Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hu Hua Ling (The Flower Guarding Bell) translation

Default Hu Hua Ling (The Flower Guarding Bell) translation

Yufeng of wuxiamania is currently translating the one of the best, loveable GL earlier novels, where the story actually features one of the most adorable women in GL universe, the story was written in a traditional way, no dialogue driven story like Lu Xiao Feng here, just plain good old wuxia.

And best of all, GL fans agree that Mei Yin Xue, the female character is one of the most powerful and beautiful female character GL ever created, she is just a wonderful character without ripping off her clothes like GL later novels.

thanks to Yufeng, here's some excerpt

Hu Hua Ling

Chapter One: Between Life and Death

The night sky was emptied of clouds. Amidst the fog, stood a demure, alluring and extremely beautiful young woman. One hand holding on her flowing hair and the another hand holding on to her soft outer garment. Yet without slowing her pace, she continued on.

Along the treacherous mountain trails, there appeared several people. The young woman raised her eyebrows, give a faint laugh, her laughter warmed the cold chill, filled with poisonous intentions, it hard to believe that it actually came from that demure beautiful maiden.

As the laughter traveled, those walking on the mountain trails, sprang forwards. In a blink of the eye, they are already in front of the young woman. The extremely beautiful young woman looked tellingly with her eyes and coldly said. “Come with me!” As she turned her slim body and moved several yards, never to look back. She leapt several times and soon she was on top the Southern Peak!

There were five people following her. One of them was a big man in black carrying a sheathed sword who laughing and saying to an older woman in the group. “What a arrogant little girl. I afraid she is three times more obnoxiously than you when you are younger!”

The older woman gave a gentle laugh, said. “Really?”

The big man in black kept laughing and said. “Of course it is real, whoever married her, I am sure will feel more torturous than me, Long Fei!”

The laughter stirred the four corners of the mountain. It was filled with love as the older woman rested on his chest, as his laughter and hers became unison.

The lad behind them suddenly gave a shout. “Grand Teacher has arrived.” And their laughter ceased. Behind them, was an old man wrapped in cotton garments walking in broad strides covered with a cloth over his head.

Every one of the old man steps was a yard apart and his garments seemed to flutter and float as he moved. Behind him were four men who seemed to be carrying something on their back yet none of the group could see carefully.

The old man asked. “Where is it?”

Another man answered. “Gone up already!”

The old man sternly said. “Follow!” As he took big steps towards the peak. The winds reveal a sword scabbard underneath his cloak.

The older woman said melancholy, “grandfather today…” Her lips moved halfway, the sentence she was trying to complete, was unable to continue.

A thin young man turned back and looked at a young man and woman, pausing awhile and let go of a sigh. “Fourth sister and fifth brother, you should remain at the mountain slope. Having finished spoken, he sprang to join Long Fei and his wife.

The young man and woman both exchanged glances. For a long time, none spoke.

Southern Peak is Huashan summit. And the beautiful young woman appeared and said in a low voice. “You have come.” There were also four other women behind her.

Below the summit, a voice was heard. “This ten years promise, Long Bushi has not forgotten, how come the Lady is not here to welcome an old friend?” His voice was not high pitch yet when every word was traversed up, it was very clear to the ears.

to continue please go to http://www.wuxiasociety.org
    Last edited by chickenfeet; 03-15-07 at 10:51 AM.

The translation has reached chapter 7 now.

thanks to Yufeng.

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet
    The translation has reached chapter 7 now.

thanks to Yufeng.

http://wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258
    thanx for letting us know about this news.... hope its an enjoyable read

Wow, this is an excellent story. Thanks for pointing this out.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Chapter 8 is up!

Upto chapter 14 is complete.
    gr8 story.

Yeap, thanks for the great read.

Is it me or is that translation going ridiculously fast?

Chapter 18 now, 4 more chapters to go

The translator translates at a crazy speed, the story is updated almost twice a day.

Yufeng wants to complete the novel by mid of april. As Yufeng is busy after mid-april. Hence the fastness. Almost a chapter a day. As usual GuLong twists, with g8 entertainment value.
    Thanks chickenfeet for pointing out and yufeng to translate.

Why does this forum require a login to view the translation? Forcing registration only boost the member count and does nothing to increase the number of active members.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Well, that is the rule of the wuxiasociety.org, ran by Temujin.

If you have issues, pm Temujin or chickenfeet here, they have admin power over there.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT
    Why does this forum require a login to view the translation? Forcing registration only boost the member count and does nothing to increase the number of active members.
    We found out that the translation was posted without our nor the author's consent in some Asian forum (website), moreover, no credit was given either, in order to prevent something like this to happen in the future and hoping that readers will actually post something to show some appreciation to Yufeng, the translator, and to encourage discussion of the story, we temporarily changed the access level of Gu Long translation section to "Members only"

Just a heads up, the translation of Hu Hua Ling (100%) has been completed by Yufeng 5 minutes ago.

So now we have another novel added to the completed translation of Gu Long's works (Xiao Shiyi Lang and Ming Jian Feng Liu are the other two). Give it a try, Gu Long is a really writer like none other.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet
    We found out that the translation was posted without our nor the author's consent in some Asian forum (website), moreover, no credit was given either, in order to prevent something like this to happen in the future and hoping that readers will actually post something to show some appreciation to Yufeng, the translator, and to encourage discussion of the story, we temporarily changed the access level of Gu Long translation section to "Members only"

Just a heads up, the translation of Hu Hua Ling (100%) has been completed by Yufeng 5 minutes ago.

So now we have another novel added to the completed translation of Gu Long's works (Xiao Shiyi Lang and Ming Jian Feng Liu are the other two). Give it a try, Gu Long is a really writer like none other.
    But this still won't prevent unscrupulous people to sign up, copy the translation and post somewhere else without giving credit to Yufeng.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT

Don't jinx it. Next thing you know it'll require you to post X number of messages before you can view the translations

Then we can all post one word messages.

btw: When I started viewing the translation a couple of days ago it didn't require registration. I was rather surprised to see the login come up since I bookmarked the page.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Sorry to Necro this thread up - I recently finished Silver Spear cleansed in Righteous Blood, and was looking to read Flower Guarding Bell next. Since there was an English translation I thought I'd read this instead of the Chinese one, since it'll take much less time! Does anyone know where I can still read this? The wuxiasociety links all seem to be dead other than at the homepage. Are they doing renovations or something?

http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258

The links are working fine.. from wuxiasociety.. and this link has got complete translation
    Last edited by littleli; 09-19-10 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littleli View Post
    http://www.wuxiasociety.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258

The links are working fine.. from wuxiasociety.. and this link has got complete translation
    Ooh thanks! The dead links I got were through the link posted at the top, and trying to click on the menu icons at the top.

Just finished this!! Spent a week reading the first 3 chapters in Chinese (I only have a jianti version of the books, and I'm really bad at jianti) then gave up and read the remaining 19 translated chapters in 3 days!! Thanks, Yufeng!

I do wish that there was some closure to Guo Yuxia's infidelity to Long Fei, though. It seems that the 4 Zhijiao disciples will go back to being just martial brothers and sisters like before. Shi Cen repented, but Guo Yuxia was never called to account for any of her actions. I thought maybe she'd die and Long Fei could marry Gu Yihong, but it didn't happen. I don't mind Guo Yuxia surviving (she wasn't really that dislikeable at the beginning, quite likeable in fact, and everything just went into a spiral downward for her later on) but at the very least let us know if Long Fei actually knew about the affair or not, and let him forgive her or something.. but there was no closure at all to that part of the story.

Otherwise it was a very very good read. Hopefully TVB could take note and produce it or something, although I'm not sure they'd be able to find actresses to play the role of Mei Yinxue and Ye Manqing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Just finished this!! Spent a week reading the first 3 chapters in Chinese (I only have a jianti version of the books, and I'm really bad at jianti) then gave up and read the remaining 19 translated chapters in 3 days!! Thanks, Yufeng!

I do wish that there was some closure to Guo Yuxia's infidelity to Long Fei, though. It seems that the 4 Zhijiao disciples will go back to being just martial brothers and sisters like before. Shi Cen repented, but Guo Yuxia was never called to account for any of her actions. I thought maybe she'd die and Long Fei could marry Gu Yihong, but it didn't happen. I don't mind Guo Yuxia surviving (she wasn't really that dislikeable at the beginning, quite likeable in fact, and everything just went into a spiral downward for her later on) but at the very least let us know if Long Fei actually knew about the affair or not, and let him forgive her or something.. but there was no closure at all to that part of the story.

Otherwise it was a very very good read. Hopefully TVB could take note and produce it or something, although I'm not sure they'd be able to find actresses to play the role of Mei Yinxue and Ye Manqing.
    i just finished it too!

i hated gyx. of all the females in the novel, i dislike her the most. she's significantly worse than lady proudless. and definitely, gyx was left open ended, but i don't think she got off scott free.

click to show/hide spoilers
    nangong ping knew she was evil and shi chen also despised her. plus, her husband is too righteous to face a wife like that.

at least with lady proudness, you know she's evil to the core. she even thought myx was cold blooded for "getting over" her husband. on the other hand, gyx planned to kill her husband or allow him to die in the mountains when she thought it was convenient for her, and she switches sides when it's to her advantage. the woman has no morals whatsoever.

i love ymq...imo, her character was cooler than myx. although towards the end, i learn to like myx alot compared to my feelings for her than in the beginning. nevertheless, ymq seems like a much better fit for the protagonist even though i didn't understand why she liked him so quickly. i'm a huge fan of ymq, and i wish gl had devoted more time to develop her character. she would easily be the best female character of all time imo. sure, myx is extremely clever and beautiful but she's a bit petty and whiny. ymq has a great head on her shoulder and even went against her master's last hope and protected long bushi because she knew it was the right thing to do.

i think tang yan can play myx pretty well. as for ymq...well, i think yang mi of 2005 would have been good enough for me, but not the one from 2010. i'll just wait until another actress captures my attention...for now, tang yan can be a contender for either role for me.

nangong ping is one very lucky dude...and he's such a cool character too.
    Last edited by patricia n; 10-12-10 at 01:05 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)