View Poll Results: Can Zhao Zhijing dominate the FLYING FOX era by "being able to accomplish any task?"

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Zhao Zhijing will have reached the stage of " being able to accomplish any task " in FLYING FOX

8 44.44%
  • No, I don't think Zhao Zhijing can easily match Hu Yidao, Miao Renfeng, Priest Wucheng, etc

10 55.56%

Thread: Would Zhao Zhijing be worthy of having reached the PEAK OF PERFECTION in Qing dynastY

Default Would Zhao Zhijing be worthy of having reached the PEAK OF PERFECTION in Qing dynastY

Very, very, very few characters in Jin Yong wuxia have been described as "being able to accomplish any task as his heart desires." 2 of the recipients of this praise are Zhang Sanfeng and Xuzhu (only in last chapter of DGSD). However, this type of description is era-dependent. "Being able to accomplish any task as his heart desires" simply means that he is extremely powerful in that era. Now, imagine that we transport Zhao Zhijing (Quanzhen disciple that hated Yang Guo) to the era of FLYING FOX OF SNOWY MOUNTAIN where Hu Fei, Miao Renfeng and Priest Wucheng roamed the martial world --> do you think that Zhao Zhijing's martial arts level can be said to enable him to "accomplish any task as his heart desires" in FLYING FOX novel?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ewww! I think not!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Hmmmm, I don't think so yet. Zhao Zhijing was too far behind the elites of his era. More importantly, this is the JY world and to acheive that kinda level (regardless of timeline) requires one to have the 'hero' factor which Zhao did not have.

However, I am sure that if SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan could travel forward in time, he would absolutely awe Hu Yidao. Hu Fei, Miao Renfeng and Chen Jialuo.

Zhao was not given the opportunity to show Sword Nimbus/Halo, something which we can see did not exist in the later Qing era.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

What better way to answer my own question than to simply read the Qing dynasty books by Jin Yong! However, as a preliminary hypothesis, I do have this personal feeling that Zhao Zhijing would have achieved the stage of "doing whatever he wants to" by Miao Renfeng's time. But, I will find out for myself...
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」