Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Mystery of Condor Heroes by JY

Banned

Default Question on Mystery of Condor Heroes by JY

Hi, I recently watch Mystery of the Condor Heroes of TVB, starting Fionna Leung and David Keung and Julian Cheung, well I think most of you guys watch this before.

Huang Rong mother, which Fionna Leung play, she was "Jin" people, the same people that raise YK, Yang Guo father. So that leave Huang Rong half Jin then?

Was this true to the novel? or was this something TVB add in?

That series is just something TVB created out of their box of imagination and ideas.

Huang Rong's mother was never jin. Besides if I recall correctly, Fiona's character was adopted by that Jin royalty, so she wasn't really jin either.

But as for the novel, HR's mother was not jin.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Banned

Wait, I thought Mystery of the Condor Heroes was a book JY wrote, so TVB don't really make it out of the blues, they just add stuff into it?

Anyways, so Huang Rong is not half Jin?

k thanks

Originally posted by Question
    Wait, I thought Mystery of the Condor Heroes was a book JY wrote, so TVB don't really make it out of the blues, they just add stuff into it?

k thanks
    MYSTERY OF THE CONDOR HEROES was a TVB creation. There is no official Jin Yong "prequel" to LOCH (unless you count DGSD). Writers assuming Jin Yong's name have written faux bookend "prequel" and "sequel" novels to LOCH, but they are not authentic and generally held in low regard by wuxia fans.

Originally posted by Question

k thanks
    Mystery of the condor heroes is not a novel written by Jin Yong. In fact, I believe TVB just took whatever information they had of Wong Yerk Si and Au Yeung Fung and just added more stuff. I think it was discussed before that the background on the Greats were not totally in detail, and TVB just created those series in the 90s, like a series on Zhang San Feng, Wang Chong Yang, Xie Xun, Huang Yao Shi, and Au Yeung Fung but about 98% is not true at all esp to the Condor Heroes Trilogy.

No, Wong Yung's mother was not part of Jin people. Need I repeat?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

There was even an adaptation starring Felix Wong as DGQB. All these *creative* producers...

Thanks Rabadi for reminding me, yeah that series too. I didn't think it was too bad.

TVB just took the little information of those characters and made up a story for them, but those so called prequel stories were never included in the novels Jin Yong wrote. I meant we never heard of those characters before LOCH and ROCH, and the other novels that JY wrote.

For more answers - refer to this thread that Kamii posted
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...&threadid=7223

Fake DGQB adaptation? How come I have never seen it before?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    Fake DGQB adaptation? How come I have never seen it before?
    Maybe because it was too long ago. 1989. It's okay, but I think the p0lot is too plain.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Maybe because it was too long ago. 1989. It's okay, but I think the p0lot is too plain.
    it'b be kinda boring too, you know he's gonna beat everyone, everytime and for a good chunk of his life they'd have to have him wipe the floor with people ala Sweeper to show that he is that damn powerful
    It's a show to yawn at...
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Actually, it's a story of how a guy that was a nobody eventually becoming DGKB.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Ardor
    it'b be kinda boring too, you know he's gonna beat everyone, everytime and for a good chunk of his life they'd have to have him wipe the floor with people ala Sweeper to show that he is that damn powerful
    It's a show to yawn at...
    I watched it years ago, it starred Felix AND Hugo as the villan. It was the story of the youthful DGKB, oh yeah Maggie Siu was in there too but she died and so Felix ended up with that other girl. He was the son of some unorthodox cult leaders that the good sects were against, his mom switched him with a villager's baby son and so his parents weren't dead but i think, his dad was captured and his mom was injured? i don't remember that much but he was raised by his foster mom, and I think he went to work at Hugo Ng's manor and Hugo played a spoiled gong zi, so when his family was killed he blamed felix somehow I forgot. They both weren't good at martial arts but later Felix got better because he learnt it in a cave or somewhere that he went into and everyone thought he had drown and died but he went there and learnt some martial arts that are better than he was taught before he got to that place...I think. So no he wasn't great and undefeated all thru out the series. But who knows, this was just TVB's creation and imagination run wild.

So, not everyone thinks DGQB is undefeatable?

Huh? I meant to say he eventually became undefeated. The series was his life story from baby to teenage youth and adult.

I thought it could've been better, for them to create a story about him, if they could have followed the different stages/phases of swords he had used thru out his life, which I thought would've been interesting but they didn't.

I was being sarcastic

If you set aside the fact that MYSTERY OF THE CONDOR HEROES skews Jin Yong's work, it's actually not a bad series...one of TVB's better post-1980s efforts.

te one thing i have agaibst this prequels r y do they always use the god damn same cast eg Wayne Leung starred as zbt in Mystery of condor hero's, Rage and passion(wong Zhong yang story), Condor hero returns (about Sotuht emperor and northern beggar) and also bloddy roch 95 if i recall correctly, was he in loch 94. But anyways what the heck this guy played all the zbt's. And fiona played in 2 of those, while Ekin Chan played in r&p and CHR. I mean is it really that god damn hard to pik 1 person to suit the roles.sighs it's a real turn off whenu see the sdame person playing in so many side stories that should relate to the jy condor hero's trilogy.

What do you think about "Ashes of Time"? It was a story about young WYS,H7G and OYF.

Cast
    WYS = Tony Leung Ka Fai
    OYF = Leslie Cheung
    H7G = Jacky Cheung

Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

Originally posted by Jian Shen
    What do you think about "Ashes of Time"?
    Ashes of Time? Sounds similar to Sidney Sheldon's "The Sands of Time"