Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Just bought DVD sets for Nodame Cantabile live-action drama, anime and the SP edition. Hoping to finish in 2 weeks

Anyone watched Honey & Clover? I'm a fan of the anime, but I'm a bit skeptical when I saw the dvd set for the live action drama yesterday.

Also would like to watch Ooku part 1 because they don't sell that here anymore
    I wonder if Honey and clover is good enogh for me to buy too....but i do like Toma's performance in Hana Kimi..

I'm watching Ooku (season 3) with Kanno Miho, Kitamura Kazuki, and some other familiar faces.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm watching Ooku (season 3) with Kanno Miho, Kitamura Kazuki, and some other familiar faces.
    Was it good?

I only bought Part 2. Couldn't find Part 1 in local stores

I saw Proposal Daisakusen SP last night and I'm so pleased! very good continuation from the last one, this is what SP should do!!! Any guy that want to please their future bride should learn from this one.. :lol:...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Was it good?

I only bought Part 2. Couldn't find Part 1 in local stores
    What do you mean part 2 and part 1?

The first season of Ooku was made like the 60s or 70s and 2nd season was made 1983.

I'm up to episode 7 now, and I think its more episodic short stories? First story had Kanno Miho and Kitamura Kazuki, 2nd story has that girl who played Maya in the Glass Mask Live Action I and II. She's quite a talented for her age.

You know, its much like TVB's War and Beauty, except its like the lady consort, the shogun, and mother-in-law or chief-lady-in-waiting...with the ladies waging war against each other.

I'm interested to watch more, although, I can't afford the time to spend it on watching dramas.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I saw Proposal Daisakusen SP last night and I'm so pleased! very good continuation from the last one, this is what SP should do!!! Any guy that want to please their future bride should learn from this one.. :lol:...
    You mean what Tsuru did, right? That had got to be one of the sweetest thing I have ever seem a guy did for a girl.

What do you mean part 2 and part 1?

The first season of Ooku was made like the 60s or 70s and 2nd season was made 1983.

I'm up to episode 7 now, and I think its more episodic short stories? First story had Kanno Miho and Kitamura Kazuki, 2nd story has that girl who played Maya in the Glass Mask Live Action I and II. She's quite a talented for her age.

You know, its much like TVB's War and Beauty, except its like the lady consort, the shogun, and mother-in-law or chief-lady-in-waiting...with the ladies waging war against each other.

I'm interested to watch more, although, I can't afford the time to spend it on watching dramas.
    I didn't realise that there were so many seasons, I thought the one I bought is Part 2

I actually bought Ooku Part 5 - Hana no Ran (War of the Belles) starring Uchiyama Rina, Fujiwara Norika, Kitamura Kazuki.

I wanted to buy Part 4 = Ooku Dai-isho (Part 1), therefore I mistaken the next season as part 2 due to the title.

Season 3 looks intriguing too...

Quote Originally Posted by LiarLiar View Post
    You mean what Tsuru did, right? That had got to be one of the sweetest thing I have ever seem a guy did for a girl.
    Yup! it's him!

I starting to watch Bara na nai hanaya two nites ago and liking it. If only it's not weekdays I would finish it in one seat! I love the story and the pace too! Shingo's acting is good too, considering his normal character, in here he's solemn and calm.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I watched Last friends yesterday. The story started with a big question What happend, so that makes me to continue and I will.
    I like the whole introduction with the innocent white and Hikki's song.

I'm so surprised by Juri's look. I hardly recognized her but her acting is really good.
    And Ryo's character shocked me. Nice guy turn to tyrant uhh....
    すごい!

Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
    Brother Beat
    Lunch Queen
    Antique

Zettai Kareshi
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

I didn't realise that there were so many seasons, I thought the one I bought is Part 2

I actually bought Ooku Part 5 - Hana no Ran (War of the Belles) starring Uchiyama Rina, Fujiwara Norika, Kitamura Kazuki.

I wanted to buy Part 4 = Ooku Dai-isho (Part 1), therefore I mistaken the next season as part 2 due to the title.

Season 3 looks intriguing too...
    I want to continue watching dramas but for the sake of my future, I can't right now. Currently counting down to my freedom from some obligations.

I just finished RH Plus, it has 13 episodes. It's about vampires with some funny moments mix in with investigating criminal activities.

Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
    One Pound Gospel
    Honey & Clover
    Zettai Kareshi/Absolute Boyfriend

Honey and Clover...so far its a tad boring..at the moment, I still prefer Toma in Hana Kimi where his role and acting really shine.

Absolute Boyfriend --I really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by applebee View Post

Is this new? whose in it?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Yes, apparently it is new. You can look the cast up on wiki. It's based on that Watase Yuu manga by the same title. Oh gosh, the manga storyline is not impressive, I mean I looked through the manga myself and just couldn't find myself interested in such a storyline. The girl got a human toy as a boyfriend, whoopie!

Quote Originally Posted by applebee View Post
    Yep! Me too! Stumbled across this drama and gave it a try... It's actually quite funny and interesting... Too bad it only started airing in Japan, and only once a week... so have to wait for the episodes to come out..

The actor who acts as Yoshi is the one who acted as Nanba Minami in Hana Kimi...

Yes, apparently it is new. You can look the cast up on wiki. It's based on that Watase Yuu manga by the same title. Oh gosh, the manga storyline is not impressive, I mean I looked through the manga myself and just couldn't find myself interested in such a storyline. The girl got a human toy as a boyfriend, whoopie!
    Give it a try Suet Seung, you might actually like it... it's quite interesting actually... the robot boyfriend's character is quite endearing...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Yeah, Zettai Kareshi started airing on April 15th. Two episodes have already aired. The main 3 actors are Hayami Mokomichi, Aibu Saki, and Mizushima Hiro. I'm usually a sucker for quirky storylines like these. So far i'm digging it. I didn't care too much for Hayami Mokomichi in Gokusen 2 but i think his character is really cute in here.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3