49 45.37%
  • Both

10 9.26%
  • Neither

3 2.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Su vs. Jimmy Lin

Default Alec Su vs. Jimmy Lin

I only know Alec but don't really know much about Jimmy. But i've heard that both of them are very popular and almost look alike. So i'm just wondering who's better in acting, or maybe looks.

Jimmy is cuter with his baby face. He is a professional racer with his own racing team, Jimmy Lin Rally Team. He is also a very successful businessman and owns 2 IT companies.
    Last edited by ladycoco; 01-13-07 at 08:55 PM.

I used to really like Alec. Now I'm not too crazy about any of them. However I heard that Jimmy is really nice person in real life.

Talent - Alec

Looks - Hard to decide...probably Jimmy, but both don't rank too highly on my list.

Height - Both short. Alec's only a couple inches taller than Zhao Wei, while Jimmy is the same height as Liu Yifei when she wears heels.

However, I think Alec is a better actor, if not that good-looking nowadays. I ended up voting for Alec, mainly because I started reminiscing on the good ole HZGG days.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Talent - Alec

Looks - Hard to decide...probably Jimmy, but both don't rank too highly on my list.

Height - Both short. Alec's only a couple inches taller than Zhao Wei, while Jimmy is the same height as Liu Yifei when she wears heels.

However, I think Alec is a better actor, if not that good-looking nowadays. I ended up voting for Alec, mainly because I started reminiscing on the good ole HZGG days.
    I vote Jimmy because I think he's got talent. He's getting better at acting and he's good at everything else. He can sing well and he has his own software company and line of clothing/accessories, and he's a professional racer that's highly respected by other racers. Also, everyone who's worked with Jimmy seems to respect and like him too. Plus, I know he doesn't look like he did when he was 17, but we all gotta admit, he looks good for someone over 30!

I liked Alec during the HZGG days but after that I couldn't really get into his movies/music and everything. (no offense to his many fans) I think he has great talent too.

I agree that both are considered shorter since now we have male models in TW being star actors (Joe and Mike) who are WAY taller than both of them. But hey, both Jimmy and Alec are taller than me and anyone taller than me is tall. hehe

Jimmy is a hell lot cuter, but they both suck horribly at acting. Jimmy's voice is a bit better and he's more talented overall--come on, how many actors can race, run a business, sing, AND act, and be good at 2 of the above (haha, I'm sure you can guess which 2 they are, as they don't start with s' or 'a')?

I personally dislike both- neither are good looking, neither can sing, and i don't enjoy watching either of them act.

Alec might edge out acting for me based on the fact that he somehow manages to have great chemistry with quite a number of female actresses.

jimmy!!!!!! i admit he may not be the best actor but he is such a great person!!!! he is funny n cool alec, i liked him at first but he gets more n more boring in the roles he plays these days ( agean sea n warriors of the yang clan). but jimmy still plays good roles loved him in legendary siblings one, he was soooo wacky m funny!!!

The way Alec looks when he smiles is D@MN OOOOOOOOGLY!

Jimmy FTW!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Jimmy. Definitely Jimmy. I don't find Alex attractive and his performances have made close to zero impression on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco
    Jimmy is cuter with his baby face. He is a professional racer with his own racing team, Jimmy Lin Rally Team. He is also a very successful businessman and owns 2 IT companies.
    wow, didn't know dat..

actually i quite like both of them, but maybe jimmy a bit more though i've only seen very few series with him in it..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut
    wow, didn't know dat..

actually i quite like both of them, but maybe jimmy a bit more though i've only seen very few series with him in it..
    He raced professionally for Radial Tire Rally Team in 2003/2004 and Hong He Rally Team in 2005. He formed his own team in 2006 and became his own boss. He also raced internationally in Macau and Malaysia.
    IMO, his racing career and businesses surpassed his acting and singing these days. Jimmy Lin Rally Team won 3rd place in the China Rally races in 2006. He was ranked 8th in China Rally in 2005. Unfortunately, he didn't do well in 2006 because of mechanical problems and had to drop out of several races. He is very proud of his racing and talked about it a lot during interviews.

As for his software companies, when he was promoting his new album in 2006, the hosts were more interested in the survellance software that his company developed. He could control 100 applicances in his home in Taiwan through the PDA in his hand via GPRS. He could draw the curtains, operate the microwave, draw bath water, select music, operate the lights, warm the car, etc through his PDA thousands of miles away from home. Everyone 'woo and aww' at his gadgets and his super hightech home. One host called him "Little Bill Gates" because supposedly Bill Gates' house is just like that. His other software company develops software for banks. He has an online shop that sells his own line of clothing and accessories, the JR brand (for Jimmy Racing). He also has a car dealership that sells super Sports cars, a restaruant in Taipei, a racing consulting company in China, and an interior design company. His businesses made him a multi-millionare, and he did all these before he turned 32. His friends call him CEO Lin. He once said that he will no longer act for money and will only do one series a year and only with big productions. We may see him drop out of the entertainment circle and become a fulltime racer and businessman in the future.

BTW, he has 5 'wives' and 2 'girlfriends', his 5 super Sports cars (Lamborgani, Ferrari, Hummer) and 2 Harley motocycles. There are a lot of info on him in his forum.

He raced professionally for Radial Tire Rally Team in 2003/2004 and Hong He Rally Team in 2005. He formed his own team in 2006 and became his own boss. He also raced internationally in Macau and Malaysia.
    IMO, his racing career and businesses surpassed his acting and singing these days. Jimmy Lin Rally Team won 3rd place in the China Rally races in 2006. He was ranked 8th in China Rally in 2005. Unfortunately, he didn't do well in 2006 because of mechanical problems and had to drop out of several races. He is very proud of his racing and talked about it a lot during interviews.

As for his software companies, when he was promoting his new album in 2006, the hosts were more interested in the survellance software that his company developed. He could control 100 applicances in his home in Taiwan through the PDA in his hand via GPRS. He could draw the curtains, operate the microwave, draw bath water, select music, operate the lights, warm the car, etc through his PDA thousands of miles away from home. Everyone 'woo and aww' at his gadgets and his super hightech home. One host called him "Little Bill Gates" because supposedly Bill Gates' house is just like that. His other software company develops software for banks. He has an online shop that sells his own line of clothing and accessories, the JR brand (for Jimmy Racing). He also has a car dealership that sells super Sports cars, a restaruant in Taipei, a racing consulting company in China, and an interior design company. His businesses made him a multi-millionare, and he did all these before he turned 32. His friends call him CEO Lin. He once said that he will no longer act for money and will only do one series a year and only with big productions. We may see him drop out of the entertainment circle and become a fulltime racer and businessman in the future.

BTW, he has 5 'wives' and 2 'girlfriends', his 5 super Sports cars (Lamborgani, Ferrari, Hummer) and 2 Harley motocycles. There are a lot of info on him in his forum.
    wow, sounds real impressive.. when u mentioned prof racer i tot just normal pro racer, but he actually did quite well, i men nno 8 isn't exactly the best but the amount of things he needs to juggle around, it's pretty impressive i'd say...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

wow, sounds real impressive.. when u mentioned prof racer i tot just normal pro racer, but he actually did quite well, i men nno 8 isn't exactly the best but the amount of things he needs to juggle around, it's pretty impressive i'd say...
    He is only racing part-time, hard to compete with the top racers who devote all their time to practice and racing. In 2006 his goal was to break into the top 5. Unfortuneately he didn't even make it to top 10. Hopefully, he will do better in 2007. Being his own boss, he has more control on the type of race cars he buy, the personel, the equipement, and the racers he hire.

He is only racing part-time, hard to compete with the top racers who devote all their time to practice and racing. In 2006 his goal was to break into the top 5. Unfortuneately he didn't even make it to top 10. Hopefully, he will do better in 2007. Being his own boss, he has more control on the type of race cars he buy, the personel, the equipement, and the racers he hire.
    yeah.. icic, wow, top five.. hope he'll do well in 2007 then..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

he will i trust jimmy hehehe

A lot of it also depend on luck too. The NASCAR racers try everything, the socks they wear, lucky charms, you name it. All racer who make it to the top have more or less the same skills. The rest is left to luck and their performance during that particular day. In one race in 2005, he could almost see the finish line when a tire busted and a piece of major equipment broke. He had to drop out. A rally race is over 300 km. His car broke down in the last few km. He was at 2nd place at the time. It was a major disappointment.

A lot of it also depend on luck too. The NASCAR racers try everything, the socks they wear, lucky charms, you name it. All racer who make it to the top have more or less the same skills. The rest is left to luck and their performance during that particular day. In one race in 2005, he could almost see the finish line when a tire busted and a piece of major equipment broke. He had to drop out. A rally race is over 300 km. His car broke down in the last few km. He was at 2nd place at the time. It was a major disappointment.
    OMG, datz pretty damn UNLUCKY...

Hope dat doesn't happen to him..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I know they are consider short for asian actor now days. how short are they?

Quote Originally Posted by wuxian
    I know they are consider short for asian actor now days. how short are they?
    Jimmy is 172 cm. Don't know about alec.