Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I liked Shiroi Kage, but absolutely hated the cop-out ending due to the very selfish decision of a certain character. It ruined the series for me much like the ending of Summer Snow.

Currently watching Saigo no Koi and the Nodame Cantabile SP.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I liked Shiroi Kage, but absolutely hated the cop-out ending due to the very selfish decision of a certain character. It ruined the series for me much like the ending of Summer Snow.
    Sounds much like my sentiments about Kurosagi, which is why I prefer Liar Game over Kurosagi.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Watching SP up no ep 8 now and Kizarasu Cat's Eyes of Okada Junichi as well, he's acting is good, totally different from his real character (according to some talk show).
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I will be watching Utahime with Nagase Tomoya!!!!! As soon as the weekend starts for me, but for now I have a busy week still.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just finished watching Asuka e, Soshite Mada Minu Ko e. It was sooo sad...a sadder version of Itoshi Kimi e, especially since it's based on a true story. Luckily it was a special and not a long drawn-out tragedy. I also started Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai and really enjoyed the first episode. Hopefully the rest of the episodes will maintain the same quality. Still watching Saigo no Koi, but it's gotten kind of slow. Nakai and Tokiwa Takako have minimal chemistry together.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finished Kisazaru Cat's Eyes the series last night. It's great!!!! I watched it backward, starting from the World Series, to the Nihon Series than to the dorama series. Which is good to do this because the dorama series is more exciting than the movies ... he,he,he..

Yasai Mosai!!!! BUSSSAAAANNNN ..
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Taiyou no Uta

starring Sawajiri Erika & Yamada Takayuki....for me, I'm liking the series more than the movie...Yui is a better singer and Erika is a better actress....

I've recently discovered the Yonimo Kimyona Monogatari specials Fuji TV airs about twice a year. Each episode contains 5 main bizarre tales and some much shorter segments which usually have a twist at the end. I watched the fall 2006 one and got hooked. The stories from the spring 2006 weren't as good, but I still enjoyed them. I will be watching the fall 2007 special soon and whatever other episodes I can find.

I'm still following Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai and I love it. It's both funny and touching. Goro and Koyuki have fantastic chemistry together. I dig the supporting characters too and the cute graphics. I'm also planning to start Koshonin soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've started to watch Akihabara@Deep, and some eye candies are in there. Especially Ikuta Toma and pleasent surprises whenever seen Kitamura Kazuki. Actually I find myself searching for dramas with Kitamura Kazuki, does that mean I've become a fan?

I just finished Umizaru Evolution, it's good!!! I probably will watch the movie after. I should start from the first movie, but I don't have it

I also finished watching Suekko Chonan starring Okada Junichi and Fukatsu Eri. Info in here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Suekko_Chounan_Ane_Sannin

Okada is the best younger husband anyone could asked.. KAKOIIIIII...

I also watching Mukodono the old version, a bit slapstick for my taste. Next on the list is Bara nai no Hanaya and HnC after I got all the complete series I hate cliffhanger...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

To my delight, I recently came across a store renting a selection of Japanese dramas dating back to the 1990s, and I'm now re-watching one of the shows that first got me hooked on Japanese dramas Kekkon Shiyou yo! (Let's Get Married) starring one of my favourite male actors Eguchi Yosuke and Ishida Hikari. It's one of those simple romance dramas that they don't quite seem to make anymore. A divorced man finds himself in a bind to fulfill an agreement he made with his ex-wife 3 years ago or lose custody of his son - remarry and grow his architecture firm so that its earnings exceed the previous year's before his son's sixth birthday. Forced by the relentless nosing of his ex-wife's lawyer, he ends up reluctantly signing marriage documents with a young saleswoman pressed for money. They had both encountered each other on previous occasions and formed bad impressions of each other but end up truly married when his son submits the papers to the government office. And so the couple begin their marriage of convenience together ...
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-29-08 at 06:27 AM.

OMG! Kitamura Kazuki is like SOOOOOOOOOOO different in Akihabara@Deep, he's so dorky, eccentric and weird in this drama. Compare this role and his other arrogrant and cool guy roles, its totally different. He still looks HOT though.

I just finished watching the J-Doramas "One Pound Gospel" und "Cutie Honey The Live".

They were both very funny and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by WesY2K View Post
    I just finished watching the J-Doramas "One Pound Gospel" und "Cutie Honey The Live".

They were both very funny and entertaining.
    I just started One Pound gospel too and I enjoyed it. I am actually at episode 5 in one sitting..

Anyone knows whats the storyline of this about?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VsAlfJpBGiI

just finished one pound no gospel... good series!! i love kame and meisa kuroki!! both of them are cute together
    ARASHI FOR DREAM...

Quote Originally Posted by Leen_zhihai View Post
    just finished one pound no gospel... good series!! i love kame and meisa kuroki!! both of them are cute together
    I also am done with this series...fast-paced and interesting but mesia's nun role got a little irritating and indecisive for me towards the end. She's very pretty though at the ending part. I think Lips is great as the theme song now. btw, how many episodes is this drama? My DVD set says 9...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I also am done with this series...fast-paced and interesting but mesia's nun role got a little irritating and indecisive for me towards the end. She's very pretty though at the ending part. I think Lips is great as the theme song now. btw, how many episodes is this drama? My DVD set says 9...
    I completed that series too. And though Sister Angela was rather annoying at the end 'cause of her indecisiveness, i find that she had good reason to be. That's a really tough decision to make.

1 Pound no Fukuin is 9 episodes long. So you bought the dvd set or something?
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    I completed that series too. And though Sister Angela was rather annoying at the end 'cause of her indecisiveness, i find that she had good reason to be. That's a really tough decision to make.

1 Pound no Fukuin is 9 episodes long. So you bought the dvd set or something?
    yes, I bought the DVD set, expecting it to be 10 or 11 episodes like most dramas....

Just bought DVD sets for Nodame Cantabile live-action drama, anime and the SP edition. Hoping to finish in 2 weeks

Anyone watched Honey & Clover? I'm a fan of the anime, but I'm a bit skeptical when I saw the dvd set for the live action drama yesterday.

Also would like to watch Ooku part 1 because they don't sell that here anymore