Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I finished watching the first 12 episodes of Fumo Chitai in 3 nights! I love it! Iki Tadashi by Toshiaki Karasawa is perfect! I love his character, too stiff and proper but very clever and smart. Can't wait to see what's more. The politics part is quite disgust me, but it really fit the story.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I finished watching the first 12 episodes of Fumo Chitai in 3 nights! I love it! Iki Tadashi by Toshiaki Karasawa is perfect! I love his character, too stiff and proper but very clever and smart. Can't wait to see what's more. The politics part is quite disgust me, but it really fit the story.
    Without the politics, the story wouldn't be very interesting.

I've started watching Imoto Yo. Karasawa-san is quite handsome and charming in here - he hasn't changed all that much.

I know, but I still feel disgust with it. Because of FC I re-watched 20th cen boys and Imouto Yo too I just realised apart for him being guest star I rarely watching his dorama.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I know, but I still feel disgust with it. Because of FC I re-watched 20th cen boys and Imouto Yo too I just realised apart for him being guest star I rarely watching his dorama.
    You should watch Shiroi Kyoto 2003 if you haven't already done so!

Shukumei and Fumo Chitai. I've sort of dropped off watching Kimitachi ni Asu wa Nai. Kenji Sakaguchi's a bit too effusive in his acting to be believable.

I find Iki Tadashi in Fumo Chitai too inscrutable for my liking so I guess I can't say I'm very engaged in this drama although I watch it faithfully. Neither do I find Koyuki a revelation. She's a terrible actress who cannot emote. So I always look forward to Amami Yuki's turn on screen, even though they are scant and fleeting. I hope that with her turn as the somewhat tragic social butterfly, Beniko, Amami will get other roles in future so she doesn't keep getting stuck in the successful career woman, hopeless in all else rut.

Shukumei has been quite interesting although it sort of tapered off a little in Ep5. It's all about a past that comes back to haunt the present and next generation of the people involved. Expect lots of manipulation.

Watching Regatta at the moment.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I find Iki Tadashi in Fumo Chitai too inscrutable for my liking so I guess I can't say I'm very engaged in this drama although I watch it faithfully. Neither do I find Koyuki a revelation. She's a terrible actress who cannot emote. So I always look forward to Amami Yuki's turn on screen, even though they are scant and fleeting. I hope that with her turn as the somewhat tragic social butterfly, Beniko, Amami will get other roles in future so she doesn't keep getting stuck in the successful career woman, hopeless in all else rut.
    I don't like Koyuki in here either, but am not sure if it's her acting or the character. Her scenes are so dull and if I were the fastforwarding type, that's what I'd be doing.

Amami's Beniko is awesome and you can totally feel her attraction towards Iki. If opposites attract, I wish they could get together and light things up - it would be quite the scandal (though very unlikely to happen). I also enjoy watching Takenouchi Yutaka in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I don't like Koyuki in here either, but am not sure if it's her acting or the character. Her scenes are so dull and if I were the fastforwarding type, that's what I'd be doing.

Amami's Beniko is awesome and you can totally feel her attraction towards Iki. If opposites attract, I wish they could get together and light things up - it would be quite the scandal (though very unlikely to happen). I also enjoy watching Takenouchi Yutaka in here.
    I'm inclined to think it is her acting because I've seen her in other dramas and she's generally playing the reserved (or is it repressed) characters which end up very forgettable. Kimi wa Petto, Tentai Kansoku, and I can't remember which others.

Oh yeah, it is nice seeing Takenouchi in the drama too. It was like finally being able to watch him in a role which gave him range to portray a character. Unfortunately nothing happens between Iki and Beniko ... if Iki were Zaizen in Shiroi Kyoto maybe he would.

Are you still following Magararenai Onna?

first OT: hi jade_frosts.

I am watching "Boss" now. quite interesting.

I finish another series. can't remember the name. it is about a "third-class" female reporter who is finding out the mastermind who ended up to be her brother.

"Boss" is more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I finish another series. can't remember the name. it is about a "third-class" female reporter who is finding out the mastermind who ended up to be her brother.
    "Untouchables"?

I tried to find Shiroii Kyoto as per Lady Zhuge suggestion, still working on it. I dunno if I'm going to like Karasawa's character here (based on wiki) and I never really like Eguchi Yosuke, so we'll see.

If I'm guessing it correct Fumo Chitai will be finished until episode 19? I haven't pick it up again since ep 12, I want to watch it again after it's finished. I know Iki character is too stiff but I actually met some people that has that character, it's worse in real life because you have deal with these kind of people in person

I couldn't careless with Koyuki character, she's annoying with her indecisiveness. I like Beniko better. I dunno if that's the author of the book want this to happen because it seems that at least most of us doesn't like Koyuki's character.

Atm, re-watching Osen and my fave scenes always when they doing real cooking
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

"Untouchables"?
    Yes, thanks.

"Untouchables"?

I couldn't careless with Koyuki character, she's annoying with her indecisiveness. I like Beniko better. I dunno if that's the author of the book want this to happen because it seems that at least most of us doesn't like Koyuki's character.

Atm, re-watching Osen and my fave scenes always when they doing real cooking
    Yes there are 19 episodes for Fumo Chitai. Last episode ends this week. I guess Daimon will lose his company. Spring season starts in about a month's time.

I'm inclined to think it is her acting because I've seen her in other dramas and she's generally playing the reserved (or is it repressed) characters which end up very forgettable. Kimi wa Petto, Tentai Kansoku, and I can't remember which others.
    Good point. I had to google her to help me remember what other dramas I'd seen her in in which she had a major role - Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai, Tentai Kansoku, and Engine.

if Iki were Zaizen in Shiroi Kyoto maybe he would.
    Ironically though, Beniko probably wouldn't go for a man like Zaizen.

Are you still following Magararenai Onna?
    Yes, although I still haven't figured out why. I'm left shaking my head episode after episode - thankfully there's only one more to go. The main characters in here are rather incomprehensible, but I'm still curious to see how things will wrap up.

I know Iki character is too stiff but I actually met some people that has that character, it's worse in real life because you have deal with these kind of people in person
    What I find difficult to believe is how Iki can be so popular with the many people he encounters on business with such a stiff personality. As you've alluded to from personal experience, such people aren't exactly the most likable or easy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    What I find difficult to believe is how Iki can be so popular with the many people he encounters on business with such a stiff personality. As you've alluded to from personal experience, such people aren't exactly the most likable or easy to deal with.
    Maybe his integrity and reliability. because I know those people that have this character has high integrity in what they say. their yes means yes, no means no. It's a rare value now a days.

Anyone watching Tokujo Kabachi? I'm having a hard time trying to liking Sakurai Sho's character... so annoying. I probably should just drop it >.< Code Blue 2 on the other hand is much better, Yamapi has improve although his broken speeches sometimes annoys me too, I like Toda's character Hiyama the best in here. Oh, I've been crying on each episodes since ep 3.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Maybe his integrity and reliability. because I know those people that have this character has high integrity in what they say. their yes means yes, no means no. It's a rare value now a days.
    Integrity and reliability take time to establish, though. Iki earned the respect and trust of leaders like Fork and Regan after one meeting.

I've noticed that Karasawa-san's English has dramatically improved since the beginning of the drama - he must be working hard at it. On the other hand, Takenouchi's English seems to have regressed since the days of Ningen no Shomei.

Code Blue 2 on the other hand is much better, Yamapi has improve although his broken speeches sometimes annoys me too, I like Toda's character Hiyama the best in here. Oh, I've been crying on each episodes since ep 3.
    Yes, the second season has turned out tearjerker episode after tearjerker episode. I'm still not impressed with Yamapi's "acting" though, if you can call it that. It's more like "attitude" to me.

i was watching this series (i just dont remember the title now) that stars nishikido ryo & takizawa hideaki. the one that talks about kami no te (god's hand that with one touch can heal anybody) and akuma no te (devil's hand that with one touch can kill anybody)
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    i was watching this series (i just dont remember the title now) that stars nishikido ryo & takizawa hideaki. the one that talks about kami no te (god's hand that with one touch can heal anybody) and akuma no te (devil's hand that with one touch can kill anybody)
    Orthros no Inu - the ending was kind of a cop-out and I can't believe Ryo won a Best Supporting Actor award for his role in it (or anything else).

The ending of Fumo Chitai was touching. Like the pre-publicity information said, so much of Iki's actions were shaped by his experience in Siberia. And I thought that it certainly was tougher on those who made it back to Japan ... to try to put their lives together again. Karasawa should get an award for his acting this season. Though I haven't watched other dramas besides Shukumei and Kimitachi ni Asu wa Nai to compare, but in the scenes where Iki shows his emotions, they are so raw and palpable that I feel as if I'm standing with the character, and feeling what he has gone through.

Takenouchi in comparison does not emote well. I thought it a bit dramatic and awkward in the scenes where he was called on to portray a wider range of emotions than the usual that he has had to in silly dramas like Boss.

I thought that it's a pity that Beniko is ultimately a character with not much of a purpose but to help to articulate and move the Iki-Chisato relationship along, since Chisato is so blank ... I can't resist taking potshots at Koyuki hah

Interestingly, Magararenai Onna is doing relatively well in the ratings. Probably third in rank after Aibou and Code Blue II.
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-13-10 at 02:22 AM.

I skipped reading your entry jade_frost don't want a spoiler since I'm 7 episodes behind can't wait to have all the subs!!!!
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Massugu na Otoko - I'm was watching this because I really love Kyoko. Sadly, I think this was the best series of the season. It would have been a very middling series in other seasons.
    Code Blue 2 - so ho hum, not bad, but not great
    Naka nai to Kimeta Hi - I can't deal with sad dramas, so after the first week, put it on hold to watch at once
    Magerarenai Onna - Kanno Miho is strong as ever. but the character and plot just didn't have the pull
    853 - only watched a couple of eps, might drop it because the subs are coming slow and not much pull
    Angel Bank - seems way too preachy... might drop this too (watched 3 eps)
    Fumo Chitai - nice series
    Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - Quite tiring with the "shiny" gag. Not enough chemistry and weak character
    Majisuka Gakuen - Idols! Watch for AKB48, no other reason to
    Shinsengumi PEACE MAKER - was this a joke?
    Bloody Monday 2 - First series was moderately intelligent, this doesn't seem to have the structural strength of the first
    Hidarime Tantei EYE - Doesn't really work, too much Deus ex Machina
    Tokujo Kabachi!! - Sho's character is tiring. Not sure if I like Maki smoking either, doesn't fit her image, makes her character a hard sell