View Poll Results: Who would defeat the other?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dugu Qiubai would prevail with his martial theories

25 89.29%
  • Yue Hou would crush the Sword Demon with his dual combination LDA energies

3 10.71%

Thread: Who Would Win III?

Default Who Would Win III?

In a combat, Dugu Qiubai vs SPW's Great Yin Yang Palm Master Yue Hou. Keep in mind that Yue Hou has positively launched a bone-crushing LDA whiled Dugu Qiubai, with our without a sword, with form or formless has never been shown to launch either an LDA or an LDX and neither have any of his "students".

LOL, Dugu, the God of MA Zen philosophy, who is able to overcome opponent by doing *nothing*, for the win.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

The answer for this question is a lot more transparent. Linghu Chong, who at the time was only at a fraction of Dugu Qiubai's level, already beat Yue Hou with the Palm-Breaking Stance of the Dugu Nine Swords. It is obvious that Dugu Qiubai would own Yue Hou in no time.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-01-07 at 04:38 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    The answer for this question is a lot more transparent. Linghu Chong, who at the time was only at a fraction of Dugu Qiubai's level, already beat Yue Hou with the Palm-Breaking Stance of the Dugu Nine Swords. It is obvious that Dugu Qiubai would own Yue Hou in no time.
    So, if I understand you right, being able to throw an LDA has nothing to do with being able to win a fight. Is that correct? Because, we all know that Linghu Chong cannot throw an LDX and absolutely not an LDA. Yet, he was able to win against Yue Hou.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 02-01-07 at 05:02 AM.

i agree with huang rong this time, i think if yue hou heard the name dogu quibai, he will just surrender and run
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    So, if I understand you right, being able to throw an LDA has nothing to do with being able to win a fight. Is that correct? Because, we all know that Linghu Chong cannot throw an LDX and absolutely not an LDA. Yet, he was able to win against Yue Hou.
    Not "nothing to do with," but not "everything to do with" either.

The reason that Linghu Chong with no internal energy could overcome masters with abundant internal energy, is an attribute of his specific skill. Jin Yong said that "no matter how high your internal energy, it will be useless against the exquisite stances of Dugu Nine Swords." For all we know, Linghu Chong could have the skills to break the palms of Qiu Qianren, You Tanzhi, Yang Guo, and Zhang Wuji (who may be on par with Yue Hou).

this poll is way too unfair

LHC only won against Yue Hou because his internal energy (well, the streams of energy in him at the time if you want to be exact) was so much stronger than that of Yue Hou that he could take a direct hit from Yue Hou's LDA and still keep on fighting. If LHC had truly had no internal energy and only his DG9J when he faced Yue Hou he would have died at that time. The reason I believe DGQB could beat Yue Hou is because I believe DGQB's internal energy to exceed that of Yue Hou by so much that Yue Hou could not injure DGQB without a weapon regardless of how he attacked him.

The reason that Linghu Chong with no internal energy could overcome masters with abundant internal energy, is an attribute of his specific skill. Jin Yong said that "no matter how high your internal energy, it will be useless against the exquisite stances of Dugu Nine Swords." For all we know, Linghu Chong could have the skills to break the palms of Qiu Qianren, You Tanzhi, Yang Guo, and Zhang Wuji (who may be on par with Yue Hou).
    I disagree on this one, DG9J was never shown to be able to handle LDAs, hence LDAs dissapearing in the later part of SOD to make DG9J appear more impressive than it really is. While it's possible that LHC could defeat the palm skills of the people you mentioned in close combat I think he could not beat them if they were to use LDAs. I just don't see how you could poke a LDA in it's weakest spot and kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM
    LHC only won against Yue Hou because his internal energy (well, the streams of energy in him at the time if you want to be exact) was so much stronger than that of Yue Hou that he could take a direct hit from Yue Hou's LDA and still keep on fighting. If LHC had truly had no internal energy and only his DG9J when he faced Yue Hou he would have died at that time. The reason I believe DGQB could beat Yue Hou is because I believe DGQB's internal energy to exceed that of Yue Hou by so much that Yue Hou could not injure DGQB without a weapon regardless of how he attacked him.
    I guess so, but that's the part of SPW that makes the least sense to me: Jin Yong saying "he has no internal energy... but wait he has a lot of REAL energy," whatever REAL energy is.

I disagree on this one, DG9J was never shown to be able to handle LDAs, hence LDAs dissapearing in the later part of SOD to make DG9J appear more impressive than it really is. While it's possible that LHC could defeat the palm skills of the people you mentioned in close combat I think he could not beat them if they were to use LDAs. I just don't see how you could poke a LDA in it's weakest spot and kill it.
    乐厚双掌得手,只道对方纵不立毙当场,也必重伤倒地,哪知他竟是安然无恙,跟着又见剑光点点,指向自己掌心 ,惊异之下,双掌交错,一拍令狐冲面门,一拍他的小腹。掌力甫吐,突然间一阵剧痛连心,只见自己两只手掌叠 在一起,都已穿在对方长剑之上,不知是他用剑连刺自己双掌,还是自己将掌击到他的剑尖之上,但见左掌在前, 右掌在后,剑尖从左掌的手背透入五寸有余。

When Yue Hou responded to Linghu Chong's sword attack, his internal energy was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM
    Lol Much like physics. strike the moving object in it's middle and it'll spread out and go opposite sides xD much like the LDA.. strike it's middle with some some of wind from the sword and it'll apart.. lol