Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For or against dubbing?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

what i commented earlier includes anime....im not only talking about series, and that ranma 1/2 was only a statement, not a reply to your question....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    I hate Dubbing! All works should be subbed, not dubbed.
    Hear, hear!

Anyways... I really prefer subbing rather than dubbing. Sometimes it feels so unnatural to hear a voice that you're not used to or if the voice doesn't seem to fit the person who is acting.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I am grateful for dubbed series, or else I wouldn't be able to have any favorite actors...the Cambodian voices are pretty decent, and I've grown up watching dubbed Chinese series, so I'm used to it...but I am so thankful for the whole dubbing process...If I could understand the many different Chinese dialects, then I'd do without the dubbing, I like to hear the actors' original voices anyway...but since I'm not Chinese, I happen to like the dubbing.
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Talking

I support dubbing and prefer it over subtitle b/c :

1. W/ dubbing, you can hear and understand what the movies is about. I'm Viet so I would love to know what movie I'm watching is about, and of course, I can't understand Chinese or Korean. Watching picture is only 50% of the movie, but if you can't understand what they are saying, you shouldn't watch it.

2. W/ subtitle, you have to train your eyes, your eyes have to be on the words and on the movie, sorry, I can't do that. If you just read what the words are saying, you might miss on the movies. It makes your eyes work harder, and I don't want that

3. W/ dubbing, you get to watch a lot of movies and get to know a lot of actors/actress out there. I think dubbing from Chinese to Vietnamese or to another language had make Chinese series very popular, b/c it bought in more viewers. And isn't it a good thing ? The more people see your movies/series, the more money you will make ??? Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    I hate Dubbing! All works should be subbed, not dubbed.
    Yeah but I can't read Vietnamese. I'd be screwed if there was no dubbing. English subtitles? No thanks, Chinese to English is quite difficult and often, it's impossible to get the exact meaning. Chinese to Vietnamese is much more accurate.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Default subbing not dubbing!

I have always always been in the favour of the real voices. It always sounds the most natural. Heck even in anime, the jap ones are always done with much more intensity..i have no explanation for it..it just feels better for one, and sounds better..

Subtitles are highly important in this case ^^, i prefer simplified chinese subtitles. I realise that english subtitles are normally too inaccurate for jap anime and Chinese serials (TVB ones of course) and korean dramas...it's because of the culture..the westerners and the chinese, korean and jap (orientals) have very different cultures, so their language is different not just in sound but also in terms of mentality and value, if you can understand what i mean...sigh..a pity i can't phrase this better..but you get the gist..

So Sub, Don't Dub!
    Hmm...?