Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: JE thread

Exactly how many shows does Kanjnai 8 host?

I heard there is this huge rumour with Subaru....anyone knows what's the story?

Kanjani8 hosts 2 TV shows Janiben and Ariehen Sekai on a weekly basis, though not all the members are hosting Ariehen Sekai. They have three weekly radio shows as well, though again not all the members host them.

Indeed there's a big rumour about Subaru, you can read about it here along with fans' comments about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by From Kanjani Eden @ LJ
    Subaru involved in scandal
    Tokyo Sports and Shukan Josei have reported that Subaru was involved in a scandal. Gist of the article is that Subaru went to a gathering with friends and there were stripping games involved, and one woman (A-san) was made to drink liquor by Subaru. At one point, A-san felt uncomfortable and had to go to the ladies and Subaru continued kissing and merry-making with the other ladies present. A-san fainted in the ladies and Subaru who was drunk didn't care and said that "A-san was better off dying". In the end, A-san had to be sent to the hospital and the room they were in was littered with condoms and the ladies were all in various state of undress.
    The news ran for two weeks in the tabloid Shukan Josei, apparently folks are saying that they are going to run it for a third week. Unless of course they choose to report Ohno and his 'scandal'. JE has not made any official comment on Subaru's 'scandal', they never might considering how some of the previous bad press of other JE members were never addressed.

Subaru showed up for the recording of Janiben the day after the story was published, so his work is probably not affected by the bad press, but I am pretty sure he is personally affected by the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Kanjani8 hosts 2 TV shows Janiben and Ariehen Sekai on a weekly basis, though not all the members are hosting Ariehen Sekai. They have three weekly radio shows as well, though again not all the members host them.

Indeed there's a big rumour about Subaru, you can read about it here along with fans' comments about the issue.

The news ran for two weeks in the tabloid Shukan Josei, apparently folks are saying that they are going to run it for a third week. Unless of course they choose to report Ohno and his 'scandal'. JE has not made any official comment on Subaru's 'scandal', they never might considering how some of the previous bad press of other JE members were never addressed.

Subaru showed up for the recording of Janiben the day after the story was published, so his work is probably not affected by the bad press, but I am pretty sure he is personally affected by the issue.
    What is your take on this Beansprouts? do you believe this is true? and now with Ohno's scandal...

I am inclined to take such rumours, whether Subaru's or Ohno's, with a pinch of salt until there's solid proof.

For Subaru, the only evidence so far is based on A-sans words. Moreover the incident happened two months ago, news is all about timeliness, why bring it up now? From the translated report, I can't see anything criminal with his behavior, even if the report is true, it just means that Subaru is a complete jerk. So I don't think there will be any serious action taken against him even if solid evidence pops up, though I would think that fans will be very disappointed in him.

As for Ohno, the timing is even worse, hello, three years ago is practically prehistoric in terms of newsworthiness. However, if solid evidence pops up, then there would be serious trouble because marijuana is illegal in Japan. The last JE member, Akasaki Akira, who was caught with illegal drug possession (methamphetamines) was fired the next day.

For both Subaru and Ohno, I doubt there will any real evidence surfacing any time soon really.

strawberry, what do you think of these two incidents?

I am inclined to take such rumours, whether Subaru's or Ohno's, with a pinch of salt until there's solid proof.

For Subaru, the only evidence so far is based on A-sans words. Moreover the incident happened two months ago, news is all about timeliness, why bring it up now? From the translated report, I can't see anything criminal with his behavior, even if the report is true, it just means that Subaru is a complete jerk. So I don't think there will be any serious action taken against him even if solid evidence pops up, though I would think that fans will be very disappointed in him.

As for Ohno, the timing is even worse, hello, three years ago is practically prehistoric in terms of newsworthiness. However, if solid evidence pops up, then there would be serious trouble because marijuana is illegal in Japan. The last JE member, Akasaki Akira, who was caught with illegal drug possession (methamphetamines) was fired the next day.

For both Subaru and Ohno, I doubt there will any real evidence surfacing any time soon really.

strawberry, what do you think of these two incidents?
    I guess I have not really gone into details for Subaru's incident. If I didn't read wrongly,
    Subaru's incident came to light so to speak because one of the girl was heavily intoxicated and had to go to the hospital? which makes this whole case sound really bad but I am not sure about solid evidence. I guess I am inclined neither way because subaru might really be guilty or he could have unwittedly offended someone and thus this happened.

As for Ohno, I am hoping for more light to be shed on it. Based on my understanding of Ohno, I am inclined not to believe but I heard there could be some truth in the threesome...I am stiill waiting for someone to shed more light and update on this. but though I am inclined that way, I'll be disappointed with ohno if he was involved in a threeome even if he is cleared of drug charges. if its true, I just wondered how the rest of Arashi could allow him to be like that cause I still think well of the group at this point.

Come to think of it, Yamapi's really clean for a popular JE idol...his worse rumours are those of with AY?...and those photos published were really clean too...not much of a deal.

I just read through some stuff about Ohno and the threesome thing, I didn't see the pictures previously, just saw it actually. I don't think there's anything wrong with having threesome if the people involved are all consenting adults, who are we to judge other people's sexual behavior. Ohno is 28, it would be really surprising if he hasn't had any sexual experiences yet. If he choose to partake in such activities and was brainless enough to take pictures, then he'll have to face the consequences, I have no sympathy really, just like Edison Chen's photos. As long as there's photographic evidence left behind, there's always a chance that these pictures will surface someday.

As for Subaru's case, there were no pictures and there were loopholes in the story. The girl was supposedly heavily intoxicated and had to go to the hospital, but apparently still clear headed enough to remember exactly what Subaru did that day, that there were condoms strewn around the place, and stripping took place. I don't know, if I am that stoned, I would have trouble remembering what had occurred.

Somebody observed that both incidents hit the most musically important members of the respective groups, any form of punishment is likely to be quite troublesome for the groups. Will just have to wait and see if there's any follow up from JE.

Yamapi certainly has not been the victim of any tabloid story yet, which probably means that he is smart enough to know how to protect himself and his career.

I just read through some stuff about Ohno and the threesome thing, I didn't see the pictures previously, just saw it actually. I don't think there's anything wrong with having threesome if the people involved are all consenting adults, who are we to judge other people's sexual behavior. Ohno is 28, it would be really surprising if he hasn't had any sexual experiences yet. If he choose to partake in such activities and was brainless enough to take pictures, then he'll have to face the consequences, I have no sympathy really, just like Edison Chen's photos. As long as there's photographic evidence left behind, there's always a chance that these pictures will surface someday.

As for Subaru's case, there were no pictures and there were loopholes in the story. The girl was supposedly heavily intoxicated and had to go to the hospital, but apparently still clear headed enough to remember exactly what Subaru did that day, that there were condoms strewn around the place, and stripping took place. I don't know, if I am that stoned, I would have trouble remembering what had occurred.

Somebody observed that both incidents hit the most musically important members of the respective groups, any form of punishment is likely to be quite troublesome for the groups. Will just have to wait and see if there's any follow up from JE.

Yamapi certainly has not been the victim of any tabloid story yet, which probably means that he is smart enough to know how to protect himself and his career.
    Thanks for your take. I guess for Ohno, I am not upset with him for having sex (if he did) more the fact that Ohno's appeal lies in him being a simple and nice guy and most imptly, the kind of pictures posed was not a behaviour I would expect from him and right again why did they allow themselves to be photographed? so...I dont' know what to say..ok...the only saving grace is he might have been heavily intoxicated but then again Ohno admitted to hanging out with those 2 girls...now that's ambiguous..what does that mean? and why would he be hanging out with 2 girls stripped to their g-strings?!...that's not the Ohno I know frankly and thus the disappointment. But overall, I somehow hope there is a decent explanation for this. I mean I still like Arashi and have certain trust in them.

no wonder Pi always seems self-conscious and wary in public appearances....it could very well be because he's afraid something like this would happen...unlike his best friend Toma, I have been following Maou interviews and observed that Toma is much more less self concious in public...I remember he once told Pi that he should lighten up and be the way he is around friends during public appearances too..but now I think bet Toma and Pi, Toma might be more likely to get himself into similar tabloid trouble than Pi...just a thought...
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-30-08 at 09:25 AM.