Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malaysian singers

Before Ziana Zain and list of etc, there Fauziah Ahmad Daud, Noor Kumalasari and late Sudirman. Not only vocal but showmanship. There is also another, Jamal Abdillah who by right, the big brother of Malaysian Music Industry but unfortunately..... never mind him.

The Chinese singers like Victor Nicholas Fish started late, which not my time. When Eric started, not that well known as he today. Anyway, I like the song "Fairy tale" or something to that effect, it won one major recognition for soundtrack if not mistaken, few years back but dunno which one
    Last edited by sheraldine; 06-09-09 at 02:37 AM.

Francesca Peter has a really beautiful too.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-09-09 at 03:12 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Francesca Peter has a really beautiful too.
    But it seems her career cut short. Anyone know the winds behind?

Yin (符瓊音) has released her own album June 2009. Has anyone listen to it yet?

粉紅點唱機
    http://www.skyhigh.com.tw/meeia/

I was curious about Yin and just previewed her album. Her singing is not bad, I kind of like her voice. Too bad all the songs she sang were covers. I'm looking forward to hearing more songs from her.

What do you think about the album kidd?

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    I was curious about Yin and just previewed her album. Her singing is not bad, I kind of like her voice. Too bad all the songs she sang were covers. I'm looking forward to hearing more songs from her.

What do you think about the album kidd?
    Like you, I was disappointed that all the songs are cover versions. I know that they couldn't dedicate so many new songs for a newbie singer. But, a mixture of cover versions and new songs would make the album more attractive. Or make it a theme album where all the songs are from 1 era or one genre (like Michael Buble singing oldies). Hope the album does well so that she can have another with more original songs.

Yin has a very beautiful voice, but, she has the tendency to belt too much nowadays (American Idol would love her. ). I don't know, just my taste. I don't like singers that over belt. But, I really do like her voice. I like when she sings like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDhfz5iojI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDhfz5iojI
    Last edited by kidd; 11-03-09 at 05:23 AM.

Yup, I agree with you Kidd, an album with a mix of new and cover songs would have been nice. Well, hope her album is well received too.

I know what you mean about singers that over belts. It bothers me too. But yeah, she still has a nice voice.

Hmm, I noticed that no one mentioned Quincy Chen (陳仁豐) or either that I might have missed his name while skimming through this thread. He's from Malaysia, right? Is he not very well known?

I have to admit that I knew nothing about Quincy Tan before you mention him here. I'm not very familiar with newer Malaysian singers. Only a few that has participated in Malaysian Idol, SuperStar and Astro Singing Contest. Even those, I only know the older participants. But, I check out Quincy Tan in wikipedia.

Wow, he sure is one talented and intelligent guy. Will look check out his work later in youtube.

Btw, I wish some Malaysian singers will produce Cantonese album. Being a Cantonese speaker, I prefers Canto song. Those hailed from KL and Ipoh should be able to sing Cantonese well.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-17-09 at 05:27 AM.

I'm not up to date with new Malaysian singers either. I actually only discovered Quincy Tan recently this year. Were you able to find any of his music videos on Youtube? There doesn't seem to be much info on him.

Yeah, it would be nice if Malaysian singers produce Cantonese albums too. I've only heard Pin Guan and Guang Liang sing a few songs in Cantonese. I would have preferred for Pin Guan to release a Cantonese album instead of that English one he released a few years back. I wonder why they only release Mandarin albums?

Yi Jie Qi is also pretty good.