Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JE thread

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I just heard a radio rip of NEWS's new song, Hoshi wo Mezashite. The song is nice enough, reminds me abit of their other song, Dreams. I was expecting a more exciting and stronger single from them since they've been on a long hiatus, was kinda disappointed that the song return NEWS to their old musical path. Well I guess no matter what songs they release, it would probably sell loads, since fans are craving for new material after a year of no releases. Ah well... now will just have to wait and see how many units can NEWS sell for this single; it will be a very good indication of their popularity with only 6 member return after a long break.

Last year was an amazingly good year for JE singles on the Oricon charts, with nearly half the #1 singles on the weekly charts being occupied by JE releases. With V6 kickstarting 2007 with their #1 release last week, and an Arashi single coming soon which will no doubt score another #1, I wonder how many #1s can JE score this year.

On a side note, I am still waiting for the new JE group that is suppose to debut this year, so far still no news at all. It is seriously getting quite crowded in the younger generation of JE groups, might not be wise to churn out another group so fast. I honestly think that none of the juniors now have a strong enough fanbase to debut.

Yay for long rant!
    I have not managed to hear their new song yet. About that new group, I still can't figure out who they will be....

On a side note, somehow, Ryo seemed to look better in K-8 than in NEWS.

I have my historical landmark 5000 post. Quite happy actually...Yeh!...

5000 posts, that's alot, I have never posted that many posts in a single forum before.

strawberry, if you want to hear Hoshi wo mezashite, I can send it to you, it is a crappy radio rip though. Speaking of Ryo in NEWS and K8, well, I don't mind NEWS that much in the past but recently Ryo has been missing from K8 variety shows, I am not the only fan who is more than a little unhappy about his absence.

I love JE fanservice, it is quite amazing how far they can go sometimes. The one in yellow is Ryo while the one in orange is another K8 member, Maru. And yes, Maru is touching Ryo's crotch, the gifs were made from a K8 concert fancam when the members were acting out their Ranger Skit - hence the Power Ranger like costumes.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/2ef4b6c.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/2yn556w.gif')

5000 posts, that's alot, I have never posted that many posts in a single forum before.

strawberry, if you want to hear Hoshi wo mezashite, I can send it to you, it is a crappy radio rip though. Speaking of Ryo in NEWS and K8, well, I don't mind NEWS that much in the past but recently Ryo has been missing from K8 variety shows, I am not the only fan who is more than a little unhappy about his absence.

I love JE fanservice, it is quite amazing how far they can go sometimes. The one in yellow is Ryo while the one in orange is another K8 member, Maru. And yes, Maru is touching Ryo's crotch, the gifs were made from a K8 concert fancam when the members were acting out their Ranger Skit - hence the Power Ranger like costumes.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/2ef4b6c.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/2yn556w.gif')
    Thks. can you send it to the PM box? I know 5000 sounds a lot but once you start posting..I guess I just did it...

I am replying only now at 2 am on a Sunday night rather early Mon morning as I had been working from home earlier (Arg! on a Sunday) and had no internet access...

Why do these JE people do this touching crotch thing?..Pi did it once too when was younger...don't understand...

Why do you love JE fanservice? Under Pi's thread, evidence of what I meant...

http://yamaperfection.livejournal.co...22.html#cutid2
    Last edited by strawberry; 02-11-07 at 03:18 PM.

Yep will pm you when I get home today.

Crotching touching is not the only thing that JE folks do for fanservice, stuff like being touchy feely with each other in public, sending out suggestive jwebs, constantly mentioning names of certain members plus lotsa others. Hmmm... why do they do it? Cause the fans like it very much ? I can't really pinpoint the exact reason why I enjoy fanservice actually....

Yep will pm you when I get home today.

Crotching touching is not the only thing that JE folks do for fanservice, stuff like being touchy feely with each other in public, sending out suggestive jwebs, constantly mentioning names of certain members plus lotsa others. Hmmm... why do they do it? Cause the fans like it very much ? I can't really pinpoint the exact reason why I enjoy fanservice actually....
    thanks....

Actually, if you didn't tell me (even earlier), I would not have known that fans like this thing termed fanservice...so I guess that Yamapi and nino backstage clip was 1 form of fanservice illustrated? since they looked pretty close to each other there....

I guess I can accept fanservice but crotching? that's kind of perverted action to me...too much for me.

Bleh~ I mistyped crotch grabbing/touching.

Yep there are alot of fans who love the fanservice that JE folks give. There are plenty of x-rated fanfictions out there depicting x-rated stuff between so and so. Of course it is not everybody's cup of tea, people do get offended by it. It is rare to come across Nino and Pi's fanservice or fanfcitions, usually Pi is paired up with Toma, or Jin, or Ryo, or Kame, whereas Nino's pairings is usually a member of Arashi.

thanks for sending me the song Beansprout. I agree that its a plesant enough song, I kind of like it. and its not a crappy radio version...I think the quality is pretty good actually! thks again.
    Actually come to think of it, Japan is not a small country, your mention of the JE gps topping the Oricon single charts is actually quite a feat right? I think NEW's new single should do well as will Arashi's.
    Last edited by strawberry; 02-13-07 at 03:40 PM.

Japan's music industry is the second biggest after the States. Yes topping the charts is no small feat, but given that JE folks are huge in Japan, well, let's just say it is alot easier for them.

Something that I found interesting ---
    During Kanjani8's variety show, Ryo and two K8 members went interviewing Leah Dizon. Ryo had mentioned it on numerous occasions that he's a major fan of Leah. Pretty much everybody was looking forward to watching how Ryo will behave around her. I guess the truth is sometimes too hard to take. Ryo was a total fanboy around Leah, he was all shy and could barely string together a sentence without the word "kawaii!!!", his face was totally jealous when Leah commented that Yoko was cute. It was basically a segment whereby fans get to see Ryo in all his (un)glorious fanboy ways. Here's picture of Leah ---->

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3940/leahrl5.jpg')

Ryo being a fanboy -

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3057/001tr0.jpg') Ryo covering his face in happiness
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6346/002nw2.jpg') Sneer of death at Yoko
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7483/004tf9.jpg') Fanboy utopia

I actually found the segment absolutely hilarious since K8 were being so spastic and fanboyish. But the general vibe I get from major Ryo fans is that they do not want to see him like that. It was more painful than funny for Ryo fans when he behaved that way. I know more than a few fans who are upset/depressed/peeved about it. It is not easy to see your own idol oohing and aahing over another female, jealousy surfaces pretty fast and it hurts alot. Especially since fans get so emotionally attached to idols, believing that they belong to everybody but nobody in particular. This probably explains why pairings and fanservice are so common and popular in JE fandom, much easier to picture one idol with another idol.

Default Hoshi wo mezashite

I realise that I am actually quite fond of NEW's new song. Is that really what the theme of happy feet sounds like? or is it just for the japanese version of the movie? I am not sure which song is 'Dream' but I like this new song better than 'Cherish'.

i think this year there will be no debut group because KAT-TUN just debuted last year. And usually JE needs at least 3 years

Japan's music industry is the second biggest after the States. Yes topping the charts is no small feat, but given that JE folks are huge in Japan, well, let's just say it is alot easier for them.

Something that I found interesting ---
    During Kanjani8's variety show, Ryo and two K8 members went interviewing Leah Dizon. Ryo had mentioned it on numerous occasions that he's a major fan of Leah. Pretty much everybody was looking forward to watching how Ryo will behave around her. I guess the truth is sometimes too hard to take. Ryo was a total fanboy around Leah, he was all shy and could barely string together a sentence without the word "kawaii!!!", his face was totally jealous when Leah commented that Yoko was cute. It was basically a segment whereby fans get to see Ryo in all his (un)glorious fanboy ways. Here's picture of Leah ---->

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3940/leahrl5.jpg')

Ryo being a fanboy -

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3057/001tr0.jpg') Ryo covering his face in happiness
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6346/002nw2.jpg') Sneer of death at Yoko
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7483/004tf9.jpg') Fanboy utopia

I actually found the segment absolutely hilarious since K8 were being so spastic and fanboyish. But the general vibe I get from major Ryo fans is that they do not want to see him like that. It was more painful than funny for Ryo fans when he behaved that way. I know more than a few fans who are upset/depressed/peeved about it. It is not easy to see your own idol oohing and aahing over another female, jealousy surfaces pretty fast and it hurts alot. Especially since fans get so emotionally attached to idols, believing that they belong to everybody but nobody in particular. This probably explains why pairings and fanservice are so common and popular in JE fandom, much easier to picture one idol with another idol.
    I want to see this clip! Who’s Leah Dizon in the first place?

I probably would have found it hilarious too in that sense.

I can understand that Ryo fans are upset, depressed and that its painful for them to see him like that etc….but to say it hurts a lot… I guess its true… but for outsiders of the JE world or fandom world, it would have come across as too dramatic and even crazy. You know, the truth of the matter is, Ryo is a JE artist idol and not anyone’s boyfriend for that matter! But I guess sometimes its difficult for fans to separate reality from fans’ fantasy world. Even with that said, I still say I understand Ryo’s fans’… shall I say anguish and jealousy…that’s’ what happens when you are really deep in the fandom world I guess. Fans indeed do develop attachment to the artists they like and support and that’s why they are affected,.sometimes even to the extent of being badly affected.

Actually, I really don't mind seeing Yamapi in the situation above...it will be interesting to see his reaction...and anything to see his smile and old self return.

Wonder if he is a big fan of any female artists?

You can check out the clip here - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qTAHEgaG6rc

Leah Dizon is a gravure idol グラビアアイドル she poses regularly in bikinis and other provocative clothing for magazines targeted at men. However, unlike PlayBoy models, gravure idols do not pose nude, some of them are as young as 12 years old. Leah got really popular in recent months, her face is splashed everywhere, and she just released a single. Here's an interesting article about her.

It would be interesting to see pretty much all the very popular JE idols in this situation, but I don't think Pi would be reduced to a puddle of fanboyism like Ryo though. Hmm, I don't recall Pi ever expresses his liking for any particular female celebrity, as least not in the way Ryo does. Somebody mentioned that why of all the female celebrities in Japan, Ryo has to like a gravure idol... a little bit, um, low class.

Leah Dizon is a gravure idol グラビアアイドル she poses regularly in bikinis and other provocative clothing for magazines targeted at men. However, unlike PlayBoy models, gravure idols do not pose nude, some of them are as young as 12 years old. Leah got really popular in recent months, her face is splashed everywhere, and she just released a single. Here's an interesting article about her.

It would be interesting to see pretty much all the very popular JE idols in this situation, but I don't think Pi would be reduced to a puddle of fanboyism like Ryo though. Hmm, I don't recall Pi ever expresses his liking for any particular female celebrity, as least not in the way Ryo does. Somebody mentioned that why of all the female celebrities in Japan, Ryo has to like a gravure idol... a little bit, um, low class.
    As young as 12? That’s bad. I always felt that the Japanese are among the most suppressed and lustful people I know…actually the Chinese are too. From that photo you posted, she looks like a giant esp I think next to Ryo whom I always see as a petite guy.

I also think that Pi would not be reduced to this state. He’s more guarded but he might be kawaii about it. Is it low class? Anyway, I thought that this statement is really funny!

She's only 21??! My...I thought she looked at least in her mid-20s and actually, Ryo is taller than her or perhaps same height....what's 5'6? 1.68?

You know, many places stated Yamapi as 174-176 cm and Ryo as 170 but sometimes, I look at them and they looked the same height to me.

i think it's normal responds from Ryo he's a man yooo!! I remembered in Utawara, Jin's also had a shy smiles when his idol came as a guest

just saw the clip..she looks different in person and younger too. I don't find her very attractive though she's definitely considered to be a conventional looker....she looks more caucasian than pan-asian.

and she speaks Japanese?!! wow....

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    You know, many places stated Yamapi as 174-176 cm and Ryo as 170 but sometimes, I look at them and they looked the same height to me.
    Although I haven't seen nearly as much of Ryo as Yamapi, I've always been under this impression.

If anyone's interested, there's actually a thread on Leah Dizon here at SPCNET: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18353
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun
    i think it's normal responds from Ryo he's a man yooo!! I remembered in Utawara, Jin's also had a shy smiles when his idol came as a guest
    Jin had a shy smile, but Ryo turned into super fanboy when he saw Leah Dizon. The other member even make fun of Ryo and said "You're talking more than usual. Stop".

I don't think she speaks Japanese that well, at least not well enough to be the main guest for the show. The part whereby Ryo and co went interviewing her was just a short segment of the show, usually they have a main guest come and all the members of K8 will talk to the guest.

I find Pi to be slightly taller than Ryo most of the time, perhaps it's the shoes they wear that make the slight difference in height disappear, maybe Ryo likes to wear shoes with thick soles ? Anyway, some fans were saying how Leah is taller than Ryo in heels and she's probably heavier than him, haha, which might be true since Ryo is so skinny.

NEWS and Arashi appeared on Music Station yesterday, do check out their performances!!

I'll won't be around the next few days, so..

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

Before I disappear for the weekend, just a couple of thoughts about NEWS MS performance.

Nice clothes, very nice clothes, Pi and Ryo looked very very good.
    Watching them perform Hoshi wo mezashite live... how do I put it, it is a very boyband-ish song, I can't imagine Kanjani8 doing this type of song
    Pi cut his hair, thank god!!!
    Ryo looked a bit distant during the talk segment

Video is up at youtube, do check it out.