Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JE thread

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Jin had a shy smile, but Ryo turned into super fanboy when he saw Leah Dizon. The other member even make fun of Ryo and said "You're talking more than usual. Stop".

I don't think she speaks Japanese that well, at least not well enough to be the main guest for the show. The part whereby Ryo and co went interviewing her was just a short segment of the show, usually they have a main guest come and all the members of K8 will talk to the guest.

I find Pi to be slightly taller than Ryo most of the time, perhaps it's the shoes they wear that make the slight difference in height disappear, maybe Ryo likes to wear shoes with thick soles ? Anyway, some fans were saying how Leah is taller than Ryo in heels and she's probably heavier than him, haha, which might be true since Ryo is so skinny.

NEWS and Arashi appeared on Music Station yesterday, do check out their performances!!

I'll won't be around the next few days, so..

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!
    Happy Chinese New Year!!

and Pi cutting his hair is really great...I like the new song but I felt that NEWs' performance was pretty forgettable. i prefer Arashi's.

Kame and Ryo are the same height but I observed the height difference bet Pi and Kame is more obvious...
    Last edited by strawberry; 02-17-07 at 01:59 AM.

Default Kamjani 8

A short clip of K8 in children uniform... I thought they look cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKT7jIYXCts

You can check out the clip here - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qTAHEgaG6rc

Leah Dizon is a gravure idol グラビアアイドル she poses regularly in bikinis and other provocative clothing for magazines targeted at men. However, unlike PlayBoy models, gravure idols do not pose nude, some of them are as young as 12 years old. Leah got really popular in recent months, her face is splashed everywhere, and she just released a single. Here's an interesting article about her.

It would be interesting to see pretty much all the very popular JE idols in this situation, but I don't think Pi would be reduced to a puddle of fanboyism like Ryo though. Hmm, I don't recall Pi ever expresses his liking for any particular female celebrity, as least not in the way Ryo does. Somebody mentioned that why of all the female celebrities in Japan, Ryo has to like a gravure idol... a little bit, um, low class.
    you know that photo of Leah posted above, she looks very elegant but seeing her in person, she really does not give me the same feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    A short clip of K8 in children uniform... I thought they look cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKT7jIYXCts
    Thanks! HOw cute of him.

you know that photo of Leah posted above, she looks very elegant but seeing her in person, she really does not give me the same feeling...
    Haha... my sentiments exactly, I guess the pictures were very heavily photoshopped.

I watched the MS performances a few more times, I don't know why but NEWS performance crack me up in the middle with their very boyband moves. Arashi was being themselves as usual with the happy song, not a big fan of the song though. Nino's appearance was quite funny, I like the interaction between Arashi and NEWS, and how Arashi were going "Fresh!".

Haha... my sentiments exactly, I guess the pictures were very heavily photoshopped.

I watched the MS performances a few more times, I don't know why but NEWS performance crack me up in the middle with their very boyband moves. Arashi was being themselves as usual with the happy song, not a big fan of the song though. Nino's appearance was quite funny, I like the interaction between Arashi and NEWS, and how Arashi were going "Fresh!".
    I saw even more photos of Leah..she most certainly is not elegant and would not be the type of girl that attracts me if I was a guy. I am surprised that Ryo likes her, I certainly don't, she's definitley not classy-looking...actually, stereotyping, she looks like the popular kind of girls in school that think the world of themselves.

Ryo said that he like girls who look like they've got a bit of foreign blood in them, not surprised that he likes Leah, since she's mixed blood and all. Yep I agree that she doesn't come across as elegant and classy, I have rather low opinion of gravure idols basically.

Speaking of Ryo, he's not appearing in the Spring drama he's supposed to be in, that means he has not been in a drama since Attention Please. Kind of expected since NEWS is touring this couple of months followed by Kanjani8's tour, he wouldn't have time to do so many things at once.

I've purchased a Kanjani8 calendar recently, wow, I am pretty impressed by JE's money making schemes, I still can't quite believe that I forked out so much $$$ for a calendar I'll probably never put up. And that I am actually buying singles and albums in both limited and regular editions... JE is bankrupting me in a very rapid manner, and I am a willing party.

Ryo said that he like girls who look like they've got a bit of foreign blood in them, not surprised that he likes Leah, since she's mixed blood and all. Yep I agree that she doesn't come across as elegant and classy, I have rather low opinion of gravure idols basically.

Speaking of Ryo, he's not appearing in the Spring drama he's supposed to be in, that means he has not been in a drama since Attention Please. Kind of expected since NEWS is touring this couple of months followed by Kanjani8's tour, he wouldn't have time to do so many things at once.

I've purchased a Kanjani8 calendar recently, wow, I am pretty impressed by JE's money making schemes, I still can't quite believe that I forked out so much $$$ for a calendar I'll probably never put up. And that I am actually buying singles and albums in both limited and regular editions... JE is bankrupting me in a very rapid manner, and I am a willing party.
    Actually, she gives me certain vibes but I don't want to be rude so I am not going to say it...but you put it across well, her looks and vibes make me have a low opinion of her. There are mixed-blood girls who are really beautiful and classy like Kristin Kreuk and Michelle Reis.

Your post is so funny! Bankrupting you but you are a willing party...ha ha...but its true....my sister and I also spent a great deal on JE stuff...though we are both earning our own keep and actually I a lot more than her...still I think that we should be more selective in our purchase at times. Occasionally, we even give in to impluses.

You bought the Johnny's back to school calendar 07-08 for K8? Where did you get yours from? is it good? The CDs you are buying must be K8's too right?

Not to worry, this is a phase, once you are over this, you won't spend as much ...but I am pretty sure you prefer to be in the phase than out of it..afterall, its really fun and enjoyable and its great to have stuff to look forward to as well...like a passion or interest....like you say, we are all willing parties. I think JE is smart in terms of ways they come up with to earn our money but they are also earning my money because I happen to have ended up liking artists from their agency and that's not a given...purely by chance.
    Last edited by strawberry; 03-02-07 at 12:12 PM.

I love Aiba in these 2 clips of Arashi learning mandarin!

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Jf6...elated&search=

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqf_m0Kf68I

I should have posted these under the Arashi thread...you know wat, I am going to do that...
    Last edited by strawberry; 03-02-07 at 12:19 PM.

I certainly spend a great deal on K8, almost all my online purchases are Kanjani8 related. As for the calendar, it has alot of little stuff that came along and it is not a normal flip calendar but some kind of stand to hold the pages... hard to explain, but my point is that it's really fun to play with it, despite spending a bomb on it, I am really quite glad I bought it. My K8 CD collection is almost complete, which means I'll stop spending so much and only purchase stuff as they release.... thankfully.

I don't know how long I will be a JE fan, or rather a K8 fan, I do think it will go on for a long time, because prior to this, I've never invested so much time and money on an artist/s before, nor have I been so involved in a fandom before. Haha... I don't really think of it as a phase actually, I've supported a few artists for years and years, though not quite in the same way I support K8.

Something I find interesting... I've never spent a single cent on Pi before!!

I certainly spend a great deal on K8, almost all my online purchases are Kanjani8 related. As for the calendar, it has alot of little stuff that came along and it is not a normal flip calendar but some kind of stand to hold the pages... hard to explain, but my point is that it's really fun to play with it, despite spending a bomb on it, I am really quite glad I bought it. My K8 CD collection is almost complete, which means I'll stop spending so much and only purchase stuff as they release.... thankfully.

I don't know how long I will be a JE fan, or rather a K8 fan, I do think it will go on for a long time, because prior to this, I've never invested so much time and money on an artist/s before, nor have I been so involved in a fandom before. Haha... I don't really think of it as a phase actually, I've supported a few artists for years and years, though not quite in the same way I support K8.

Something I find interesting... I've never spent a single cent on Pi before!!
    I too wonder why that is so...(not spending on Pi)....most certainly, Arashi and Yamapi are the culprits behind our shrinking bank accounts! ha ha..

another money will be spent because KAT-TUN will release dvd of their last year debut concerton 11th April
    Last edited by tanteun; 03-02-07 at 01:56 PM.

I am hoping JE will release Arashi's 2006 concert DVD ..and NEWs's 2006 spring concert too.

I just saw NEWS new PV - Hoshi wo mezashite.
    I am a little surprised at how budget-ish it is, thought they'd come back with a bang, but so far, it has been a whimper of sorts. The PV was pretty boring, basically trying to make the members look as good as possible, alot of up-close shots, nice hair and nice clothes. I thought they are going to dance a little, since the song had one of the better choreography I've seen from JE, but they didn't.

These two scenes save the PV from being an utter failure of sorts for me.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-85944.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-86361.png')

I just saw NEWS new PV - Hoshi wo mezashite.
    I am a little surprised at how budget-ish it is, thought they'd come back with a bang, but so far, it has been a whimper of sorts. The PV was pretty boring, basically trying to make the members look as good as possible, alot of up-close shots, nice hair and nice clothes. I thought they are going to dance a little, since the song had one of the better choreography I've seen from JE, but they didn't.

These two scenes save the PV from being an utter failure of sorts for me.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-85944.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-86361.png')
    you are fast...I was going to ask you for your comments on the new PV..I kind of like it..simple and nice. That shot of Pi with that shan P papercup...my sis thought each of them were going to do it.. When she realised that only Pi did it, she went "Ha....Ego!' ...funny I thought.

and my sister went on about how much Tegoshi looked like a girl...I also felt the same...he was once so boyish...what happened to him? I just don't know what made the diference....my sis said that Pi's hair is really short in the new drama...I couldn't really tell.

For those who have no idea what we are talking about
    Below You-Tube link of NEWS's new PV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-djXW1Ueso
    Last edited by strawberry; 03-06-07 at 09:40 AM.

For those who have no idea what we are talking about
    Below You-Tube link of NEWS's new PV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-djXW1Ueso
    You know, I have read some comments at you-tube with fans saying that Pi's teeth looked strange etc..so I am just wondering...does it really matter? and do you guys think its a good idea for Pi to wear braces?

Yea well, Pi's teeth is kinda crooked, but I don't think it is really that serious. Sure his teeth would look alot better with either braces or corrective surgery, but I don't think it really matters anyway. That's part of him and I would rather artists not to go to such great measures to have perfect teeth or perfect nose or perfect whatever.

I noticed how Tegoshi has changed too... particularly over the past year. He gave me a really strong impression the first time I saw NEWS in Domoto Kyodai. He was such an adorable and boyish kid then, his image now steers heavily towards the androgynous with his long hair and pretty face. But I think he carries it off pretty well, out the various members, he's the only one who can pull off such an image now. Too bad Uchi isn't around, he's pretty enough to give Tegoshi a run for his money

Yea well, Pi's teeth is kinda crooked, but I don't think it is really that serious. Sure his teeth would look alot better with either braces or corrective surgery, but I don't think it really matters anyway. That's part of him and I would rather artists not to go to such great measures to have perfect teeth or perfect nose or perfect whatever.
    Well said man! I think my sis is with you on this as well