Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: JE thread

Default JE thread

I decided to start a general thread on JE stars as the Yamapi thread is slowing down and to give other JE groups a place for discussion as well. My first contribution: a PV by Kanjani 8.

First PV I see of them...this song crack me up and I think Ryo is cute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEjk_FpONY

Enjoy and feel free to add on....

I noticed that there are so many clicks for this PV though it was up only in Dec 06...wow...is Kanjani 8 that popular? I didn't realize...

and objectively, how are they as singers?
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-14-07 at 02:15 AM.

I am just curious..why does the K8 members dressed up as women in this segment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyWM...elated&search=

Default Song fight Kattun VS News

yes I don't like Kattun very much , neither do I like NEWs a lot but this song fight between the 2 groups is well-executed...check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vOQmiLyzc

check out Yamapi and Kame's parts here...its especially interesting that they are up against each other when they were not getting along that well then....
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-14-07 at 06:33 AM.

How about providing some information on and pics of the various groups/members in JE? I'm only a little familiar with them 'cause I've seen some of them in dramas, but for those who have no clue at all, perhaps it'll help (especially in the opening post). Just a suggestion.

Here are the groups I know of:

TOKIO
    V6
    SMAP
    Arashi
    NewS
    Tackey and Tsubasa
    KAT-TUN
    Kanjani 8
    KinKi Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    How about providing some information on and pics of the various groups/members in JE? I'm only a little familiar with them 'cause I've seen some of them in dramas, but for those who have no clue at all, perhaps it'll help (especially in the opening post). Just a suggestion.

TOKIO
    V6
    SMAP
    Arashi
    NewS
    Tackey and Tsubasa
    KAT-TUN
    Kanjani 8
    KinKi Kids

Its s good suggestion but I don't have time to go about this yet...maybe when I have time...and I don't know how to do pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am just curious..why does the K8 members dressed up as women in this segment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WyWM...elated&search=
    The clip has been removed, but I think it is probably the Okan skit segment in K8's weekly show, Honjani. They dressed up as Okan (also known as Aunties in Singapore) and play games for amusement purposes.

The PV by K8 is their latest single, naturally the hits will be very high even though it's fairly new. Also the fact that K8 has been growing steadily in popularity the past year, Kanfu Fighting is their most successful single to date. Do try out some other non-crack/non-funny K8 songs, there's more to Kanjani8 than a bunch of funny guys and crack songs.

I'll try to post some profiles of the JE groups, well, those that I am more familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge

TOKIO
    V6
    SMAP
    Arashi
    NewS
    Tackey and Tsubasa
    KAT-TUN
    Kanjani 8
    KinKi Kids
    To expand on the list:

V6 is made up of Coming Century and Twentieth Century. Coming Cen makes up of the three younger members; Miyake Ken, Okada Junichi and Morita Go. Twentieth Cen makes up of the three older members; Sakamoto, Innochi and Nagano

KinKi Kids have their own solo projects; Domoto Tsuyoshi releases singles under ENDLICHERI☆ENDLICHERI, Domoto Koichi releases under his own name.

2 of Kanjani8 members, Nishikido Ryo and Uchi Hiroki are also in NEWS.

This is all I can think of at 1 am in the morning

Check out Arashi's concert performance of Jam

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/s...za-now-concert

and Pi and Kame's charity performance of Seishun Amigo.

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/s...seisshun-amigo

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    The clip has been removed, but I think it is probably the Okan skit segment in K8's weekly show, Honjani. They dressed up as Okan (also known as Aunties in Singapore) and play games for amusement purposes.

The PV by K8 is their latest single, naturally the hits will be very high even though it's fairly new. Also the fact that K8 has been growing steadily in popularity the past year, Kanfu Fighting is their most successful single to date. Do try out some other non-crack/non-funny K8 songs, there's more to Kanjani8 than a bunch of funny guys and crack songs.

I'll try to post some profiles of the JE groups, well, those that I am more familiar with.
    Thanks. If possible, can you post some links of other K8 songs that you would recommend? I really like Kungfu fighting though.

Actually, I think Lady ZG has pretty much covered the main groups in JE...

Default Nino's new drama

I have pretty much started watching Nino's new drama. The thing I notice about Nino is that he pretty much seems to always be cast in roles with complicated backgrounds that are not as viewership-friendly as say Jun's Hana Yori. And since the writer for his new drama was behind Yasashii Jikan and going by the first episode I have seen, I fear that the show is going to head in the heavy drama direction.

I think it is great that Nino and Yoko are starring in a drama not targeted at the usual JE fans demographics. I watched the first episode of Haikei without subs, most of the storyline is lost on me, but I do think both Nino and Yoko are doing a great job with their roles. I am not sure whether I'll like the show or not at this point, but will definitely continue watching.

Lady ZG has pretty much covered all the groups that are currently active, with the exception of Shonentai and of course Matchy --- then again, nobody under the age of 30 is really into them anyway

Thanks. If possible, can you post some links of other K8 songs that you would recommend? I really like Kungfu fighting though.
    Ok, now, songs to recommend, where do I begin

Osaka Romanesque ---> This is one song that everybody loves, K8 fan or not.
    Osaka Rainy Blues ---> One of my favourite K8 songs ever
    Naniwa Iroha Bushi ---> First K8 single, it has a very enka-ish feel to the song
    Sukiyanen, Osaka ---> Very catchy, very genki, very Kanjani8
    Heavenly Psycho ---> Rock number by K8, they are all playing instruments, well, except for two

Well, that's all for now, I can go on and on if I want to, I gave a variety of genres, from rock to enka to ballads to abit jazzy. I pretty much like all of K8's rock songs, I think they are really strong in that genre.

Someone made a fan video of Japanese hunks. The music is from Tokyo, Fast and furious..its not bad...but I think they should have included Tsukamoto Takashi as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEPE...elated&search=

I think it is great that Nino and Yoko are starring in a drama not targeted at the usual JE fans demographics. I watched the first episode of Haikei without subs, most of the storyline is lost on me, but I do think both Nino and Yoko are doing a great job with their roles. I am not sure whether I'll like the show or not at this point, but will definitely continue watching.

Lady ZG has pretty much covered all the groups that are currently active, with the exception of Shonentai and of course Matchy --- then again, nobody under the age of 30 is really into them anyway
    Actually, I think almost all of Nino's dramas do not target the usual JE fans...strange...I will definitely carry on with the show.

thks for the Kanjani 8 song recommendations. will check them out.

Nishikido Ryo's classic moment on TV.

The blond braids, the hairy legs, the awful clothes, and OMG, do I see his undies ???

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-70854.png')

Nishikido Ryo's classic moment on TV.

The blond braids, the hairy legs, the awful clothes, and OMG, do I see his undies ???

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/beansprouts/vlcsnap-70854.png')
    Do you have the link to that clip showing Ryo's classic scene? if yes, I will like to see it...thks very much.
    Beansprouts, between Ryo and Yamapi, who do you like more?

and objectively, how are they as singers?
    Hey, I realized I missed this comment.
    Hmm... objectively I would say most of K8 members are average JE singers, meaning neither good nor bad, just average. Lead singer for K8 is Subaru, I really like his voice, very unique and powerful, his live performance are amazing. But there are people who find his voice whiny and irritating though

The others who get solo parts in songs would be Ryo, Uchi (when he was not suspended) and more recently Ohkura. I do think that Ryo sounds much better in K8 than in NEWS, not being bias here definitely because K8 seldom sings very pop-ish sounding songs which are, IMO, not suitable for Ryo's voice.

Do you have the link to that clip showing Ryo's classic scene? if yes, I will like to see it...thks very much.
    Beansprouts, between Ryo and Yamapi, who do you like more?
    I don't think the clip is up on Youtube actually, I downloaded the Honjani episode and it was part of the Okan segment. They were playing batsu game and were electrocuted, all of them fell down and Ryo flashed everybody with his undies

Oh wow... who do I like more between Ryo and Pi... I am not too sure myself since I like them in very different ways. Ryo is such a interesting character to watch; poison tongue, cool exterior but really a big kid at heart. Ryo kinda gradually grows on me as I watch more and more of him together with K8, when I first saw him in NEWS, I didn't pay much attention to him or find him particularly interesting. Whereas Pi is somebody I've been paying attention to from the first time I watched him in a drama, his change through the years, his maturity both as a person and artiste.