Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm watching First Kiss with Ito Hideki and Inoue Mao. Pretty interesting, so far.
    she's so pretty n there...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

juz finished Jotei.
    watching 2 old series: With Love and Glass Mask.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

I've finished watching First Kiss and Ushi ni Negai o. First Kiss is forgettable and mediocre. I found Ushi ni Negai o rather novel and refreshing for its beautiful natural setting and the issues it portrayed although it wasn't a particularly outstanding drama.

I'm watching Hotaru no Hikari now.

I'm watching Oishii Puropozu - this drama makes me hungry and want to eat some pasta!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    I've finished watching First Kiss and Ushi ni Negai o. First Kiss is forgettable and mediocre. I found Ushi ni Negai o rather novel and refreshing for its beautiful natural setting and the issues it portrayed although it wasn't a particularly outstanding drama.

I'm watching Hotaru no Hikari now.
    I'm watching Hotaru no Hikari as well. Naohito Fujiki>>>>>>>>>>>>Kato Kazuki. I really don't see what Hotaru sees in Teshima. He seriously has, like, one facial expression. Max.

I managed to get through 4 episodes of First Kiss and it's all right. The theme song is quite nice, though. I'm also following some other series this season, but none really stand out.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Naohito Fujiki>>>>>>>>>>>>Kato Kazuki.
    Totally!!!! In looks and acting. Kato Kazuki looks boring. His character Teshima is just as boring, and to think he's supposed to be some hotshot up-and-coming designer? I haven't feel anything of that sort exuding from him. He has no personality!

I really don't see what Hotaru sees in Teshima. He seriously has, like, one facial expression. Max.
    I think Hotaru's naivety and the fact that the office girls think he's such a good catch has coloured her view such that she hasn't even stopped to think about love. It seems to me more of an attempt to have the honour of being Teshima's girlfriend and proving Takano buchou wrong rather than true affection for him.

I managed to get through 4 episodes of First Kiss and it's all right. The theme song is quite nice, though. I'm also following some other series this season, but none really stand out.
    Yeah this season has truly been quite unremarkable. Once again.

I finished Liar Game (last ep only) on the weekend. Perhaps because of the gap before I watched this last episode, I lost the momentum .. so yeah it's ok for me.. 3 stars out of 5. But Matshuda Shota is kakoiiii...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Totally!!!! In looks and acting. Kato Kazuki looks boring. His character Teshima is just as boring, and to think he's supposed to be some hotshot up-and-coming designer? I haven't feel anything of that sort exuding from him. He has no personality!

I think Hotaru's naivety and the fact that the office girls think he's such a good catch has coloured her view such that she hasn't even stopped to think about love. It seems to me more of an attempt to have the honour of being Teshima's girlfriend and proving Takano buchou wrong rather than true affection for him.
    Teshima makes me sleepy...verrry sleepy. I wonder if the director directed Kato Kazuki to just go through the motions or if he just really can't act.

I think it also has to do with the fact that this is Hotaru's "first love" and she steadfastly holds an ideal candle to it. I hope she will end up with Takano, but I don't have a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I finished Liar Game (last ep only) on the weekend. Perhaps because of the gap before I watched this last episode, I lost the momentum .. so yeah it's ok for me.. 3 stars out of 5. But Matshuda Shota is kakoiiii...
    I felt the same way. The last episode was kind of a let-down 'cause most of it was just a summary of all the previous episodes.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I think I read somewhere in this thread that someone was watching Tantei Gakuen Q? If so, how did they like it? was the mysteries well played out?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I think I read somewhere in this thread that someone was watching Tantei Gakuen Q? If so, how did they like it? was the mysteries well played out?
    It's decent. I like it a lot better than the special. The mysteries are pretty simple for the most part, but sometimes there are twists. Kamiki Ryunosuke, Shida Mirai, and Yamada Ryosuke are a cute trio.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Marathon

I just saw Nino's special drama' Marathon' based on a true story of an autistic Korean boy who wants to take part in a Marathon. Nino delivered a wonderful performance! The subbed drama has been uploaded at VEOH.

It's decent. I like it a lot better than the special. The mysteries are pretty simple for the most part, but sometimes there are twists. Kamiki Ryunosuke, Shida Mirai, and Yamada Ryosuke are a cute trio.
    Yeah, some of the mystery and murder cases are really simple. The concept of creating fake alibis is good, but I think they use it too many times.

Shida Mirai reminds me of Horikita Maki.

Kaname Jun does not look quite as good as he does in other dramas. These kids are so young.

Yoshitsune - historical drama contains 49 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
    Yoshitsune - historical drama contains 49 episodes.
    wuah I start to watching it but kinda lost interest

I bought Jotei yesterday and man what wrong move to do, I mean it's not even the weekend I watch it straight to ep 8! I got a headache now in the office, drink alot of coffee to get rid of it ..

[spoiler alert]
    I like the conflicts and the development. I wish it will give a surprise ending, tragic ending even! I was hoping Miki, Ayaka's best friend is a backstabber too.. he,he,he.. doesn't look like it .... but Naoto (Matsuda Shota) is the main reason I bought this series .. he,he,he.... :wub:

anyone watching this?
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Still on Kamen(Masked) Rider 555, hehe.

Hanayome to Papa (i really like Junno's character in here...such a sweet guy)
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Hana Kimi and next First Kiss I'm excited...
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

As I'm watching Hana Kimi and First Kiss at the same time, I like FK better than HK ... Inuoe Mao's acting is totally awesome. She's harsh and evil sometimes, but it's all cover up! Also Yuuka is so kakoi... he,he,he,he... I don't want this drama to finish to soon, aarrggghhh...

as for HK I've got 3 more episodes. Even in the manga I don't like the part when they caught Mizuki as girl, same thing in here. And like HYD they mixed the story, this one too, and for some reason more part on Nakatsu than Sano. It should be more romantic moment between Sano and Mizuki .. oh well..
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Started on "A Love To Kill" as per recommendation by my cuz.

Only on episode 2. So far it's ok. I like the directing/screenplay. It's different from the norm.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Started on "A Love To Kill" as per recommendation by my cuz.

Only on episode 2. So far it's ok. I like the directing/screenplay. It's different from the norm.
    That's a Korean series.

I'm currently watching Jotei, Galileo, and Joshi Deka!.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")