Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Royale Nominations: Sword Meet of Mount Wah!

Default Battle Royale Nominations: Sword Meet of Mount Wah!

hey fellow wuxia mates! i wanna have a martial arts elimination tournament for the stronger bunch of Jin Yong major characters, following a similar format as the "Battle Royale" tournament in the Actresses forum.

i was thinking: 4 groups of 4 highly skilled martial artists per group. Top two who receives the most votes of each group gets to proceed to the next round. Voting closes after a week for each round. So i believe there will be around 3 rounds: Quarter, Semi and then Finals.

Nomination Rules:

1. the fighters should not be too far off from the levels of GJ/YG/ZWJ at their peaks. so no uber characters like Sweeps/HZ/SPT.

2. no unknowns like Sunflower Manual Creator and the such.

3. try to stick to novels of DGSD and Condor Trilogy (yes DFBB can be an exception).

4. when u nominate a character to join this Sword Meet of Mount Wah, please list out their top 3-4 martial art skills and also if u can please include a small description of what role/position they held in Wulin.
    For example: ex-Beggar Union Leader XF (HL28Z, Dog Beating Stick Technique, Shaolin Dragon Claws, Shaolin Demon-Subduing Palm) or Northern Hero GJ (HL18Z, Vacant Fist, Nine Yin Manual, L/R Technique)

Let the nominations begin!!

Sounds like a variation of the Wuxia Survivor Games.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Sounds like a variation of the Wuxia Survivor Games.
    yeah no good? i think it'd be pretty interesting. but instead of one big thread it'll be like 7 small threads around?

Since this is a SWORD tournament by definition, there is no doubt in my mind that SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan should be the star of this great meeting.

Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai should be there too. After losing to SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan TWICE in the last survivor game, Master Dugu is still enjoying his overjoyment of having finally met a match. He would not want to compete again, but his fans may prefer otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by augster123
    yeah no good? i think it'd be pretty interesting. but instead of one big thread it'll be like 7 small threads around?
    for some reason, i have a lot more faith in the wuxia forum than the actresses forum when it comes to real voting and non-duplicate accounts

i reckon we've pretty much covered all possible comps

wait, if i remember correctly, there are still a few games hanging around that got forgotten about.

Since this is a SWORD tournament by definition, there is no doubt in my mind that SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan should be the star of this great meeting.

Demonic Swordsman Dugu Qiubai should be there too. After losing to SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan TWICE in the last survivor game, Master Dugu is still enjoying his overjoyment of having finally met a match. He would not want to compete again, but his fans may prefer otherwise.

ahahaha, this tournament won't just be exclusively for swordsmen/women. and yah both Dugu and Zhuo Bufan are not exactly around the GJ/YG/ZWJ level (all 3 are pretty much given to be in this tournament).

with that being said, i nominate Old Urchin Zhou BoTong (L/R Technique, Vacant Fist, Nine Yin Manual, various Quan Zhen martial arts) and ex-Sun Moon Sect Leader DongFong BuBai (Sunflower Manual, various Sun Moon Sect martial arts) to join this glorious tournament at Mount Wah.

ahahaha, this tournament won't just be exclusively for swordsmen/women. and yah both Dugu and Zhuo Bufan are not exactly around the GJ/YG/ZWJ level (all 3 are pretty much given to be in this tournament).
    BTW, off topic a little, has there ever been a Survivor Games dedicated to the best weapons in JY world? I am pretty sure Gu Long world has more famous weapons, but there should be enough famous weapons for a future "Jin Yong Weapons Survivor" I hope. PJ, please look into this.

Dongfang Bubai should be around a similar level as Demonic Swordsman, so if you include Dongfang, then Dugu should be acceptable. while SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's exact level is unknown, he has tossed an object across 3 miles, that alone should get him into this game!

Plus that SOWRD GOD Zhuo Bufan reached the peak of perfection in Swordsmanship and was *probably* the creator of the Sunflower Manuscript, he/she was also *presumed* to have created 4 scars on Li Qiushui's face making a Jing character (#)!
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Dongfang Bubai should be around a similar level as Demonic Swordsman, so if you include Dongfang, then Dugu should be acceptable. while SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's exact level is unknown, he has tossed an object across 3 miles, that alone should get him into this game!
    shoulding DGQB be considered an "unknown". the evidence of whether he is around DFBB's level or not is quite vague.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver
    shoulding DGQB be considered an "unknown". the evidence of whether he is around DFBB's level or not is quite vague.
    True... both are >>> Linghu Chong, so I just conveniently lumped them together, but it is true that there could still be a gap, not a big gap though IMO.

i nominate zhou bak tong, his wife, metal palm guy, his sister, and the leader of the no love sect
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

yeah Dugu is kinda of an unknown. it'd be best to nominate Condor-Greats level martial artists who have actually displayed their capabilities in actual fights in the novels. For example, Great Wheel Monk JiuMoZhi and Xiao Feng are both good candidates that i think are worthy of a nomination.

Hooo Wheeee! Another opportunity for the Mighty God of Sword, Sword of God, SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan to unleash his divine blade of perfection onto the ignorant!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i nominate zhou bak tong, his wife, metal palm guy, his sister, and the leader of the no love sect
    metal palm guy QQR can definitely be considered, although many people will no doubt label him as the underdog in this tourney.

Ying Gu, QQR's sister (forgot her name) and GongSunZhi are not exactly there yet unfortunately.

ok i also nominate the 2nd deciple of gold wheel monk, li mo shou, the tiger guy before he was blinded, the guy that cut his genitals in state of divinity

ok i also nominate the 2nd deciple of gold wheel monk, li mo shou, the tiger guy before he was blinded, the guy that cut his genitals in state of divinity
    ....which guy who cut off his genitals...there seems to be quite a few of them.

if ur going to nominate 2nd disciple of gold wheel monk, why not just nominate gold wheel monk himself?

which gets me to think...instead of always picking the "top" ppl to battle out, maybe there should be one for 2nd tier fighters, ie Li Mo Chou, Gold Wheel Monk's disicples, certain shaolin monks, certain dali citizens, etc.
    Last edited by S Beaver; 01-29-07 at 03:57 AM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

....which guy who cut off his genitals...there seems to be quite a few of them.

if ur going to nominate 2nd disciple of gold wheel monk, why not just nominate gold wheel monk himself?

which gets me to think...instead of always picking the "top" ppl to battle out, maybe there should be one for 2nd tier fighters, ie Li Mo Chou, Gold Wheel Monk's disicples, certain shaolin monks, certain dali citizens, etc.
    because yang guo already defeated golden wheel monk... but no1 defeated his 2nd desiciple

i mean the guy that has leader of hua shan

because yang guo already defeated golden wheel monk... but no1 defeated his 2nd desiciple

i mean the guy that has leader of hua shan
    although YG did defeat Golden Wheel Monk, Golden Wheel Monk is still more appropriate to join this tourney than any of his disciples. and what the hey? we need some more baddies in this tourney. i nominate Mongolian Number One Protector Golden Wheel Monk (Level 10 Dragon Elephant Prana Stance, 5 Great Wheels Technique).

and yah, perhaps after this "top tier" Sword Meet of Mount Wah, we can have a mini Sword Meet of Mount Wah with characters that are not near/at Condor Greats level.
    Last edited by augster123; 01-29-07 at 04:13 AM.

so who are nominated already?