Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haken no Hinkaku

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Ep6 soared past the 20% mark to score the drama's highest viewership with 20.7%. Impressive! I'm looking forward to it.
    Yay, as am I.

I think they're going for a Shoji-Haruko pairing and Kensuke-Miyuki pairing from the ep6 trailer... ...
    Yep. Poor Kensuke. But I suppose he'd be the only guy patient and kind enough to tolerate her clumsiness.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The polar ice cap is melting. Haruko is fighting a valiant battle not to be moved during her stint with S&F. Behind the harsh, callous words hide a heart of gold.

There were good and bad moments in ep6.

I liked the part when Shoji referred to Haruko as "omae" and Haruko wanted to correct him with her usual retort of "Omae Haruko desu" but Shoji triumphantly preempted her. The two of them never tire of squabbling. Unfortunately, Kensuke retains his role as the peacemaker. I just realised that Shoji's colleague, Kuroiwa Masako, likes him. Hmm, there had been indications of it right from the very start but I didn't pay much heed till this episode.

I guess my love-hate relationship with Shoji continues into ep6. In one typical moment when the owner of Silsmario was berating Haruko and Miyuki for being disrespectful towards her handmade chocolates by displaying the chocolate boxes at the event hall instead of leaving them in the refrigerator, Shoji intercedes but conveniently lays the blame on them even though he was the one who'd given the instruction. As commonplace as it is, I dislike Shoji's penchant for pushing the blame around and haste in claiming credit. Later on, he behaves unreasonably when arguing with Haruko, making personal digs at her.

Poor Kensuke again was victim of Haruko's bluntness when she analysed why he got kicked out of the Sales department and was made to head the Marketing division.

My grouse with ep6 was the way they chose to portray the differences between haken and seishain with that heated argument that was picked up by the microphone and heard by everyone in the hall. The reaction of the staff was rather unnatural. But Haken no Hinkaku is still a great drama for its realism and consistency.

TV ratings update:

Kanto region: 18.2%_18.6%_18.8%_20.1%_18.6%_20.7%_20.2%
    Kansai region: 19.0%_19.3%_19.6%_20.3%_20.3%_21.7%

It seems the Kansai folks are enjoying Haken no Hinkaku more than those in Kanto!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 02-22-07 at 12:12 AM.

Yes, the iceberg is indeed melting. Finally, robotic Haruko sheds tears! I wish she'd stop being so mean to Kensuke. He actually put that ridiculously-shaped heart mask on for her birthday! The way she slams him and his good intentions really prevents me from pitying her sometimes. She should pick on someone her own size!

It's not just you; I only realized Kuroiwa Masako likes Shoji in this episode as well. That woman appears to be another impenetrable rock. Call me borderline sadistic, but I enjoy watching Shoji and Haruko argue. Sparks fly and I think Shoji truly wants to evoke strong emotions or at least some semblance of regard from Haruko.

It was fun watching Haruko order Shoji around in preparation for the baby's birth. He was very helpless and therefore, obliging. If she told him to put the heart mask on at that time, he would so have been like "HAI HAI, Omae Haruko-san!"
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I wish she'd stop being so mean to Kensuke. He actually put that ridiculously-shaped heart mask on for her birthday! The way she slams him and his good intentions really prevents me from pitying her sometimes. She should pick on someone her own size!
    Yeah same here! Do you think Shoji would have done the same thing? Heh.

Call me borderline sadistic, but I enjoy watching Shoji and Haruko argue. Sparks fly and I think Shoji truly wants to evoke strong emotions or at least some semblance of regard from Haruko.
    That struck me too. I wondered while watching that argument in ep6 whether Shoji was actually referring explicitly to chocolates or inexplicitly to acknowledgement from Haruko.

Haha yeah. It would be bland if everyone just let her mow them down and no one stood up to her. He's not quite her match but he's capable enough although I don't like it when he behaves in an ingratiating manner. Well, thank goodness for Shoji (in a way). Geez, I'm really reluctant to go through with the pro-Shoji conversion.

Ep7 registered 20.2%. Still going strong!!! I read the synopsis for ep8, and I'm rubbing my hands with glee in anticipation of an exciting episode (I shan't spoil it for you) Next week can't come fast enough!

Screen caps from Haken no Hinkaku Ep5: Hourly Wage Invaders vs "Sea Slug" Senior

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep5-1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep5-2.jpg')

Ep7 registered 20.2%. Still going strong!!! I read the synopsis for ep8, and I'm rubbing my hands with glee in anticipation of an exciting episode (I shan't spoil it for you) Next week can't come fast enough!
    I'm looking forward to episode 8 too if you say so, jade. I didn't really pick up much from the preview since that part wasn't subbed.

I watched episode 7. In a reversal of what we've been used to, Miyuki was almost fired for something she shouldn't have been fired for. Good for Kensuke for standing up for what's right, but thank goodness for Haruko for saving all of their butts.

I'm concurrently watching Unfair, and Ryoko's character is quite similar in there since she always seems to play the strong, stubborn type of character. This may not be such a great idea since I can get a little confused. For instance, Haruko's humming to the child in episode 7 of HNH and the humming Yukihira does in Unfair while laying in the position of the victims.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-25-07 at 05:07 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I watched episode 7. In a reversal of what we've been used to, Miyuki was almost fired for something she shouldn't have been fired for. Good for Kensuke for standing up for what's right, but thank goodness for Haruko for saving all of their butts.
    I really liked ep7. Kudos to the scriptwriters for maintaining the quality of the drama throughout the episodes. I was surprised at the extreme action Kirishima took to deal with Miyuki (something Haruko astutely foresaw) but more surprised that Haruko dared challenge him in that manner. This episode also sealed Shoji's fate for me. I declare that I remain an ardent Kensuke supporter to the very end. If there's one word that best describes Shoji, I think its shameless. He's a sycophant and nothing illustrates his worst traits better than this episode. But he also provided some amusing lines like the one where he asked rhetorically why he always found himself wandering over to the marketing department. Haha. And I liked how Haruko intentionally pronounced his name the other way round to say "Tokairin" and how it irked him.

Given the developments in this episode, I really wonder whether Kirishima had a motive for putting Kensuke in the Marketing department at the very beginning of Haken no Hinkaku. He must surely have known that Kensuke did not fit the stereotype of the typical seishain and that must have, in some way or other, bothered him. I suppose in some ways Kensuke, for all his weaknesses, is a caricature of the ideal seishain who respects hakens as his equal and I would certainly like to know whether his character impresses Haruko despite all the mean things she utters frankly to his face. While Haruko remained the only person who was keenly perceptive and informed of everything that went on around her and way above the game, I had the feeling that she seemed mellow - less harsh and scathing in this episode than the last two. I guess we can expect a warmer Haruko in the remaining episodes? And, has her actions in this episode drawn Kensuke deeper and deeper into the web of love?

I'm looking forward to episode 8 too if you say so, jade. I didn't really pick up much from the preview since that part wasn't subbed.
    Well, I shall just translate what was in the trailer. In the preview, Kirishima tells Shoji to go for a matchmaking session. I believe that Kirishima is the go between since another scene showed him at the session itself. Shoji thinks Haruko has opened her heart to him and Kensuke witnesses the scene where Haruko stuffs something into Shoji's pocket (?) Will Shoji turn down the matchmaking for Haruko? It looks like Kensuke may face a crisis of his own.

I'm concurrently watching Unfair, and Ryoko's character is quite similar in there since she always seems to play the strong, stubborn type of character. This may not be such a great idea since I can get a little confused. For instance, Haruko's humming to the child in episode 7 of HNH and the humming Yukihira does in Unfair while laying in the position of the victims.
    Ryoko plays different characters in Hanayome wa Yakudoshi and Anego but mostly they are the headstrong, unique types even way back when she played supporting roles.

I really liked ep7. Kudos to the scriptwriters for maintaining the quality of the drama throughout the episodes. I was surprised at the extreme action Kirishima took to deal with Miyuki (something Haruko astutely foresaw) but more surprised that Haruko dared challenge him in that manner. This episode also sealed Shoji's fate for me. I declare that I remain an ardent Kensuke supporter to the very end. If there's one word that best describes Shoji, I think its shameless. He's a sycophant and nothing illustrates his worst traits better than this episode. But he also provided some amusing lines like the one where he asked rhetorically why he always found himself wandering over to the marketing department. Haha. And I liked how Haruko intentionally pronounced his name the other way round to say "Tokairin" and how it irked him.
    Yes, I was surprised at Kirishima's iron fist in handling Miyuki's situation considering he's very much been a background character up until this episode, but I can't say I was surprised Haruko challenged him at that venue given the formula of the previous episodes. I was actually waiting for the heroine to show up! It did cross my mind that Kirishima could have agreed to Haruko's trade-off at the moment and then just fired Miyuki anyway later on, but I'm it didn't turn out that way.

While I agree with your description of Shoji, I'm just not pro Kensuke+Haruko anymore. I think it's a combo of the lack of chemistry (at least compared to Haruko+Shoji), extreme one-sidedness of their relationship, and the way Haruko bashes him from time to time. Of course if I were working at S&F, I'd definitely be all over Kensuke like all those girls were on Valentine's Day.

While Haruko remained the only person who was keenly perceptive and informed of everything that went on around her and way above the game, I had the feeling that she seemed mellow - less harsh and scathing in this episode than the last two. I guess we can expect a warmer Haruko in the remaining episodes? And, has her actions in this episode drawn Kensuke deeper and deeper into the web of love?
    The contents of that birthday card seem to have done the trick.

That web is just getting more and more complicated!

Well, I shall just translate what was in the trailer. In the preview, Kirishima tells Shoji to go for a matchmaking session. I believe that Kirishima is the go between since another scene showed him at the session itself. Shoji thinks Haruko has opened her heart to him and Kensuke witnesses the scene where Haruko stuffs something into Shoji's pocket (?) Will Shoji turn down the matchmaking for Haruko? It looks like Kensuke may face a crisis of his own.
    Thanks for the translation. It sounds like a juicy episode indeed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

While I agree with your description of Shoji, I'm just not pro Kensuke+Haruko anymore. I think it's a combo of the lack of chemistry (at least compared to Haruko+Shoji), extreme one-sidedness of their relationship, and the way Haruko bashes him from time to time. Of course if I were working at S&F, I'd definitely be all over Kensuke like all those girls were on Valentine's Day.
    For me, I guess I'm not even rooting for Haruko to end up with Kensuke or Shoji. But more for Kensuke as a person, in the hope that he'll rise up to the occasion, because I like his character more than Shoji's (even if this may be in vain because he looks destined to be a weakling).

Screen caps from Haken no Hinkaku Ep6: Tearful, Overtime Valentine's

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_VDay.jpg')

^^ My favorite screencap is the one at the very bottom left. It captures the very different personalities of Shoji and Kensuke perfectly and just goes to show that a picture is indeed worth a thousand words.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

^^ My favorite screencap is the one at the very bottom left. It captures the very different personalities of Shoji and Kensuke perfectly and just goes to show that a picture is indeed worth a thousand words.
    Yep it's mine too!

More screen caps from Haken no Hinkaku Ep6: Tearful, Overtime Valentine's

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep6.jpg')

Ep8 ratings dropped to 19.9% but I think the shocker will be in Ep9 from what the official site's synopsis says.

Interestingly, the Japanese wikipedia site lists that Haken no Hinkaku will run for 10 episodes (last episode to air on 14 March) instead of the 12 episodes we'd assumed earlier on. Whatever it is, I'll miss this drama. Not quite looking forward to the spring lineup.

Ep8 ratings dropped to 19.9% but I think the shocker will be in Ep9 from what the official site's synopsis says.

Interestingly, the Japanese wikipedia site lists that Haken no Hinkaku will run for 10 episodes (last episode to air on 14 March) instead of the 12 episodes we'd assumed earlier on. Whatever it is, I'll miss this drama. Not quite looking forward to the spring lineup.
    Hmm, perhaps the last episode will run as long as a feature film. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the spring lineup either, storyline-wise or leading cast-wise for the most part. It might be a good season to catch up on some of the classic old Jdoramas I have yet to watch.

It might still be a little too early to speculate, but do you think Haken no Hinkaku will win any awards this season? I haven't been following any of the other winter dramas, so I don't have a good gauge. Also, is there a quarterly awards ceremony that Japanese celebrities actually attend or are votes simply tallied and winners announced to the public at the end of every season?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmm, perhaps the last episode will run as long as a feature film. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the spring lineup either, storyline-wise or leading cast-wise for the most part. It might be a good season to catch up on some of the classic old Jdoramas I have yet to watch.
    We can only hope! That's what I'm doing. I've been slowly watching the older dramas that I'd amassed (though I've recently been distracted by Heroes) because for the recent seasons there have been at most 2 dramas that appear promising and remain consistently so throughout the season. I feel like I'm stockpiling for a long, bleak winter. Haha. Well, incidentally, winter season dramas traditionally carry the biggest names in showbiz as well as relatively more impressive drama plots.

It might still be a little too early to speculate, but do you think Haken no Hinkaku will win any awards this season? I haven't been following any of the other winter dramas, so I don't have a good gauge. Also, is there a quarterly awards ceremony that Japanese celebrities actually attend or are votes simply tallied and winners announced to the public at the end of every season?
    I think Haken no Hinkaku's a good contender for Best Drama, Best Scriptwriter and Best Actress. I've only seen bits and pieces of HYDII and Warui Yatsura's first episode but I think it does stand a pretty good chance. Some people have said that Haikei Chichiuesama is good, but isn't getting the ratings it deserves.

I don't know whther there is an awards ceremony for the Television Drama Academy Awards because I haven't seen any pictures of it so maybe not.

Screen caps from Haken no Hinkaku Ep7: Love is Prohibited in the Business Plan Competition!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Haken_ep7-1.jpg')
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-02-07 at 01:02 AM.

I just started watching Ep8 which continues the storyline of Miyuki's haken bento business plan. The opening scene where Haruko, Kensuke, Shojii and Miyuki are travelling to source for packaging for the bento was hilarious.

(Shoji lost in thought in the car. Haruko adjusts the rearview mirror to face him and gives him a shock)
    Shoji: Don't suddenly fix your gaze on the rearview mirror. It's scary!
    Haruko: Shoji shunin, who's usually so full of idle talk, is very quiet today. I was wondering if you were dead.
    Shoji: I'm still alive. Don't 'kill' me on your own accord!!!

Shoji was so troubled by his conversation with Kirishima but he sure managed to work up the energy to bicker with Haruko.

This was a really emotionally charged episode, and as I watched Shoji struggle with the decisions before him I had the sickening feeling that he was actually going to do something very much out of character. The inner turmoil and conflicting feelings he felt as he came to find Haruko at Cantante, like she was the life buoy that he wanted to hold on to to find stability as his life undergoes upheaval. The slow realisation that Kensuke had always liked Haruko and the frustration and self-loathing for the way Kensuke had always given away chances to him. And when friendship and dignity won over career and prestige, I for once was very moved by Shoji, someone I'd never thought would throw his career out the window especially when he had everything within grasp. I guess Haruko's answers (she wrote her mobile phone number on the opposite side of the paper!) played a very big part in his decision making. Shoji's such a sentimental guy at heart. This must also be the first episode where Haruko actually words of encouragement and praise for Kensuke. If he heard it, I'm sure he'd be giddy with elation.

I feel like I've been on a roller-coaster ride. Damn, Haken no Hinkaku is good!!! Can't wait for Ep9!!!!!
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-04-07 at 03:43 AM.

I just started watching Ep8 which continues the storyline of Miyuki's haken bento business plan. The opening scene where Haruko, Kensuke, Shojii and Miyuki are travelling to source for packaging for the bento was hilarious.

(Shoji lost in thought in the car. Haruko adjusts the rearview mirror to face him and gives him a shock)
    Shoji: Don't suddenly fix your gaze on the rearview mirror. It's scary!
    Haruko: Shoji shunin, who's usually so full of idle talk, is very quiet today. I was wondering if you were dead.
    Shoji: I'm still alive. Don't 'kill' me on your own accord!!!
    Haha, hai, I loved that particular exchange! Their chemistry when bickering is especially sizzlin' and fun to watch. --> --> ? Were you surprised when Haruko couldn't fix the car? She draws like a kindergartener too. But I guess the fact that she went and caught her own fish to cook for the bentos made up for those shortcomings in this episode.

This was a really emotionally charged episode, and as I watched Shoji struggle with the decisions before him I had the sickening feeling that he was actually going to do something very much out of character. The inner turmoil and conflicting feelings he felt as he came to find Haruko at Cantante, like she was the life buoy that he wanted to hold on to to find stability as his life undergoes upheaval. The slow realisation that Kensuke had always liked Haruko and the frustration and self-loathing for the way Kensuke had always given away chances to him. And when friendship and dignity won over career and prestige, I for once was very moved by Shoji, someone I'd never thought would throw his career out the window especially when he had everything within grasp. I guess Haruko's answers (she wrote her mobile phone number on the opposite side of the paper!) played a very big part in his decision making. Shoji's such a sentimental guy at heart. This must also be the first episode where Haruko actually words of encouragement and praise for Kensuke. If he heard it, I'm sure he'd be giddy with elation.
    Shoji's always been a brown-noser, but he's never been truly heartless. The fact that he proactively loathed himself and acted upon those realizations would indicate that his basic innate makeup is decent. His fight with Kensuke was and . I wanted them to stop, but at the same time I wanted them to continue knocking sense and sensibility into one another. I wasn't expecting Kensuke to fight back at first, but he definitely held his own against Shoji!

If Shoji wasn't such a litterbug, he would have seen Haruko's number on the back!

I feel like I've been on a roller-coaster ride. Damn, Haken no Hinkaku is good!!! Can't wait for Ep9!!!!!
    Me too. The preview for episode 9 seemed somewhat shorter than previews for previous episodes, so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of bombshell(s) the episode has in store for us.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Haha, hai, I loved that particular exchange! Their chemistry when bickering is especially sizzlin' and fun to watch. --> --> ? Were you surprised when Haruko couldn't fix the car? She draws like a kindergartener too. But I guess the fact that she went and caught her own fish to cook for the bentos made up for those shortcomings in this episode.
    Haha I think by the end of the series we can compile all these little barbed exchanges between Shoji and Haruko and pick the most quoteworthy one! It's quite a treat to hear them bicker each episode because you never know what they're going to come up with the next time around. Fall in love? Hmm it's not easy to tell if Haruko was at least moved by Shoji's sudden outpouring of feeling or overwhelmed that he proposed to her. She was pretty inscrutable!!! But if her replies to Shoji in that marriage survey form is anything to go by, perhaps she does have some feelings to him. I thought her reply wasn't a complete rejection of Shoji but allowed some leeway if he no longer put himself at odds with hakens. However, some people will probably interpret his failure to see her mobile phone number on the other side of the paper as fate - they aren't meant to be together.

I wasn't surprised that Haruko couldn't fix the car. Heh. It was quite obvious from the discomfort she exhibited when asked if she was qualified to do car repair. Not quite invincible yet but she's really cute when her weaknesses are exposed.

His fight with Kensuke was and . I wanted them to stop, but at the same time I wanted them to continue knocking sense and sensibility into one another. I wasn't expecting Kensuke to fight back at first, but he definitely held his own against Shoji!

Me too. The preview for episode 9 seemed somewhat shorter than previews for previous episodes, so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of bombshell(s) the episode has in store for us.
    I was actually wondering whether Kensuke can actually be angered. He seems to have such a sweet temper. It's surprising their colleagues didn't piece two and two together and know that they fought with each other.

I presume Shoji submitted his resignation to Kirishima before he walked out of the meeting. Kensuke will probably incur Kirishima's wrath since it will fall to him to execute the haken bento business plan and he will definitely want to do a good job of it so that he doesn't let Shoji down. I'm most interested to know how Haruko will react to Shoji's actions. It occurred to me that they still haven't exactly touched on Haruko's past and how it changed her life.

***SPOILER***
    Ogasawara picks up that crumpled marriage survey form, brings it back to office and this becomes the hot topic of conversation as the colleagues try to identify Shoji's love interest!!!

Doesn't this picture make the pairings very clear???
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/-2.jpg')
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-06-07 at 02:19 AM.

I was actually wondering whether Kensuke can actually be angered. He seems to have such a sweet temper. It's surprising their colleagues didn't piece two and two together and know that they fought with each other.
    Their colleagues may have wondered the same. I'm not surprised they didn't put two and two together 'cause they probably didn't think mild-mannered peacemaker Kensuke would ever be capable of *gasp*...violence.

I presume Shoji submitted his resignation to Kirishima before he walked out of the meeting. Kensuke will probably incur Kirishima's wrath since it will fall to him to execute the haken bento business plan and he will definitely want to do a good job of it so that he doesn't let Shoji down. I'm most interested to know how Haruko will react to Shoji's actions. It occurred to me that they still haven't exactly touched on Haruko's past and how it changed her life.
    I'm wondering if Haruko will even react to Shoji's actions. She might think that she's already "made things clear" by providing her phone number and the ball is now in Shoji's court again.

***SPOILER***
    Ogasawara picks up that crumpled marriage survey form, brings it back to office and this becomes the hot topic of conversation as the colleagues try to identify Shoji's love interest!!!
    Someone astute enough should just call the number on the back. Mystery solved.

Doesn't this picture make the pairings very clear???
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/-2.jpg')
    Yep. Kensuke and Miyuki kinda look like brother and sister. Haruko is cracking a nice big smile () and Shoji doesn't look half bad.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Someone astute enough should just call the number on the back. Mystery solved.
    Totally! Let's see how smart they get.

Yep. Kensuke and Miyuki kinda look like brother and sister. Haruko is cracking a nice big smile () and Shoji doesn't look half bad.
    I thought the same thing too about Kensuke and Miyuki!

Here's a translation of an article on Koizumi Kotaro which appeared last week in Mainichi Shimbun.

Talk: Koizumi Kotaro's role as Satonaka Kensuke in Haken no Hinkaku

Koizumi Kotaro plays Satonaka Kensuke, the head of marketing in the much talked about drama, Haken no Hinkaku. It's a role that has him struggling between "super haken" Omae Haruko and his colleague, Shoji Takeshi, who loathes hakens.

"He's a person who tries not to rock the boat and adopts a conciliatory stance. There are times where I think it would have been better if he went a step futher in his words to Haruko."

If a female like Haruko, who's perfect at work but doesn't cultivate interpersonal relationships with people at the workplace, appears before him, "it'll bug me why she's shut her heart off from others."

This popular programme scores high viewership ratings every week. "Haruko's line 'Even if Japan's recession continues for many years, or companies collapse, I'll be fine' is very cool. There are many like-minded females out there, aren't there?" he analyses.

When he made his debut five years ago, the story that he was the "Prime Minister's son" preceded him. He could not wipe out the feeling of being left out, but he reflects that he has finally "gotten challenging roles" more recently.

He has chosen to live his life in the entertainment world but his father has advised, "At every election, the weekly magazines have written about actors-turned-politicians." However, the younger Koizumi emphatically states, "I definitely won't become a politician."

But he is interested in an acting role as a politician. The first image that comes to mind is to scrutinise his father from close range.

"My father saw from within. There are also many things that cannot be said. I wish I can play the role of a prime minister someday."
    Last edited by jade_frosts; 03-08-07 at 04:50 AM.

Thanks for the translation! I was hoping Kotaro would get higher profiled roles after HNH, but he seems to be taking a step backward with the upcoming spring drama Hanayome to Papa. I wonder if he's as mild-mannered in real life as his characters tend to be in series (or at least in the two I've seen). Doesn't he have a brother who's also trying to make it in the entertainment business and another one he's never met? I think a series about the Koizumi family would be interesting.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")