Thread: Zhu Cong and his magical hands

Default Zhu Cong and his magical hands

I was proofreading Loch chapter 11 and noted how Zhu Cong stole Peng Lianhu's items from his robes. The question is, how far can Zhu Cong steal items from? Is he good enough to remove undergarment? Or is he only limited to stealing pocketed items? And can he use his magical hands to cause harm to an opponent secretly with martial arts? Is there anyone else who is as good as Zhu Cong in the magic hand department? Why didn't he teach GJ his secrets in magical hand skill?

I remember a part where he stole Qiu Chuji's scroll of poetry and he thought to himself that he could've easily been stabbed or killed instead, but I don't know if that's true. If that was, it seems 7 Freaks should be greater than and not equal to as it normally is discussed.

It's probably a very special skill that required a talent that Gwok Jing didn't have. The "magic hand" wasn't really a martial art per se, and definitely not the kind of thing that would be Gwok Jing's forte.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

his skills are really thievery and magic tricks. he could stick a blade in you before your realise it but in real martial arts, it lacks. it would only work by suprise.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Theoretically, if he could stick his hand inside a martial arts expert and steal an item, he can just as easily stick a blade in.

I suppose it would not work on real elites. I can imagine Huang Yaoshi smashing his head in if he ever tried to steal something from the Island Master.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Yes, perhaps a great would not be affected by his magic hand technique. But the way it was described in the novel is such that his skill is god like. He would probably be a perfect military spy or hitman. I'm wondering why he was so not great with his martial arts but awesome in his magic tricks. If he had so much talent as to learn magic hands to a very high proficiency, then he shouldn't have trouble becoming more or less equal to a great.

While I don't think Chu Chung could actually harm a Great by using his "magical hands," he was still able to use it to his advantage against them. For example, before dying, Chu Chung was able to leave part of a message (written in his own blood) about the identities of his and his comrades' murderers. West Poison Au Yeung Fung later confessed to Wong Yung that although he had been very alert and careful, he had not noticed Chu Chung's writing (because of the deftness of Chu's magical hands).

i think Zhu Cong is the strongest out of all the 7 freaks, i think he's even stronger than quan zhen the 7
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Gao-Zhu
    i think Zhu Cong is the strongest out of all the 7 freaks, i think he's even stronger than quan zhen the 7
    No he's not. It makes you wonder why he is so talented yet so weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    No he's not. It makes you wonder why he is so talented yet so weak.
    Well, people have different kinds of talent. Zhu Cong has his magic hands, while Guo Jing is skilled in archery and Dragon Palms because that is suited for him, Huang Rong is smart and cunning, perfect for learning Dog Beating Stick. Just because Zhu Cong is skilled enough to pick people's pockets doesn't mean he should've been able to become a Great.

Zhu Cong was likely the most intelligent of the 7 Freaks. It's a shame there wasn't a story written about them starting with their childhood together. Weren't they all orphans who banded together for survival? How did they get their skills? It would be a great short story and maybe a movie [with a sad ending].

how far can Zhu Cong steal items from? Is he good enough to remove undergarment?
    One wishes Gu Long or Huang Yi would have written a story about Zhu Cong's majestic underware-removal capabilities.

!!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I am pretty sure that his skills are similar to modern pickpockters and only works when the enemy is not watching him, or is distracted by something. When fighting the enemy would have a heightened awareness for ZC and his movements so it would not work as well in combat.

Well thats why there's the other Freaks to distract the enemy while he slips in and stabs them. It should theoretically work, and would have worked on Qiu Chuji if he was really a evil enemy they were trying to kill.

perhaps i remmebered wrong, but he did steal from MCF too, didn't he? that's how GJ got to the human skin version of 9 yin.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Well thats why there's the other Freaks to distract the enemy while he slips in and stabs them. It should theoretically work, and would have worked on Qiu Chuji if he was really a evil enemy they were trying to kill.
    It's one thing to take an item off the person of a Great. It's another to actually harm a Great. Even if Chu Chung can lay his hands on a Great, it's doubtful he can actually do anything to harm the Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    perhaps i remmebered wrong, but he did steal from MCF too, didn't he? that's how GJ got to the human skin version of 9 yin.
    Wasn't that during a fight though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's one thing to take an item off the person of a Great. It's another to actually harm a Great. Even if Chu Chung can lay his hands on a Great, it's doubtful he can actually do anything to harm the Great.
    Of course he can't do it against Greats. He wouldn't be able to steal anything from an alert one either. But logic dictates that if he were able to reach his hands in there, he would be able to stab them too. It might not be fatal, but a poisoned dagger would be perfect, though he would most definitely be killed in the process. However, he'd be pretty useful if it were a gang of people trying to kill a great.