Thread: Summer Holiday

Default Summer Holiday

Does anyone have time to do "Summer Holiday"'s review, starring Richie Ren and Sammi Cheng??? Thanks a lot!!!
    ~Cathelyn~

I might as well give it a try

Summer Holiday

Summer: Sammi Cheng
    Momocho: Richie Ren

What's it about?

Summer is a financial consultant who breaks up with her boyfriend after finding out he's cheating on her. Straight after she gets fired from her job as her boyfriend has taken away her company's biggest client. Just as she was done on her luck, she remembers that a couple of years back that she invested some money and bought a beach with her cousin. This beach is now the target of a company who wants to develop the area and is willing to pay a vast amount of money. She tries to get in touch with her cousin but fails so she packs her bag and flies to take a look at the beach. What Summer doesn't know is that her cousin was in debt and was forced to sell his half to the beach to Momocho. Summer asks him to sell the beach and Momocho refuses. How will the two resolve their differences?

My opinion:

Being the older sibling of a brother and sister who can't get enough of films starring HK idols, I have had the misfortune to sit through many, many, many mediocre, bad and sometimes downright appalling films. However, to my surprise, this wasn't one of them. While not spectacular, it serves its purpose well. The plot is something that one would expect from what is essentially a 'chickflick'. Not too taxing on the brain. It's humerous at times and doesn't drag and not too slushy either.

The leads does a decent enough job and Richie and Sammi makes a decent couple. Richie is pretty likeable as the male lead while Sammi is her normal self, slight overacting while staying pretty for the camera. The two are on autopilot. No other prominent co stars except for 'ah niu' Chen Ching Hsiang who provides most of the comical scenes.

My favourite aspects of the film is the location and the soundtrack. I'm not too sure where exactly the location is, but the beaches and ocean are splendid, it gives a feeling of 'wish I was there...' The two mandarin songs featured in the movie are pretty good pop songs, easy on the ears and pretty catchy.

My Verdict:

This is a likeable and enjoyable film. One to watch while lazing around on a Sunday afternoon.

3.5/5
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Originally posted by Noodles
    I'm not too sure where exactly the location is, but the beaches and ocean are splendid, it gives a feeling of 'wish I was there...'
    Summer Holiday was filmed on an island called Pulau Redang, in Malaysia. Beautiful place...
    [size=1]"Now that I know there's something to know, I can't not know, just because I'm afraid somebody will know I know. You know?"[/size]

Thanks for your review!! Hope more review of Summer Holiday is adding to this thread!
    ~Cathelyn~

Guys,

Please discuss the movie here on Movie Forum

This Forum is to discuss about review or to write review
    back w/ a vengeance ^_^