Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre(天涯, 明月, 刀)

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    My interpretation of this - TYMYD takes place some 30-40 years after DQJKWQJ ...
    My guess is that Little Li's dagger was so infamous that people of later generations lost sight of the fact that the dagger was quite ordinary. The only people who knew were dead already. This fact was probably lost on later generations since both Li and Ye Kai disappeared quite abruptly after their fame. And if I recall correctly, I think Li only carried 1 dagger ... so he definitely had to keep collecting his daggers back.

Also, I think all the weapons in that hall were from people who were defeated and fell into their hands. Li never lost so naturally his dagger wouldn't be there. I think GL goofed up a bit when Madame Zhuo said that they were also missing the Peacock Plume, which Gongzi Yu claimed had long been in his possession.
    Actually, in Flying Dagger, Flying Dagger Appears Again his grandson did inherit his flying dagger.

Thank you RWX!

A great translation of a great story!

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    My interpretation of this - TYMYD takes place some 30-40 years after DQJKWQJ ...
    My guess is that Little Li's dagger was so infamous that people of later generations lost sight of the fact that the dagger was quite ordinary. The only people who knew were dead already. This fact was probably lost on later generations since both Li and Ye Kai disappeared quite abruptly after their fame. And if I recall correctly, I think Li only carried 1 dagger ... so he definitely had to keep collecting his daggers back.

Li carried more then 1 dagger I believe. I think it was during the Shaolin scene or before, early in the book. No-one was sure how many daggers he carried and so the villians did not dare approach even after he threw one. Of course he could be bluffing but there was no indication in the whole of DQJKWQJ that he only carried one.

In addition, at Shangguan's hall (when he was saving Ah Fei), he threw one on the floor before he faced SGJH. That would indicate that he should have at least 1 more dagger.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

WOooOOOo! Congrats RWX on placing the finishing touches to a great translation. Thanks to all who contributed!

Thanks for the translation, I didn't read it until it was mentioned that it was completed.

I actually like this a lot out of GL's stories (a lot of which start interesting but don't pay off). Is it just me or does this one seem shorter but much more straightforward (almost railroading in fact) despite some of the mysteries? I feel that really works out better since the story actually wraps up.

This was amazing to read from start to finish. Many thanks to the translators and editors. My new favorite Gu Long story.

I love how things get finished while I am not looking. Now i have another book to add to the list of things to read. I am glad to hear you are picking up Bordertown Wanderer. I can't wait for the day that I can read all the Flying Dagger canon back to back.

Missouri.slim

Unlike TYMYD, which I had to start from 30% of the way in, There's only 10 or so chapters left to Bordertown Wanderer; 80% of the work is already done, really. Hopefully, it won't take too long!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Unlike TYMYD, which I had to start from 30% of the way in, There's only 10 or so chapters left to Bordertown Wanderer; 80% of the work is already done, really. Hopefully, it won't take too long!
    Good to hear-- I doubt I am the only one looking forward to it. Thanks fro the heads up on how much is left. I like to know how far away the end is.

It seems that there is work being done on several translations that have been inactive for a while. I appreciate all the work of all the people who worked on them, original translators, relief translators, and editors.

Missouri.slim

I haven't been to SPCNet in years... stopped by today to look at a review, and noticed this topic. As with others, I'm very glad that the translation of this novel is finally done, and I applaud the wonderful work that was done. I am only sorry that I couldn't finish the translation, having started it.

I note the changes that have been made to the sections that I translated so many years ago (due to the incomplete online source that I was using). Can anybody give me a good online source for reading Chinese materials? Preferably simplified Chinese, but I can attempt to struggle through Traditional Chinese. One reason why I stopped was because I got lost with the thrust of the story as I went on reading, and I knew the problem was with my source material. I don't mind the editions of Chowbeng to my work, but now that I know that there was errors in the source that I was working with, I hope to be able to correct some of these errors in the parts that I translated myself.

Once again, great job with the translations!
    Last edited by metwin1; 02-17-10 at 02:01 AM. Reason: missing sentence

BTTT.....again this was an excellent novel and great translation. Any plans by anyone to translate the final book in the series? At least I thought there was one more....

metwin1: It is great to have the orginal translator back! Not sure if I can help with a reliable online source as I translated off the book. I do notice that many online sources shared the same errors.

Default Amazing!

Boundless thanks for a wonderful translation. Gu Long's life was inextricably intertwined with "The Floating World" (he lived in a "Flower House" and married a "Flower"), so his writing is fragrantly infused with "Beauty".
    I have never seen a picture of him when he was young (handsome?) (Or rich?) The girls prefer money and forsake love (my personal experience, haha)
    Dave

Thanks a lot for translating this. You will have readers as long as this website is up. If you pick a good story, you will never have to worry about whether people will read it.

stumbled upon this fantastic translation and story. finished reading this i day and i night. thank you

Thax translator.

I don't understand this stories. Why FHX is the strongest?
    What happen to Ye Kai? Ye Kai can match him right, has Ye Kai die at this time.

Ye Kai was mentioned as no. 1 but 'retired' (left the wuling scene completely, like his master, dagger Lee) - leaving FHX the one with saddled with the fame...

Mingyue Xin said, "It is said that the List was put together by Gongzhi Yu himself. On the List there is a total of thirteen names."

Fu Hongxue sneered, "His own name is of course not on the List."

Mingyue Xin confirmed, "You are certainly right."

Fu Hongxue's eyes flashed and asked again, "What about Ye Kai?"

Mingyue Xin answered, "Ye Kai's name isn't there too. Maybe it is because he had completely severed his ties with Jianghu, already a man above Man, already a cloud above Heaven."

Here is where I found YK being mentioned as No. 1 for his generation:

Fu Hongxue interrupted him, calmly said, "I know I am not a hero. I know only how to kill people, but not how to save them."

Yan Nanfei continued, "I did know that you are not a hero, simply because you have no intention to be one."

Fu Hongxue said, "The three you mentioned are Shen Lang, Li XunHuan and Ye Kai?"

Yan Nanfei nodded, "Only those three are fit to be called true heroes. No one in Jianghu could dispute that. The first decade belongs to Shen Lang, XiaoLi Flying Dagger dominated the second decade and in the third decade Ye Kai took over."

Fu Hongxue said, "In the last ten years?"

Yan Nanfei laughed coldly, "Jianghu of today without a doubt belongs to Gongzi Yu." The winecup was full again, he again quaffed it down in one go. "He not only have close ties with the Imperial family, he is also Shen Lang's only successor. He is famous, charming and suave. Excellent in literary arts and unmatched martial skills. A great swordman!
    "

Maybe someone with better memory can correct me, if I my understanding is wrong.

It amazed me that YK could walk away from Jianghu (and fame) just like that, considering he is at the age similar to FHX...

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    It amazed me that YK could walk away from Jianghu (and fame) just like that, considering he is at the age similar to FHX...
    Now I see. Thax

But left Jianghu at age of mid thirties, woww....he must not interested in Jianghu in the first place.