Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

This must be the first season where I'm behaving like a TV junkie. I'm following Galileo, Iryu 2, Joshi Deka, and SP. I watched the initial episodes of Dream Again and Hataraki Man too. There's still Utahime to go!

How're you finding Galileo and Joshi Deka Lady Zhuge?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    This must be the first season where I'm behaving like a TV junkie. I'm following Galileo, Iryu 2, Joshi Deka, and SP. I watched the initial episodes of Dream Again and Hataraki Man too. There's still Utahime to go!

How're you finding Galileo and Joshi Deka Lady Zhuge?
    Maybe it's because you've been so starved for a decent season that now you're like a kid in a candy store.

So far I'm finding Joshi Deka much more appealing than Galileo. The prior has humor, mystery, suspense and a dark human element to it as well, whereas the latter feels rather flat despite its best efforts. Hopefully it will get better, though. How is SP? I'm planning to watch that, Iryu 2 of course, and also give Hatachi no Koibito a shot. What's your favorite series so far this season?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

at the moment i'm following Yukan Club. I think actually this drama doesn't have a real good plot but for the entertaining side it's ok. And also if u just need to laughs this is the one

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Maybe it's because you've been so starved for a decent season that now you're like a kid in a candy store.

So far I'm finding Joshi Deka much more appealing than Galileo. The prior has humor, mystery, suspense and a dark human element to it as well, whereas the latter feels rather flat despite its best efforts. Hopefully it will get better, though. How is SP? I'm planning to watch that, Iryu 2 of course, and also give Hatachi no Koibito a shot. What's your favorite series so far this season?
    Haha I think you're right. I'm totally going on a binge now. There are so many dramas with actors or actresses that I love watching and interesting plots too (we don't always get such a combination), but well, some kind of fell flat after an episode or two.

SP just started airing so it's difficult to gauge but I liked Ep 1 better than I've liked most of Galileo's episodes. Galileo's an awfully big budget, high profile production that seems rather tepid. Perhaps it's the way it is being executed? I somehow see similarities between Galileo and Trick in which the focus isn't so much on arresting the criminals but determining how the crime or trick was pulled off. But where Trick succeeded in capturing my imagination, I can't quite say the same for Galileo.

I think I'll rate it a draw between Joshi Deka and SP for now. The acting, production quality and action sequences in Ep 1 of SP was good and there seems to be a big conspiracy brewing. And I'm biased because there's my favourite Tsutsumi Shinichi in it.

My favourite series must be Iryu 2 right now but that could change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    That's a Korean series.

I'm currently watching Jotei, Galileo, and Joshi Deka!.
    Yes it is. I appologize babe.

They should really ad a drunk-filter to the forum!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Yukan Club
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Yukan Club
    what do you know? same here and my sister made me...but its pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    what do you know? same here and my sister made me...but its pretty good...
    Gotta show some Jin and Junno love. I haven't gotten too far (i'm still on episode 1) but so far i think it's alright.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Gotta show some Jin and Junno love. I haven't gotten too far (i'm still on episode 1) but so far i think it's alright.
    so far, it definitley looks promising for a drama.

PV by Kattun for the theme song is just out...
    I didn't think much of the song at first, thot it pretty average but now ..its growing on me...and i like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ93u_00Hyk#
    Last edited by strawberry; 11-08-07 at 02:10 AM.

like i said before, it's enjoyable and entertaining drama, u'll laughs for sure So far eps 2 & 4 had the better story than the others 2 eps.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

jus finished hana yori dango 2. cant wait 4 the movie 2 come out. altho i dont c wat else they can tell can do 2 the storyline. i hope they dont kill it. luved the ending 2 the movie. really touching. at least 2 me.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

I think I'll watch some of I've Been Married to Hell....someone's obsession with the main actor has gotten me to see him attractive too...hehehehe
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

currently airing in japan...Mop Girl...

I finished Jotei, but really, I can't believe I finished it. What a total waste of time although honestly I only watched it for Shota. Kato Rosa didn't suit the lead role and much of Ayaka's success was due to luck rather than ability. Shota's role ended up being much weaker than I'd hoped. Most of the characters were ridiculously one-dimensional. If I got a dime for each time I heard an evil cackle from Ayaka's heartless rivals, I'd be a billionaire. I don't know why Sakai Ayana frequently seems to settle for playing *****y roles.

I also started Mop Girl and it's okay so far.

Hatachi no Koibito is not my cup of tea at all, so I dropped it after 2 episodes after fast forwarding through much of it. Takashi looks good in it, though.

In unrelated news, I heard that Abe Hiroshi is getting hitched! And Shinohara Ryoko really is pregnant this time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I almost finish Anego it's funny everytime Anego and Kurosawa-kun scenes appear.

I really want to see Galileo, Iryu2 and Ushi ni but none at my hand yet I even avoid the threads so my excitement don't go too much.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Has anyone watched Iguana no Musume before? It was broadcasted back in 1996, starrs a young Kanno Miho and the actor who played as Maki's older brother in Hana Kimi and was also her homeroom teacher in Nobuta Wo Produce.

I'm slowly watching this because well I've got finals in two weeks, so I'm not really going to watch this until after finals.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Still watching Yukan Club and still enjoying it (to my pleasant surprise) though for the last episode, I felt the storyline was a bit forced prob because they needed to create a role for Mike He in it.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Still watching Yukan Club and still enjoying it (to my pleasant surprise) though for the last episode, I felt the storyline was a bit forced prob because they needed to create a role for Mike He in it.
    I'm watching it too, but more on and off.

I recently found a 2001 drama, Dekichatta Kekkon with Takenouchi Yutaka, Hirosue Ryoko, and Abe Hiroshi. It seems interesting. TY looks shabby, he looks more classy in Rondo and he's another actor that reminds me of Louis Koo and Kaneshiro Takeshi. He also looks like Ichiro Suzuki of the Seattle Mariners baseball team.

I'm also watching...Mop Girl, Yakusha Damashii, and will eventually start on Iryu 2.

Cant seem to get into J-Drama. I like the 90s & early 2000 years. J-Drama are too silly nowadays. Even some of the animes are better.