killed Yin Li, stole the swords and departed. Except that there was no chance of anyone finding out because ZM was dead. Even if it was uncovered that she was dead eventually, no one would figure out when did she died.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Well, the main reason why ZZR couldn't kill ZM off was b/c ZM was the main character...plot device...ZM can't be killed off otherwise the story will take a different turn. But if ZM was disposable, I'm sure ZZR could've killed and torched her body to ashes and ZWJ would never know the truth. Then ZZR & ZWJ would marry and maybe w/ ZWJ's love, she would take the less evil path down the road.
    Yeah, if she wasn't the main character, she would be dead for good.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I actually agree with Ken. If I were ZZR, I would murder ZM, float her body away...actually burn it.

When ZWJ and XX awakes, with ZM missing in action, the same logical outcome would be derived-ZM killed Yin Li, stole the swords and departed. Except that there was no chance of anyone finding out because ZM was dead. Even if it was uncovered that she was dead eventually, no one would figure out when did she died.
    The story would be much better. Karma would be served.

Trying to recollect. Please correct if I were wrong. ZZR's idea was to drug everyone and steal the sabre; and put the blame on ZM who was cooking? So killing ZM was not in her frame of plot then.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Well, Zhou Zhiruo wasn't completely evil then and probably didn't want to murder anyone until she really had to (which was the case with Yin Li).
    I agree. Although I am not a fan of ZZR, I don't think she was capable of premeditated murder at the time. Killing/mutilating YL was a spur of the moment thing, while the old couple she only killed after she got jilted by ZWJ.

The story would be much better. Karma would be served.
    We have had this discussion before. If Karma must be served then HSDS would become Macbeth.

So, what is ZZR's initial plan? Anyone can read into her mind?

Was it to "kill" everyone?

Her original plan was just to force ZM to go away, then blame the poisoning and stealing on her. Yin Li was not a threat to her. She knew full well that ZWJ only treated YL like a sister and he would choose her over YL easily. At that point, it's not in her heart to kill anyone. Like someone said, she could have just killed ZM, YL AND blamed the stealing and YL killing on her. No one would ever find out. It could very well happen that ZM killed YL, stole the weapons, then later one got killed by someone else who wanted the weapons. With hindsight, that would have been ZZR's perfect plan if she indeed had the heart to kill.

The plan didn't work out because she underestimated ZM and ZWJ's love for each other.

Good inputs, EdenResident.
    When do you think zzr conceive the plan? After xz left?

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    The plan didn't work out because she underestimated ZM and ZWJ's love for each other.
    As great as ZWJ is, he is too broke to provide ZM (Wang Guanyinnu) a luxurious life. After HSDS, ZM dumps ZWJ for Zhu Shuang (second son of Zhu Yuan Zhang). ZM and ZS have three son together. Unfortunately for ZM, ZS passes away at the age of 38 and she has to die as well so she can be buried with her husband.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Shuang

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    As great as ZWJ is, he is too broke to provide ZM (Wang Guanyinnu) a luxurious life. After HSDS, ZM dumps ZWJ for Zhu Shuang (second son of Zhu Yuan Zhang). ZM and ZS have three son together. Unfortunately for ZM, ZS passes away at the age of 38 and she has to die as well so she can be buried with her husband.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhu_Shuang
    Now you bother with actual history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Now you bother with actual history.
    Why not? It's proven that ZWJ and ZM broke up shortly after HSDS.

Yet you are happy to ignore history when it does not suit you.

It's news to me. Never heard of any such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's news to me. Never heard of any such thing.
    Not only that, it is very likely Cheung Mo Gei got killed because Chiu Mun betrayed him. Chiu Mun ended up marry Chu Shuang and live a life full of luxuries afterwards. It explains why 9Yeung is gone forever. I don't recall anyone else learn 9Yeung after Cheung Mo Gei.