Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I start watching it, it's up to ep 5, but I dunno if I'm going to continue. too depressing for me.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I start watching it, it's up to ep 5, but I dunno if I'm going to continue. too depressing for me.
    I understand. It looked exciting but heavy-going to me too. The shop assistant said its those kind of serials where you
    will want to carry on watching till the end but will prob not rewatch for a long time to come. The ratings must have been good though since its a Kimura serial. The Japanese really love this guy..his stuff always do exeptionally well. My sister said Kimura is God in Japan.

Karei-naru Ichizoku is not the type of show I would normally find myself watching but I've still managed to complete it in 2 days and it was really good.

Am currently watching Boku no Ikiru Michi, a touching and meaningful show starring Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and Yada Akiko.

I'm currently watching Nodame Cantabile... I'm on my 2nd episode, and I'm hooked! It's a hilarious show... esp the lead actress...

out of 5 jdoramas of this season that i'm watching, I like Hanayome no Papa the most . The story line is cute/funny, and the actors /actresses act good too . I especially like the main actress, she's the cutest Japanese young actress to date, at least to me she is ) .

Hana Yori Dango 2!! Its pretty good!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

I have started watching Brother Beat and its not too bad. I like the elder brother's role. the actor portraying the role
    is not too bad either. First time seeing him though.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I have started watching Brother Beat and its not too bad. I like the elder brother's role. the actor portraying the role
    is not too bad either. First time seeing him though.
    I like Tatsuya best too because we (he and I) tend to see eye to eye, but Junpei would probably make the best boyfriend. I totally love the cast chemistry and their physical humor.

I finally finished Satorare and will start watching Yasha soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've decided to stop watching Bambino! and Proposal Daisakusen. Bambino's storyline is too predictable and has this self-imposed tension I find tiring (or maybe more like boring) to watch. As for PD...it has its moments and while I think it's better than Bambino, it hasn't sustained my interest overall. I give it a 'C' for Cheesiness. Hallelujah chance?!? How many "second" chances does Ken need?!? The only way I might finish the rest after the entire series has aired is if somehow, Ken doesn't end up with Rei and the present remains unchanged. That would at least be refreshing and realistic, but there's a fat chance of that happening. The background music and theme song are really nice, though.

I watched a few episodes of Sexy Voice and Robo and it's weird...not sure if I will watch more although it's interesting to see Matsuyama Kenichi go from playing a selfish jock in 1LOT to super genius L in DN to a quirky nerd in here.

Jikou Keisatsu 2 is...pretty much the same as the first installment.

Still watching:

Watashitachi no Kyokasho: This drama has what I consider well-executed tension. It's dark with plenty of twists and turns and mysterious, multifaceted characters. I always look forward to the next episode for pieces of the puzzle to finally fit together or for new pieces to be found.

Liar Game: I continue to watch this series hoping that it'll get better, build on its potential, but it really hasn't. The beginning and ending of each episode are the most interesting, since one either builds to a climax of a game or reveals how the previous game is resolved while the other leads to curiosity about the next game. In short, the build-up is good, but the return is somewhat underwhelming. Also, Akiyama's background is a lot like Kurosagi's.

Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go: I'm still watching this for Takashi and it's moderately entertaining with some laugh-out-loud moments (at least on my humor wavelength) such as when Kei and Seiji were playing Twister.

Yasha: This series features a very interesting storyline and impressive acting by Ito Hideaki in duel roles. I also like Kashiwabara Shuji as Moichi (very convincing as Sei's blind best buddy, plus I love their friendship) and Abe Hiroshi as Sei's bodyguard (not a very challenging role for someone of Abe's talent caliber, but it's kakkoii nonetheless). I was quite surprised to find that its viewership ratings were so dismal. The only drawback I can think of is way too many flashbacks which sometimes make the storyline unnecessarily draggy. For instance,
    click to show/hide spoilers
    there's a scene from episode 1 when Sei's mom was shot numerous times trying to help him escape that was replayed something like four times in a later episode.
    Even though I don't consider myself an Ito Hideaki fan, I have to say that every drama I've seen to date with him in it has been very enjoyable and worth recommending. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe he's just good at choosing worthwhile projects.

Dr. Koto's Clinic: The first two episodes were kind of boring, but this drama started growing on me after episode 3.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

proposal daisakusen was a bit cheesy but i still liked it.

i'm not sure who the main guy is, but although his not that great an actor, you still feel for him.

i for one do wish to see Ken and Rei get together in the end.

i'm to old fashion to accept a student marrying her teacher. even though they are no longer student and teacher. and maybe because they don't have enough screen time together but it does really feel like they don't love each other, just settling for second best.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    proposal daisakusen was a bit cheesy but i still liked it.

i'm not sure who the main guy is, but although his not that great an actor, you still feel for him.

i for one do wish to see Ken and Rei get together in the end.

i'm to old fashion to accept a student marrying her teacher. even though they are no longer student and teacher. and maybe because they don't have enough screen time together but it does really feel like they don't love each other, just settling for second best.
    While I do feel for Ken (played by Yamashita Tomohisa) to some extent, I grew more and more weary of seeing him fail to tell Rei again and again and again (repeat x times) how he feels about her. That whole premise is just weak given that Ken is unbelievably fortunate to clearly be aware of the outcome of his wishy-washiness. I'm sure you'll get your wish at the end.

Rei and Tada-san haven't gotten much screentime together outside the wedding, but that will probably change in the college setting. Tada-san seems like a nice (albeit dull) person as well. If Rei is just settling for second best, that doesn't say much for her character either IMO.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i agree, his fortunate to have a second (thrid, fourth...there's eleven ep so i think he gets 11 chances) yet he still can't manage to say those words. but i believe it is intentional, showing us that no matter how much Ken might really want to change the past, he has to first change himself.

if u notice, with each passing episode Ken realised more and more how wrong and indecisive he was and he grows up a bit with each realisation. i do believe by episode 9 or 10 he will finally tell her how much he cares for her.

the teacher guy was once in "leave it to the nurses" which he was very cute and lively in, i find it sad for him that he should be playing such a boring and kinda wimpy guy. he acts like a momma's boy with out his momma.

Rei, i do like, but i understand why she would settle for Tada, since waiting for Ken is just so painful and hard, after all those years, since year 3, he never understood.

although i find the writers wrong to make her get marry way to early, considering they only graduated for 6 years, that would make her about 23, 24, since i believe u usually graduated at 17 or 18.

i do question how her character, loving him as she did, would give up so easily and fast.

no matter wat though, i watched this film for Rei, Nagasawa Masami to be exact. she a very talented actress, n i've enjoyed most of her roles, especially in "Crying out love in the center of the world". its been years since someone made me cry in a movie.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I like Tatsuya best too because we (he and I) tend to see eye to eye, but Junpei would probably make the best boyfriend. I totally love the cast chemistry and their physical humor.

I finally finished Satorare and will start watching Yasha soon.
    You know,Tatsuya reminds me so much of a classic capricorn guy, all the characteristics are there..the unltra-conservativeness, the devoted loyalty to family to the point of self-sacrifical of one's marriage, the serious stern look plus
    the dry humour and the disciplinarian in him. He was so convincing that I thought he really was one! Surprise, surprise, I looked up his personal profile and he turned out to be the exact opposite...an Aries instead!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tamayama_Tetsuji

And I thought he looked tall but I didn't expect him to be that tall.

i agree, his fortunate to have a second (thrid, fourth...there's eleven ep so i think he gets 11 chances) yet he still can't manage to say those words. but i believe it is intentional, showing us that no matter how much Ken might really want to change the past, he has to first change himself.

if u notice, with each passing episode Ken realised more and more how wrong and indecisive he was and he grows up a bit with each realisation. i do believe by episode 9 or 10 he will finally tell her how much he cares for her.
    I agree with it being intentional on the drama's part, but I just don't have the patience for Ken's learning curve. To me, he actually gets way more than 11 chances since he has numerous potential opportunities each time he's sent back in time. It's only natural that people make mistakes and in the best case scenario, learn from them in hopes of not repeating them, but it seems like Ken's learned nothing from his years of making the exact same mistake over and over and he only starts to realize the error of his ways on the second go-around. He doesn't even remember the context of some of the pictures shown at the wedding (probably more to keep the audience in suspense 'til the next episode, but still...). Unless he's even thicker than I already think he is, Ken should know how Rei felt about him back then (and even now), and that kind of knowledge should serve as a confidence booster like no other. But, somehow, it doesn't and won't 'til near the triumphant, epiphanic conclusion.

the teacher guy was once in "leave it to the nurses" which he was very cute and lively in, i find it sad for him that he should be playing such a boring and kinda wimpy guy. he acts like a momma's boy with out his momma.
    Yeah, I like Fujiki Naohito and actually decided to give this series a shot for him. Unfortunately he hasn't had much screentime for character development and comes off as dull. However, I will say that at least Tada-san changed his teaching style after realizing that he needed to communicate more with the students and actually show them how much he cares.

Rei, i do like, but i understand why she would settle for Tada, since waiting for Ken is just so painful and hard, after all those years, since year 3, he never understood.

i do question how her character, loving him as she did, would give up so easily and fast.
    Given how slow Ken is, Rei could have tried just telling him how she felt about him. It's the 21st century, after all. If he still had no reaction/continued to "not understand", at least she wouldn't have any regrets "settling" for someone else.

although i find the writers wrong to make her get marry way to early, considering they only graduated for 6 years, that would make her about 23, 24, since i believe u usually graduated at 17 or 18.
    Hehe, you weren't kidding when you said you're old fashioned. I think they recently graduated from college and it's not unusual anymore for couples to get engaged while still in school. And anyway, apparently this is the only way to wake Ken up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    You know,Tatsuya reminds me so much of a classic capricorn guy, all the characteristics are there..the unltra-conservativeness, the devoted loyalty to family to the point of self-sacrifical of one's marriage, the serious stern look plus
    the dry humour and the disciplinarian in him. He was so convincing that I thought he really was one! Surprise, surprise, I looked up his personal profile and he turned out to be the exact opposite...an Aries instead!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tamayama_Tetsuji

And I thought he looked tall but I didn't expect him to be that tall.
    Yeah, Tetsuji did a good job. It's also interesting that in reality he's the youngest in his family and has no brothers, but played a very convincing older brother in BB. Hayami Mokomichi towers over everyone, so maybe that's why Tetsuji didn't come off as tall as listed. HM kinda reminds me of Dylan Guo Pinchao. I think it's the giraffe neck.

I've finished Yasha and started watching A Sleeping Forest and Itazura na Kiss. These two series balance each other out since one is dark and mysterious while the other is light-hearted and funny. I'm especially enjoying Itazura na Kiss. It's based on the same manga the Taiwanese series It Started with a Kiss is based on. Kashiwabara Takashi looked so different back then that I didn't even recognize him at first.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm watching Tatta Hitotsu no Koi or Just One Love right now. The mood seems sad right now but Kame from Kat-tun is really cute here so I'll continue to watch. It's a good story, reminds me somewhat of Hana Yori Dango.

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    I'm watching Tatta Hitotsu no Koi or Just One Love right now. The mood seems sad right now but Kame from Kat-tun is really cute here so I'll continue to watch. It's a good story, reminds me somewhat of Hana Yori Dango.
    There's actually a very short thread on this serial at this forum....

I am currently watching Himitsu no Hanazono or Secret Garden. In one sit I manage to watch the first 5 episodes. It's funny. I like the chemistry with all the character.

I never seen the main girl before, but the Kataoka brothers are not new to me. I think Osamu is the best, he's crack me up!

Osamu: Am I an Otaku?
    Satoshi: Yes, you are.
    Osamu: You don't have to answer that quick.....

Tanaka: Have I ever lied to you?
    Osamu: No, you never. You just make me feel worse. ...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I finished watching Himitsu no Hanazono last nite, it's only took me 2 nites! That has to do with the story although I don't really like the casting. Osamu is the funniest, I reckon he'll be a good otaku...

the best scene is in Episode 9 when Hinata was crying with Tsukiyama and Osamu together with Satoshi was eavesdropping at the back. I was also crying in these scene, but tears was mixed with laughter once I saw Osamu bawling and hiding his face in Satoshi's chest. The way they make my emotion going rollercoaster was amazing. And Hinata isn't that loveable at the beginning, but when he smile... my my my... he's so kawaiiiiiiii.....

Some people reckon Wataru's acting too stiff, but I think not, cause coming from his character that has to hide secrets for so long from so many people, he's become quite a weirdo ...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

almost finishing 1 liter of tears. hahas i dled a long time ago but i didnt get around to watch it. and it happens to be my first japanese series. its so good!
    The best part of believe is the lie.