Thread: Did Deun Jing Ming see his brother Deun Jing Tsun as an embarrassment?

Default Did Deun Jing Ming see his brother Deun Jing Tsun as an embarrassment?

King Deun Jing Ming was a real class act of a guy who never had a bad thing to say about anyone, but one has to wonder if he wasn't privately embarrassed by the philandering ways of his younger brother Deun Jing Tsun. Deun Jing Tsun was first in the line of succession to the throne of Dali if Deun Jing Ming should abdicate or die. It must have concerned the king at least a little that his younger brother and most direct heir was an infamous philanderer who'd had affairs across several international borders.

Gees, I would if I was DZM (he is a royalty however, so many wives is normal, just the way he's obsessed with them). He was soooo much weaker in martial arts, and maybe other fields as well.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Gees, I would if I was DZM (he is a royalty however, so many wives is normal, just the way he's obsessed with them). He was soooo much weaker in martial arts, and maybe other fields as well.
    I know that Deun Jing Tsun's martial arts skills were inferior to those of his brother, but I never thought it was a huge gap (like say, between the king and the four guardsmen). I thought the difference was only as great as, for example, the difference between Gwok Jing and one of the Greats at the end of LOCH (i.e. Deun Jing Tsun was at least 60-70% as powerful as Deun Jing Ming).

Duan Zhengchun seems to be just slightly above the 3 Evil's level in martial arts. I don't recall him defeating anyone at their level. Also he was defeated by Murong Fu in a few stances, although Murong Fu did comment that Duan seemed more powerful than Evil #3. Not to mention, Xiao Feng thought that Duan would not be able to withstand one of his palms.

The novel explained the raison d'tre for his inferiority compared to the emperor, can be attributed to his frequent sex havings.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

LOL serious!! Wonder what became of DY and XZ, whether their leechings went elsewhere.

DYQ can defeat another evil in a few stances. Similarly DZM might do so to DZC.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

In Buddhist studies and martial arts, Duen Zheng Ming beat Duen Zheng Shun flat.

But remember, Duen Zheng Shun had a whole truck-load of girlfriends and illegitimate daughters (and a supposed son). Duen Zheng Ming had no heir.

Seriously, Duen Zheng Ming is really like the overall Mr Nice Guy. He wouldn't have been ashamed of Duen Zheng Shun although he probably would've reprimanded him for his philandering ways. Which explains why Duen Zheng Shun stopped going out so much (note how close the ages of his daughters were - meaning his philandering years were probably only between 3-6 years during his "misspent youth").

~ Edmund Lau

I like Deun Jing Ming alot. The guy is a real class act and probably as close to an ideal ruler as you can find in a wuxia novel. He was intelligent, wise, compassionate, just, patient, courageous, decisive, fair, well-mannered, erudite, skilled in the martial arts, and well-respected by wulin...just about everything you would want in a national leader.

Hey, PJ and CC: how about toasting King Deun Jing Ming in your next wuxia celebrity roast?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

no, the secod duan prince was known as a man given to afections of the heart, but was also a loyal and heroic person and well loved by the people, so he wasn't an embarresment.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

According to the novel, Duan Zhengming never really criticized his brother's ways. whenever the issue came up, the emperor pretty much tried to laugh it off.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」