Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Just finished watching "Tokyo Dogs".

Shun Oguri was superb!
    All the main actors were very good. I enjoyed the series tremendously.

I'm finally watching Yankee to Megane-chan. Narimiya Hiroki is an actor with potential. I'm glad he's getting bigger roles.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just fiinished watching Tokujo Kabachi. its very watchable and not as bad as some reactions I have heard.

I went to Chinatown yesterday and one DVD shops there is closing down so they having a sale. I bought 3 series for 20AUD! the subs is from Chinese to English so I don't expect much I got Kodoku no Kake, Room for King and Boku no Imouto. I think the bargain is excite me more than watching these dramas heheheheee..
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I went to Chinatown yesterday and one DVD shops there is closing down so they having a sale. I bought 3 series for 20AUD! the subs is from Chinese to English so I don't expect much I got Kodoku no Kake, Room for King and Boku no Imouto. I think the bargain is excite me more than watching these dramas heheheheee..
    Of your bargain purchases, I've only seen Boku no Imouto and would not recommend it. After it's finally over you'll find yourself wondering what the drama was really about, and it's not in a good, thought-provoking way. Please let me know what you think of Kodoku no Kake.

With the spring season coming to an end, I think the two best dramas have been Mother and Dosokai. I actually wanna see what happens to everyone at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Of your bargain purchases, I've only seen Boku no Imouto and would not recommend it. After it's finally over you'll find yourself wondering what the drama was really about, and it's not in a good, thought-provoking way. Please let me know what you think of Kodoku no Kake.

With the spring season coming to an end, I think the two best dramas have been Mother and Dosokai. I actually wanna see what happens to everyone at the end!
    Thanks for the warning. I only got Boku no Imouto because it's on special I do realise not many people mention this dorama, but I'll see what I think about it when I finished.

I'm watching Kodoku no Kake at the moment but very slowly since I get very tired after work zzzz..

I'm watching Dosokai as well, but it feel very soap opera feeling for me, I'll wait until all the series subs to continue watching it. I haven't try to see Mother yet, but I think I will when all subs available As fpr current series that I enjoy is Shinzamono, the rest is flop.

also, I forgot to mention, I got a free Ryuusei poster (fake) from the shop hehehehee..

Has anyone seen JMovie - Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu? I think I quite like it although I find the story line has anti-climax. Inuoe Mao is very convicing as Mayu.
    Last edited by eeyore; 06-23-10 at 07:22 PM.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

finally finish Dosokai, but in my opinion

click to show/hide spoilers
    the story where they make Sugiyama wife also have a brief affair is just to justify that is OK for Sugiyama to chase after Tomomi. Also they killed Okubo just to avoid happily ever after for all couples hehehehee.. which more realistic.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Just started watching Otomen after finally finishing Liar Game 2.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

finally finish Dosokai, but in my opinion

the story where they make Sugiyama wife also have a brief affair is just to justify that is OK for Sugiyama to chase after Tomomi. Also they killed Okubo just to avoid happily ever after for all couples hehehehee.. which more realistic.
    I agree about Sugiyama's wife's affair. And was it just me or did it never really feel like she was his wife, but more like the maid? And on top of that, their son hated Sugiyama so much for some reason, even before he had anything going on with Tomomi. As for Okubo, his death was planned from the very first episode - I would have felt cheated if he got a happy ending. He and Yoko made an odd couple anyway - how did they go from crushing on Tomomi and Sugiyama to each other, other than the lack of better options?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I agree about Sugiyama's wife's affair. And was it just me or did it never really feel like she was his wife, but more like the maid? And on top of that, their son hated Sugiyama so much for some reason, even before he had anything going on with Tomomi. As for Okubo, his death was planned from the very first episode - I would have felt cheated if he got a happy ending. He and Yoko made an odd couple anyway - how did they go from crushing on Tomomi and Sugiyama to each other, other than the lack of better options?
    Sugiyama's wife motive was disclosed when he was about to transfer and failed for a promotion. Her devotion for him just a facade especially when she has to suck up his supervisor's wife. And I think that's why his son hated him so much, leaving his wife at home and he was running around chasing the bad guy with the risk of get killed.

But I like his son, such a depressing character similar to his character in Bloody Monday

What about Sunao? I haven't finish watching it but toward the end of ep 10 I sort of guess what will happen, they didn't have preview for ep 11 though But if Haru does end up with Nakaji, she's been covering her feeling very well from her mom and Doctor. Her facial expression is always look painful to me for some reason.
    Last edited by eeyore; 06-28-10 at 11:15 PM.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Sugiyama's wife motive was disclosed when he was about to transfer and failed for a promotion. Her devotion for him just a facade especially when she has to suck up his supervisor's wife. And I think that's why his son hated him so much, leaving his wife at home and he was running around chasing the bad guy with the risk of get killed.
    It wasn't just his wife's devotion to him that made her seem more maid-like, but their lack of affection for each other as husband and wife. She just seemed like a woman he was living with - nothing more, nothing less. Maybe that's why his son resented him. But I guess the son had no clue about his mother's extramarital affair, eh?

What about Sunao? I haven't finish watching it but toward the end of ep 10 I sort of guess what will happen, they didn't have preview for ep 11 though But if Haru does end up with Nakaji, she's been covering her feeling very well from her mom and Doctor. Her facial expression is always look painful to me for some reason.
    It was a disappointing show and I regret wasting my time on it. It only took pretty much the entire series for Nakaji to light a fire under his own *** and Haru to stop fooling everyone, including herself.
    Haru ends up with Nakaji. All of their obstacles were all conveniently eliminated. Haru and Doctor had ZERO chemistry together - their relationship felt so one-sided all along.

i'm watching The Waste Land 2. Hopefully it will as good as the part 1 earlier.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://sensasian.com/images/products/V21796H-D.jpg')

I'm watching Nakanai to Kimeta Hi and some people in there are so evil. Especially that Marika girl that pretends to be the main girl, Miki's friend. She's not only fake, but she's also manipulative. On top of all that she's als a sadistic psychopath! I've never hated such a character so much. I hate her evil perverse face. I hope all her evil plans backfire and everyone finds out what an evil hag she is!!!!!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I just finished Tsuki no Koibito. I really like the last 2 episodes and I like Rensuke's character much better in ep 8. I'm glad they make it over 160 mins episodes. I like the ending too. and if you watching too perhaps you realised there's less LCL hahahahahahaaa..... I'm sorry I know she's tried hard taking her first japanese drama role but I can't stand her acting. Anyway, thanks to the last episodes, I feel good watching the end of this dorama. Kimutaku still hearthrob as ever (at least for me )
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

OMG! Why is Shinohara Ryoko married to such an old geezer actor? Is it love? He's like 30 yrs older than her (and old enough to be her uncle or dad). Out of all the other actors she picked him.

Does Tsuki no Koibito get any better? I'm on ep 3 and its so hard to get into the story especially with Lin Zhi Ling's character....I think I will whack myself unconscious every time she's onscreen. So bored.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-10-10 at 05:15 PM.

Watching Four Sisters (may have gotten the name wrong) - a detective comedy series. The emphasis is on the youngest sister though who help in solving crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Watching Four Sisters (may have gotten the name wrong) - a detective comedy series. The emphasis is on the youngest sister though who help in solving crimes.
    Ah, that drama is okay, just not great.

And about Tsuki no Koibito - Lin Chi Ling should not be there. I'm so bored to death and she has no chemistry with any of the cast members. I don't even see why she's such an amazing girl that Rensuke would be changed by her. I keep watching to see what's good about it, but I just don't like how the story is or how the characters are.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-10-10 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    yes, I agree. Nowadays, somehow, I prefer Korean movies/series.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post

And about Tsuki no Koibito - Lin Chi Ling should not be there. I'm so bored to death and she has no chemistry with any of the cast members. I don't even see why she's such an amazing girl that Rensuke would be changed by her. I keep watching to see what's good about it, but I just don't like how the story is or how the characters are.
    If you can handle the scenes at least until ep 7 and 8, you'll be ok. I feel the same about watching LCL in that dorama. She's obviously not ready to do Japanese drama despite people say we have to give her credit doing drama in other language.

I think the writer realised their mistake in the story line and make it up on ep 7 and 8. Sometimes Shinohara Ryoko's acting get to my nerve too, especially they way she talk, and Kimutaku's character is not my fave at all. But it all change it ep 7 and 8, he's the hearthrob I used to like

so bear with Tsuki if you can.

I'm starting watching Boku no Imouto last night, it's ok so far for me. as Kodoku no Kake I'm kinda stop at the moment because of the horrible subs. oh well. beggar can't be chooser.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I feel like I'm a tv junkie this season. There are quite a few good productions.

Mother is a very touching drama that shows two wounded souls reaching out to each other. Matsuyuki Yasuko stars as Suzuhara Nao, an orintologist forced to become an elementary school teacher when her research lab is closed down. She has chosen to move away to Hokkaido and has not kept in touch with her mother or sisters. It seems that she hates her past and time has not healed the emotional wounds that possibly stem from childhood. Ashida Mana plays Michiki Rena, Nao's student, whose endearing, precocious, cheerful personality hides the constant abuse she suffers at the hands of her mother's boyfriend. It is so heartbreaking to hear the kid talk about noting down her favourite things and thinking about all of them, so she will be happy.
    Just finished Mother this past weekend. Very well done. Very touching.
    The part of the mother taking the blame for the fire was extremely well done.
    One of the most memorable series in years