Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 吳尊/Wu Chun/Wu Zun

Default Just a Question...

Hello everyone! I just wanted to know when "Romantic Princess" will be airing on television. I read somewhere that the series had finished filming. And, does anyone know when Fahrenheit's second album will be out? After watching Tokyo Juliet and Hana Kimi, I became a fan of theres, especially of wu chun. After reading some of the comments on this thread, why didn't some of you like him in Tokyo Juliet?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl04 View Post
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to know when "Romantic Princess" will be airing on television. I read somewhere that the series had finished filming. And, does anyone know when Fahrenheit's second album will be out? After watching Tokyo Juliet and Hana Kimi, I became a fan of theres, especially of wu chun. After reading some of the comments on this thread, why didn't some of you like him in Tokyo Juliet?
    tokyo juliet's plotline is very retarded with the whole breaking up, back together, breaking up and stuff
    ariel lin and wu chun are both good actors/ actresses.... but the whole story was just too stupid and couldnt brighten up their performances
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Leanna, I'll have to agree with what you've said in many respects. Both Ariel Lin and Wu Chun are great actors, but the script could've been written better. I don't know, though, if they had really broken up that many times or if they were just having "lover's spats".

I guess the reason why I asked is because many people said some not so complementary things about Wu Chun, ranging from his long hair to his portrayal of his character. Personally, I didn't find anything wrong with him or his portrayal of his character. But, I did get irritated with Ariel Lin's character...I mean, she gets man-handled and almost raped a whopping 4 times and then ends up friends with these guys the next day! Somehow, I get ticked off just thinking about it. However, I've never read or heard anyone say anything negative about that!

Red face

Maybe I'm very new one for this thread and Wuzun. Well, as I heard about him, they found him bought women dresses and he may goes in that way aslo. Could you please tell me why he bought women dress?
    Oh no.... Good guy' s gonna tranformer to be......

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Khiab View Post
    Maybe I'm very new one for this thread and Wuzun. Well, as I heard about him, they found him bought women dresses and he may goes in that way aslo. Could you please tell me why he bought women dress?
    out of all the members in fahrenheit
    wu zun does have the most girl features....
    but him buying women dresses?..... yea, whatever
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Leanna, I'll have to agree with what you've said in many respects. Both Ariel Lin and Wu Chun are great actors, but the script could've been written better. I don't know, though, if they had really broken up that many times or if they were just having "lover's spats".

I guess the reason why I asked is because many people said some not so complementary things about Wu Chun, ranging from his long hair to his portrayal of his character. Personally, I didn't find anything wrong with him or his portrayal of his character. But, I did get irritated with Ariel Lin's character...I mean, she gets man-handled and almost raped a whopping 4 times and then ends up friends with these guys the next day! Somehow, I get ticked off just thinking about it. However, I've never read or heard anyone say anything negative about that!
    and its so retarted of her fussing over the stupid dress she designed years ago
    Last edited by Leanna; 08-21-07 at 07:56 PM.
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Khiab View Post

Well, I did read an article saying that he was caught buying women's clothing and even had the pictures to show it. However, when asked, his manager said that he was buying them for his sister; he has one older sister as well as an older brother, by the way. It seems that his sister likes a certain brand of clothing that only that store that he shopped in [forgot the name of the store he was caught shopping in] provided. And, that store doesn't have a branch in Brunei. So, before going back to Brunei for a visit, wu chun was thoughtful enough to buy some clothes for his sister.

Personally, this makes sense to me. I, myself, am close with my siblings and, if I were a celebrity like wu chun, that wouldn't stop me from going into a men's shop to buy clothes for my brother...that is, if I had one. Maybe part of why people misunderstand him is because-as someone noted earlier-he seems to have feminine features. But, what's the point? I can name a handful of asian actors/singers that have feminine features. But I don't think they are anything less the heterosexual unless they themselves say others. Just because a man has "feminine" features doesn't equate that he's gay or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    and its so retarted of her fussing over the stupid dress she designed years ago
    btw, whats the name of tokyo juliets themesong?
    The reason why she fussed over the dress design is because it ultimately destroyed her family. After her design was stolen, her parents divorced and her mother married the designer who stole the design in the first place. Plus, her father stopped designing; so much of her childhood was spent motherless and taking care of her father. She felt that Liang's father took everything away from her and wanted revenge. So, I guess, it was the significance of what the dress design stood for that she fussed over, but the drama didn't do a very good job in making this clear and just focused on her stolen design. That's too bad because the drama could have provided so much more meaning and depth to Sui's story.

However, what was also retarded that her fussing over the dress design was that there was nothing resolved between her and her mother. There were at least one or two episodes where she saw her mother but nothing ever came of it! For me, I watched it all the way through only because of the great chemistry between Ariel Lin and Wu Chun...especially Wu Chun after finding out that this was his very first drama in the leading male role. I think he did a great job for a "newbie".

Whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl04
    Personally, this makes sense to me. I, myself, am close with my siblings and, if I were a celebrity like wu chun, that wouldn't stop me from going into a men's shop to buy clothes for my brother...that is, if I had one. Just because a man has "feminine" features doesn't equate that he's gay or the like.
    Yea...that's true It's definitely unfair to determine a person's sexual orientation just by what you see without even understanding the whole situation.That's shallow alot of the male actors nowadays other than WZ also have feminine features.I personally but shirts for my bro and guys' store and I find it perfectly fine.I had even guy friends buying mkeup for their gfs and sis No big deal...

omg...he is so hot and cute in hana kimi....although he is supposed to be the quite type he still show he care a lot for ella.... just love them...
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

lol~ chun is definitely not gay.
    I mean... reporters tend to 'twist' the truths, and chun absolutely have the right to go into a shop to buy girl clothes for his sister or nieces.

The reason why she fussed over the dress design is because it ultimately destroyed her family. After her design was stolen, her parents divorced and her mother married the designer who stole the design in the first place. Plus, her father stopped designing; so much of her childhood was spent motherless and taking care of her father. She felt that Liang's father took everything away from her and wanted revenge. So, I guess, it was the significance of what the dress design stood for that she fussed over, but the drama didn't do a very good job in making this clear and just focused on her stolen design. That's too bad because the drama could have provided so much more meaning and depth to Sui's story.

However, what was also retarded that her fussing over the dress design was that there was nothing resolved between her and her mother. There were at least one or two episodes where she saw her mother but nothing ever came of it! For me, I watched it all the way through only because of the great chemistry between Ariel Lin and Wu Chun...especially Wu Chun after finding out that this was his very first drama in the leading male role. I think he did a great job for a "newbie".
    You gave a very good explanation. I guess I'm the minority here cuz I actually like Tokyo Juliet hehe...

I also watched it because of Ariel and Wu Chun. They both have a great chemistry. Ariel is a talented actress. I always admire her for that. Whereas for Wu Chun... this is his first major role, and I think he did a pretty decent job. Don't like his hair, though. He looks a lot better in Hana Kimi.

Well, don't get me wrong, Jilly, because I really did like watching "Tokyo Juliet" a lot. You're right, Wu Chun in his very first leading role opposite one of Taiwan's starlets, Ariel Lin, did a great job and I liked that they had such great chemistry together. I've watched a ton of Korean/Taiwanese dramas and I can honestly say that they had great chemistry together. You could feel that they had fun filming this and worked well together. And, yes, I am a fan of Wu Chun as well as Ariel Lin. I liked it so much that a actually got a copy of it for myself.

My only real complaint was Ariel Lin's character of Lin Lai Sui. I just thought that she was a bit immature, impulsive, and irresponsible, especially towards her relationship with Wu Chun's character. I mean she almost got raped 4 times!? I'm all for the whole forgiveness and characters with a heart of gold, but, I wouldn't easily forgive someone or even continue to be friends with someone who even tried to force himself on me. I mean, I'd learn my lesson the first time it happened to me. And, she gets all mad and drunken reckless when Wu Chun's girlfriend/fiancee comes back to claim him?! She really put him through the ringer for that incident. All in all, I just found it hard at times to to relate to Lin Lai Sui, that's all...and felt bad for Wu Chun's character as well.

All in all, I thought it was a good series and that their chemistry was undeniable. It's something I'd watch for a second time!

I understand what you're saying. I admit that sometimes I get pretty frustrated with Lin Lai Sui, too. She just kept going on and on with her stolen design. She should learn to move on and let go of her past. The attempted rape incidents... yeah, how can she dismiss it like nothing ever happened. If I were her, I'd be traumatic! But then, the character is based on the manga, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I've never read the manga, so I can't say for sure.

Now for Chun... I don't think singing is for him (please don't beat me up people), but he can do well in acting if he keeps improving. He seems pretty smart when it comes to choosing his projects. He's been in a string of successful/high profile drama, starting from Tokyo Juliet, Hana Kimi, Romantic Princess to the upcoming series Lan Qiu Huo. Quite impressive for a 28-year-old non-native Taiwanese artist, don't you think?

In what you were saying, yes, I do think that a lot of those attempted rape scenes were from or influenced from the manga version. It seems so out of place in the series though. Most of the taiwanese dramas I've seen have been more on the comedic/light/wacky/whimsical side. "Tokyo Juliet" isn't really like that; it's more on the serious side. With the tone and feel of the drama the way it was, it was hard for me to accept such easy dissmal of these kinds of acts. I mean, it didn't look like it even phased her at all. Well, not to say that if it were a "lighter" drama, it would have been more acceptable...because it wouldn't.

As for Wu Chun, I don't mind his singing voice. I think he sings well but realize that he isn't the strongest singer among the members of Fahrenheit. I, also, agree that he does much better in his acting abilities. I've watched all his dramas, so far, in which he was the leading male role. I've heard he's improved a lot in "Romantic Princess". I haven't watched it yet because I can't find a site online with good english subtitles (that's how I like to watch these dramas).

Lan Qiu Huo? Do you know what that means in English? I know that he's slated to do "Hanazakarino Kimitachiche 2" and something about basketball with one of the members of F4, but I've never heard of "Lan Qiu Huo" before. Can you give me any information on that? I'd love to know!

I really admire him a lot. He is smart, having graduated from Austrailia's RMIT with distinction in the field of Business and managing 2 Fitness Zones in his native Brunei. Add on top of that being a singer and actor...he really is amazing! Oh, and of course...very, very handsome!

I haven't watched Romantic Princess either. I'm waiting to buy the DVD in store. I like to support the actors and actresses for their hard work, so I try my best to buy the original DVD. If you want to watch it online with good English subtitles, try veoh.

Lan Qiu Huo means basketball fire (Lan Qiu= basketball, huo= fire). The English title is Hot Shot. This is not a sequel to Hana Kimi, and unfortunately there'll be no sequel to Hana Kimi. The three main actors have been confirmed; he'll act alongside Jerry Yan of F4 and Show Luo. I've read the news regarding this series. It's gonna be a big budget drama slated for summer 2008 with many real basketball players. It sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully it's better than My MVP Valentine. Can't wait to see it!
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-24-08 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Editing test

What?! No sequal to Hana Kimi?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hana Kimi is, by far, my most favorite taiwanese drama that I've watched! I haven't laughed so hard with any other drama, whether it be taiwanese, japanese, or korean! When they ended it, there were a ton of loose strings that needed to be tied up. And, I was really looking forward to watching the second half of it next year. I am so disappointed now...they really needed to continue it's story 'til the end. How could they just leave the series as is? How could they just leave us fans hanging? Jilly, when did you hear about it and where did you hear about it?

Well, enough about my venting...Yes, I check Wu Chun's blog on wretch.com every now and then to see if he's posted any new entries. I love reading his entries. He puts a lot of effort in his writing and in the maintenance of his blog so as to keep it as updated as possible. I think that's so sweet that he's so thoughtful to his fans in that way. Plus, he reads all of the messages that his fans leave in his guestbook...which is amazing considering that it has a capacity to hold 10,000 messages! Jilly, have you ever left messages for his in his guestbook? Each time he empties it a bit, if fills right back up again! He seems like a pretty down-to-earth person. As someone put it, he's filthy rich. But, he's not arrogant or cocky in any way! He's a really decent person. *sigh* Wish there were more guys out there like him!

Jilly, thanks for letting me know about Wu Chun's new drama and I'll definitely try www.veoh.com.

I heard about it couple months ago. The producer himself confirmed this.
    Yeah, the ending is disappointing indeed. I was like... noooo, come back!! According to the manga, Sano (Chun's character) proposed to Mizuki (Ella's character) during their university days. I would love to see this in Hana Kimi! They should really incorporate it to the ending. But I feel even more disappointed with the ending for Jiro's character. He's hilarious and his openly gay (or so he thought) love for Ella is funny. We've always seen him by her side from the beginning, so for him to fall in love with Julia out of nowhere in the end is just wrong

Well, I'm utterly disappointed that there won't be a sequal to Hana Kimi It's such an awesome show, why would they let go of it? I've been watching the Japanese version of this and I don't like it that much and it's not that funny. But, by the ending, I know they're going to make a sequal out of it like how they did Hana Yori Dango.

By the way, what year was Wu Chun really born in? Some sites say 1979 and others say it's 1980? Which one is true? If it's any of these dates, then wouldn't he be around 27 or 29 this year? Just needed to clarify that. It's amazing though...Wu Chun looks much, much younger than his real age!