Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: What Japanese Series Are You Watching?

I think Strawberry Night is the best drama for this season so far... Takeuchi Yuko may be kinda overacted but her character is meant to be very insecure, trying very hard to be confident yet being commanding strong on surface. I'm watching Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi and Hayami san to Yobareru Hi, both decently nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    It's so unusual to see you here! how are you? how's life and work treating you? are u still down under?

I watched Hungry too, although it's a bit slapstick for my liking. My fave this season is Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi good story and chemistry. Surprisingly I also enjoy Hayami san to Yobareru Hi especially by the end of ep 2 the plot has got thicken . Apart from those I'm also watching Strawberry Night, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata~Ending Planner~, Seinaru Kaibutsutachi and the ever overrated Lucky 7. I decided to stop watching Shozukai although I was hyped when I first saw the cast and story, but it got too depressing and disturbing for my liking
    Still in melbourne, you?

I had been catching up to the streaming asian dramas to fill the free time.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

hey guys is there any good japanese comedy to watch
    or any good serie besid comedy

The main girl in Hungry! looks so much like Ueno Juri in some scenes. It must be her hair that reminds me of Juri's Nodame.

The food looks delicious.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm still waiting for the subs of the last 2 episodes of Hungry! It's okish- more emphasis on relationship than food anyway, I think the food could have been made more appealing or in detail.Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I'm still waiting for the subs of the last 2 episodes of Hungry! It's okish- more emphasis on relationship than food anyway, I think the food could have been made more appealing or in detail.Han Solo
    I actually think the drama puts more emphasis on Eisuke's development as a French chef and his restaurant than any romance. The romance part of the story pretty much secondary after Eisuke's transition from musician to chef.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Rewatching Journey to the West 1970 something again. the name is actually just Monkey lol. japanese version.

Still in melbourne, you?

I had been catching up to the streaming asian dramas to fill the free time.

Han Solo

still in Sydney... how's work? busy as ever?

I'm watching quite a few for this season, my fave is Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi love the chemistry~!
    Hungry!! is so-so for me, and surprisingly I enjoyed Hayami-san. Haven't start watching Saikou no Jinsei again, I wait till all out.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    still in Sydney... how's work? busy as ever?

I'm watching quite a few for this season, my fave is Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi love the chemistry~!
    Hungry!! is so-so for me, and surprisingly I enjoyed Hayami-san. Haven't start watching Saikou no Jinsei again, I wait till all out.
    Went to sydney 2 weekend ago- met up with Yittz, should have tried to contact you too.

HS
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Finished Hungry!yesterday.

Overall, not a bad series, but a few loose endings at the end.... practically begging for season 2.

As SS was saying, the maturation of a cook, with emphasis on love (of friends and lover) was the focus of the series..... but I wish that they placed more screen time on the actual french cooking as well. [ A classic for me was Shota no Sushi type but more rounded ].

Overall, 6.5/10

Han Solo
    Last edited by Han Solo; 04-02-12 at 04:03 AM.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

For Spring season so far I decide to watch this three :

Kagi no Kakatta Heya - Ohno Satoshi and Toda Erika
    Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose - Takenouchi Yutaka and Wakui Emi :x
    Ataru - Nakai Masahiro, only going to watch this because of the rave

yay!!! look forward to enjoy this season again!
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Spring season seem to bring a wave of detective dramas or at least from the ones I've watched so far.

I'm also watching Kagi no Kakatta Heya (Locked Room Mysteries?). Satoshi Ohno's character is somewhat robotic in character.

I'm also watching Legal High and I already like how Sakai Masato is portraying his character. Five minutes into the 1st episode, I already know it's going to be fun watching the verbal fights between seasoned lawyer and rookie lawyer with different dispositions in carrying out justice.

Another one I'm watching is Toshi Densetsu no Onna (Woman of Urban Legends?), where the main heroine is a police detective who likes to relate cases to urban legends or rather want to discover them because she's a big fan of urban legends, and she usually ends up solving the cases, despite her unorthodox ways of investigating.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-24-12 at 08:28 AM.

I watched 2 episodes of Legal High- not too bad. Loved to have more legalese though

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I'm adding Legal High on my watching list too ^.^ and Toshi Densetsu no Onna, although I haven't start watching it. and I still yet to finish some others from last season >.<

Legal High is hillarious, for me at least, Sakai is so good playing a selfish lawyer. And I have to say Gakki's acting improve a little bit since her Code Blue day. I love the butler too, the Renaissance man.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

I just added Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri to my watching list. And what? How come I only noticed that Fujiki Naohito is in this drama so late? When he first appeared in the 1st episode, I thought...the actor reminded me of him, but the way he dressed and how his hair looked...he looks so much younger than usual. Not saying that he's old looking, just seems to have shaven a few years off...looks younger. So the main character is the middle child? Anyway..what's up with all these detective shows this season? Seems to be an overflow of J-detective dramas lately.

I think I founded another new mystery gem in W no Higeki, at first I thought it was just another Prince and Pauper exchange and switch lives story, but there's actually some darkness and twists to it. I certainly did not expect how deeply related the two really are. Definitely like this more than Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri. I guess I'd watch Mikeneko because Fujiki Naohito is in there. But I'm actually impressed with how the main actress has portrayed both Satsuki and Mako in W no Higeki. Two girls who really are different in manner and motive. Though I fear one of them will die in the end, not sure yet, but it could happen.

Still watching Legal High- not bad.

Dropped - Toshi Densetsu no Onna - Cant stand the pretend everything is mysterious plots.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Still watching Legal High- not bad.

Dropped - Toshi Densetsu no Onna - Cant stand the pretend everything is mysterious plots.

Han Solo
    Yeah, I think I might do the same and drop that one. Looking forward to watch next episode of W no Higeki though.

Episode 5 of Legal High had the most tension although none of it occurred in a courtroom. The next one looks good on the preview too.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I was so close to follow you two and drop Toshi Densetsu but I think I just going to keep watching it

But as Suet Sung been mention it alot in here, I pick up W no Higeki and I like it. Her's attire remind me of Kaseifu no Mita and for reason I convince there's two of this girls with totally different life and personalities. Emi Takei does gets better.

Still enjoying Kagi no Kakatta, Mou Ichido and Legal High. Not really with Ataru.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.